Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
so Zeke has a private chat, but does he not know who he is chating with or just doesn't want to say who?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Devious, are you still active this morning? I'm not happy with you avoiding my questions while responding to other players....

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If the second claim was done on the same day, then, yeah.

But a day later? That would just let scum coordinate during night chat.
I don't think that's really something you would do right off the bat because you'd be confirmed dead (or at least under heavy suspicion) the next day the moment you succeed once the other person flips town. I think the only way that would work is it was two scum or one scum one neutral.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Were they given your information as well? Do you have additional reason to heavily protect them, such as neighbour not being the only info you received? Do you currently believe your chat partner is town?

See I think you are getting at what I'm getting at. Its possible that Zeke doesn't know who he is chatting with, just that a chat will take place. I can understand the desire to get ahead of a "surprise you are in a chat with me" thing night 1, but I'm not sure I would have done it.

I can completly understand wanting to hide your chat partner's name if you do know it though. First game I was part of a lovers chat where we couldn't be sure of the others alignment. we were both town but still it was uneasy until the end.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Lone_Prodigy, Fireblend, can I get your thoughts on other players besides zeke
I feel good about Fantomas and wee, not a whole lot of thoughts on other players. Checking the post count Stu is up there but I have barely felt they're here. Saenima's reaction to my question felt a bit scripted, like a worse version of Fantomas' reaction. I want to see if something comes from Weemad's convo with WSD too. Other than that I've got little on other players.

EzekelRAGE :
What kind of question is that? We're playing mafia where a verified claim is much stronger than one that is not.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not liking fireblend/saenima interactions with each other.

Saenima, what is your current thoughts or reads of:
Captainnuevo
Z-Beat
Fantomas
Fep

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel good about Fantomas and wee, not a whole lot of thoughts on other players. Checking the post count Stu is up there but I have barely felt they're here. Saenima's reaction to my question felt a bit scripted, like a worse version of Fantomas' reaction. I want to see if something comes from Weemad's convo with WSD too. Other than that I've got little on other players.

EzekelRAGE :
Scripted how?

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Lone_Prodigy, Fireblend, can I get your thoughts on other players besides zeke

Ranges from light town to light scum, with null in between. Fire's line of questioning is normal for someone who is one of the first to respond to a soft claim.

Not a fan of Zeke drip feeding information (first it's flavour name and then it's forum name as well) but it makes others look busy questioning him, so shrug.

The mystery partner can make a solid case to reveal or not reveal so I'm not concerned about their silence.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ranges from light town to light scum, with null in between. Fire's line of questioning is normal for someone who is one of the first to respond to a soft claim.

Not a fan of Zeke drip feeding information (first it's flavour name and then it's forum name as well) but it makes others look busy questioning him, so shrug.

I hadn't considered that the conversation starter could be busy work functioning as cover

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Fireblend voting saenima in opening minutes would be normal reaction to their previous mentor/mentee relationship, but saenima having NO commentary on anyone but fireblend looks very bad. If they are scummates, then the references to mentoring are also a fun in joke about how fireblend is now STILL mentoring saenima in their first time as scum. [saenima didn't roll scum in a mini, did they?]

This is one of my two plausible scum-pairing reads.

Even if fireblend was sincere i don't like saenima currently.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Are you a cannibal?

Were they given your information as well? Do you have additional reason to heavily protect them, such as neighbour not being the only info you received? Do you currently believe your chat partner is town?
I should hope none of these are the case given that he divulged this info unprovoked on Day 1. It's possible what we'rel ooking at is a portrait of a town drunk, a man who's begun his dying early - a long agonizing route through a maze of role claims.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

EzekelRAGE :
There was claim to verify.

The mystery partner can make a solid case to reveal or not reveal so I'm not concerned about their silence.
Where did I drip feed info? With the exception of saying night chat, I gave you guys all the info.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Zeke, give me a reason to back off here. I'm not looking to screw anyone over but I need to get a proper read.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Devious, are you still active this morning? I'm not happy with you avoiding my questions while responding to other players....
I was in the office in the morning when I read through the thread.

I've been in the vet for the past hour getting my dog checked in for a minor surgery.

Have a break right now waiting on some blood exams.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
So, for early thoughts, my vote is still on Fireblend, at first just for a random #SickD1Read, but then his immediate reaction to Zeke's initial claim stood out to me as well, so I haven't really wanted to move it.

Zeke, it would be going down WIFOM territory too much to figure out if this is a Town or Scum move for me, so it's mostly NAI but with a bit of a Townish vibe from the play in general.

Stuart I need more from, his posts so far have been underwhelming, but he also said he wasn't feeling super well so I don't want to hold it against him.

Weemad seems to be doing a good job here getting conversations started with other players, which makes me feel good.

Z-Beat is hopping in on conversations and tagging players for their thoughts, which is a bit more proactive than I normally remember him being, but it's nothing concerning.

For others, it's mostly just "I need more interactions" but I'll give some shoutouts.

---------

Aeleus I feel like you're paying close attention to the game, but you don't have many posts here yet. I thought you made some good points a bit earlier, any other thoughts?

Kopite you've only really given us some really basic posts so far, any thoughts on the other players yet? Anything standing out to you?

flatearthpandas would definitely like to hear some more from you, just two posts so far and they didn't say a whole lot. Who's looking scummy?

