Windu

Oct 25, 2017
[

Phil is talking only about 2027, i can understand jim not being happy at all.
But jim is asking too much i think ?

Even if jim was asking too much, microsoft should have accepted this and go on. Getting every game on gamepass would have been enough, getting the money from the multiplatform too, and even more, getting the money from mobile would have been awesome.
Yeah The original reports were of a 5 yr deal. Then they offered the 10 yr deal.

Corrik

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 5, 2022
[

Even if jim was asking too much, microsoft should have accepted this and go on. Getting every game on gamepass would have been enough, getting the money from the multiplatform too, and even more, getting the money from mobile would have been awesome.
His terms clearly state no Activision titles on gamepass. Heh.

Yeah that's asking a lot.

Stormbrewer

Oct 25, 2017
[

If I'm reading the latter part of the email right, Jim also wanted guarantees that the games wouldn't go on Subscription services (gamepass) without also being on a Sony equivalent (ps+) - "Activision games should not receive unequal treatment on the Parties' subscription services". Seems like they were angling to either have it excluded from gamepass or get it on the cheap on PS+? Not sure MS would ever agree to those terms.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
image.png

I think $242 million for Horizon Forbidden West
$220 million for for last of us part 2

Reil

Oct 12, 2018
If I'm reading the latter part of the email right, Jim also wanted guarantees that the games wouldn't go on Subscription services (gamepass) without also being on a Sony equivalent (ps+) - "Activision games should not receive unequal treatment on the Parties' subscription services". Seems like they were angling to either have it excluded from gamepass or get it on the cheap on PS+? Not sure MS would ever agree to those terms.
Not only that, he also wanted to rediscuss Bethesda titles. The entitlement of that guy, geez

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah, i didn't see the "' not on gamepass"...So yeah, it wasn't good enough for microsoft without at least gamepass. ( and yeah i know it was before the 10 years offer)

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
https://files.cand.uscourts.gov/files/23-cv-02880_FTC_v_Microsoft/PX1136_redacted.pdf

One of the newer files posted, there was some speculation that Project Phoenix was a potential acquisition of Square Enix and all things considered the dates of the two emails matches up with that as something that makes sense. Definitely interesting to see that MS was kicking the tires and having multiple discussions about acquiring an Asian publisher, even if it isn't Square Enix like I think

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
[

There is no reason for them to accept putting every single ABK game. Jim is asking for way too much.

Sangral