• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confident they have a Switch in their briefcase. And they are going to try some showmanship to demonstrate how different they are.

Well, Switch is in exhibit list too, soo.

liGh2X8.png

OP
OP
Idas

Idas

Antitrusting By Keyboard
Mar 20, 2022
Hey, Idas! Could you make a quick links section at the top of the OT post reserved for the things that are happening now? Providing the link for the audio hearing and the Court Listener, for example. I think you said you have put the audio link in there, but there is so much text that I didn't find it (I got it on browser history).

There you go!

Quick links for the FTC v. MS case:

- Docket entries
- US District Court web for the case
- Zoom audio feed - direct link

There is also a treadmark to the Zoom audio feed and I've included the links at the top of the OT.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Big change if they win this. They go ahead and close it. Even with the CMA ruling
Isn't the CMA approval specifically part of the deal? Meaning unless they renegotiate a new deal that excludes an approval of the CMA, they can't really do it?
I'm not aware of a new deal being in place.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
You can now enter your email/meeting code thing to get in the webinar btw don't forget to get a spot

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't the CMA approval explicit part of the deal? Meaning unless they renegotiate a new deal that excludes an approval of the CMA, they can't really do it?
I'm not aware of a new deal being in place.
Not sure the details. But reading abit about that Ms and acti will move further if this ends up good.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
So I just open the zoom link and leave it on the page that says the webinar will begin soon? I've never used zoom before

Or am I in the one for yesterday?

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Ultimately if they're discussing confidential information, they have no way to keep it hidden without sealing that part of the session due to it just being a recording.

Case in point, the misstep yesterday of accidentally saying "80... ugh" referring to the alternative 80/20 split from 70/30.

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
AFAIK, most of the internet lawyers I'm following have confirmed that it is very likely the CMA will agree to remedies with Xbox if FTC doesn't block.

It can really go either way. If Microsoft can prove the UK truly is an island here, then it does help them. But only to the extent of comnity with other nations. That said if the CMA didn't care, they could still block it by tweaking the decision a little more to make it sound more UK Centric.

Comity is a grounds to say their block was irrational. They are supposed to understand their place in the international community in regards to international mergers with their findings and remedies.

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like the feeling is getting past the FTC grants a kind of soft-power to MS.

On the one-hand I'm not convinced by soft-power alone. All the CMA has to do to take the big-tech scalp them and the FTC are looking for is to stick to their guns.

On the other hand, if MS comes to an agreement with the FTC and the unproven belief that the FTC and CMA are colluding is somewhat true, I wouldn't think it unthinkable the CMA fold to the same concessions that would be sought by the FTC.

Anyways, thanks for the updates.

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
Time to go to the cafeteria. aka lunch on the East coast for me

Judge said it will take atleast 45 mins for the sealed portion to complete