Ynnek7 I haven't played with you before. Your posts aren't giving me a whole lot here yet, are you looking at anyone as possibly being Scum here yet?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I've only played as scum once, in a game on another forum (Mafia Universe).

Thought that was how it worked.

Still relatively new to the game.
I've only played Mafia here, so I don't know for sure how other communities run things, but as far as I'm aware, Scum chatting at Day and Night is normal in this community.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all. Just woke up (yes, super late. x.x)

Reading through everything, I see Zeke has came out and claimed now, one of the earliest claims I can remember, that's for sure.

I thought scum could only chat at night, no?

In this community, scum can almost always talk day and night unless there is a role that disables chats or something.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really have a good read on anyone right now.

I guess I lean town on Zeke but that's because his posts right now remind me of every time I've seen him as town honestly. Just the feels I get from him even with the early as fuck claim.

Everyone else is a big null, not leaning one way or the other.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, was chosen b4 game started by monkey

But is it gonna be the same chat partner throughout the game or one each day? What i'm getting at is do you have any control over who your neighbour is?

Saenima's reaction to my question felt a bit scripted, like a worse version of Fantomas' reaction.

Scripted how? What do you mean?

I'm not liking fireblend/saenima interactions with each other.

Saenima, what is your current thoughts or reads of:
Captainnuevo
Z-Beat
Fantomas
Fep

I'm not liking Fireblend's interactions with me either, but how am i being suspicious here?

Cap - just flavour talk
Beat - not much to go on
Fantomas - being his busy self, a lot of reads
Fep - literally nothing there to read

If you're asking for any town/scum reads, so far i've got little. Like i said, i really don't like Fire so far and i'm trying to figure out zeke at the moment.

Why are you asking me about these players in particular btw?

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I've only played Mafia here, so I don't know for sure how other communities run things, but as far as I'm aware, Scum chatting at Day and Night is normal in this community.
In this community, scum can almost always talk day and night unless there is a role that disables chats or something.

Well, take my ignorance as proof of being town.

Disappointing but understandable. To all my fans: Don't stop rooting for me. flexes for the crowd

Rare, but varies game by game. See no reason to assume that's the case. VOTE: WhySoDevious

And, yes, that's all it is, ignorance. I've only every played as town on this forum.

You, though, I'm gonna side-eye you from now on cause of your quick vote and wanting people to latch on to that comment.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

You, though, I'm gonna side-eye you from now on cause of your quick vote and wanting people to latch on to that comment.
I approve of this side-eye though, that vote being the first thing that broke Cap out of his flavor spell made me raise an eyebrow at the least.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Aeleus I feel like you're paying close attention to the game, but you don't have many posts here yet. I thought you made some good points a bit earlier, any other thoughts?

CaptainNuevo seems to be 100% 'fun' 0% 'content' and I hate fun, NAI (sadly)

Fustrated at WhySoDevious's play as it always ends up being do I believe that they're telling the truth about being ignorant of game mechanics rather than actual reads, NAI again...

I'm forcing myself not to theorycraft Zeke's role

I agree with you that Weemad and Z-Beat have been more active compared to mansion, which gives me good vibes about weemad and NAI vibes about Z-Beat because they were a less active town who I tunneled into that game.

Hypothetically Ynnek7, FEP and Zipped are playing this game but I'm not sure I'm buying that
However, taken to its conclusion, this would actually make the paranoia validated, because the other partner would indeed be "a bad guy". So how does it make sense in the end to design if the aim of the design is triggering paranoia without it working to advantage of town?

I believe it'd be town + town, I'd just make it town + beign neutral for hijinks (I can't help myself)

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It just felt like a by-the-book "oh no, what are you doing?" response without any intention of digging deeper. They dropped it immediately and decided to converse with Zeke instead too, which I also found odd.

I took it like the joke it was. What's there to dig? Or am i supposed to take your vote on me on your second post in the game serious? Come on. And you find it odd that i decided to converse with the person who role claimed? Why is that? And why does that makes you suspicious of me but not everyone else who is conversing with zeke?

Fireblend voting saenima in opening minutes would be normal reaction to their previous mentor/mentee relationship, but saenima having NO commentary on anyone but fireblend looks very bad. If they are scummates, then the references to mentoring are also a fun in joke about how fireblend is now STILL mentoring saenima in their first time as scum. [saenima didn't roll scum in a mini, did they?]

This is one of my two plausible scum-pairing reads.

Even if fireblend was sincere i don't like saenima currently.

What was my commentary on Fireblend? And why don't you like me besides that?

I gotta say though, i feel like i'm under a coordinated attack here. Both of you are looking mighty sus to me right now.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017

And, yes, that's all it is, ignorance. I've only every played as town on this forum.

Ignorance is really easy to fake, since scum holds a disproportionate amount of information when compared to town individual players can and do withhold knowledge or "play dumb".

a lot of this is why liars get lynched. Accidentally reveal you know more than you do and you never breadcrumbed that you could see stuff, do stuff, know stuff? well then you a on the block.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I took it like the joke it was. What's there to dig? Or am i supposed to take your vote on me on your second post in the game serious? Come on. And you find it odd that i decided to converse with the person who role claimed? Why is that? And why does that makes you suspicious of me but not everyone else who is conversing with zeke?
I'm talking about your response to my question to Zeke after his "hypothetical" claim, not my vote. That was a random vote just to have one down :P

Here:
Has that other player posted yet?
Uh oh. Why would you do this? *side eyes.