• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Oh last night I bought Cobb's Suplay Cologne shirt... the one he made as a clapback to Elgin's "he stinks" comments XD

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I'll agree to disagree then as Rika and Misao have been my two favourites when it comes to character work and I think they had the best two matches in the company this year on the same night. I think one of the things I like most about the company is that you'll have normal wrestler and outlandish character yet everyone works so well together. From working together like Rika and Maho or working against each other like Yuu's tournament match against Misao where she flat out didn't sell any of her shenanigans. Plus I think some of the more compelling stories this year have been more normal characters like Rika and Marika doing everything they could to better themselves. I think I had a similar view when I started watching that you had a few stand out like Maki and Maho because their characters were nuts and that a huge amount of the roster seemed like generic idol characters, however over time most of the roster's grown on me in a way I didn't expect.

Anyway, I'm not trying to drag you for disparaging the product (as I know you're not) and you're right in that a lot of the appeal's about the crazy fun stuff. Just in match storytelling is probably the most important thing in wrestling to me, e.g. I'd be happier with a match that features 5 basic moves with a good story over a match that has over 50 different elaborate super dangerous spots that doesn't have much story to it, so I'd still recommend it to people who just like wrestling with that disclaimer.
I think I would have a much easier time getting invested in the characters if they actually had english translations of stuff, that's why the more over the top performers stand out more

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I think I would have a much easier time getting invested in the characters if they actually had english translations of stuff, that's why the more over the top performers stand out more

Yeah, without a doubt the fact you need to go to twitter to get translation for all the story stuff is a huge barrier.

All within a few of weeks of their Stardom debuts too. Shotzi and Doom were clearly the top two roster members doing the tour.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Merch Selection is crap wow.

No Suzuki Gun
No ZSJ
No Okada
No Omega specific shirts even
Not even Golden Elite

I was ready to spend hundreds... i bought Blue shirt with a Yellow NJPW lion logo on the front and 72 on the back. 30$

it's crazy that they don't realize the people at this show are the exact people willing to drop hundreds on "obscure" merch. let me guess they only had bullet club and lij merch?

the fucking primary audience of pro wrestling in america these days trends older with money to blow on the shit

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Fuck if this dude wasn't mister "just ok" in the ring. He'd be incredible

This is a hell of a promo.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
it's crazy that they don't realize the people at this show are the exact people willing to drop hundreds on "obscure" merch. let me guess they only had bullet club and lij merch?

the fucking primary audience of pro wrestling in america these days trends older with money to blow on the shit

Bingo just LIJ and BC merch yep.

I'll post the flyer soon it's pathetic

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Like legit I dropped more cash at the Indy show last night lol.

I gave Dragon Lee 50$ for a baseball Jersey
Cobb 30$ for two tees and Titan 20$ for a tee.

NJPW got 30$ lol

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So apparently WWE live attendance is lower than the WNBA. Didn't know it was that low. This is from the WOR from today.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
non blonde cody, absolute disgust

imagine finding yourself as a character, a character with beautiful golden hair, and then just regressing

i'm all out

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Bingo just LIJ and BC merch yep.

I'll post the flyer soon it's pathetic

i love how people say "lol okada wins lol gedo booking" and yet they... don't bring a single piece of chaos or okada merch to one of their shows

fucking wwe will ONLY bring cena and reigns merch to their shows on certain occasions so they can come out with the "we have to push roman look how well his merch sells!" self fulfilling prophecy horse shit

no golden elite merch is just baffling on every level, though. the hot new merch from their champion and hottest wrestling stable in north america. matt and nick should sell them out of their car they'd make a killing.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
1477 tickets still available to buy on the primary market it looks like.

no golden elite merch is just baffling on every level, though. the hot new merch from their champion and hottest wrestling stable in north america. matt and nick should sell them out of their car they'd make a killing.

I wouldn't think njpw have a piece of the golden elite pie

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Elite is branding for Bucks and friends to sell Bullet Club merch without the license, New Japan doesn't own it

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
At the Aussie tour they at least had an Aussie branded BC shirt, along with a bunch of Omega shirts.

After the show finished the wrestlers sold their own shirts outside, maybe the same at Cow Palace? I know SuzukiGun and Bucks stuff is all sold outside NJPW.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Elite is branding for Bucks and friends to sell Bullet Club merch without the license, New Japan doesn't own it

ah true

they should still cut a deal or something for these big american shows, feels like there's money left on the table for both parties when you have 6000+ die hard new japan fans in one place. fans are the big losers in the end.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
maincast-800x533.jpg

The official NJPW mobile game, 'KING OF SPORTS – NEW JAPAN PRO-WRESTLING' is now released!

You can now download the official NJPW mobile game, 'KING OF SPORTS – NEW JAPAN PRO-WRESTLING' from App Store and Google Play. It is free to play, though optional in app purchases are available.

Choose your favourite NJPW stars, including Kazuchika Okada, Kenny Omega, Hiroshi Tanahashi and more to become IWGP champion! You can also edit wrestlers' moves and costumes to bring a personal touch to the ring.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kosnjpw/id1365384823?l=en&ls=1&mt=

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.njpw.spprowus
https://www.njpw1972.com/30952

003.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

BetaTitle.jpg

aPTvFqHzjwmGj1QgnVIxQACN83kcRrn2dobK_2p_MeVINA0eSMt8gOZQLXLNMYUWD9jb=w720-h310-rw

YPmnLA0kDxC_TTq8ZrBJFNgcdC11AC4mHVZ4APCNwbfLECpJuTGrcVB8kTXzBJuKkUZk=w720-h310-rw

n5oa2b9M0nnvBIuSH_Z2j6SZqpFXltsrGnqmjAEjJkMxZhEOpJWvNtTH_1yVR4xutg=w720-h310-rw

fZ6ixfIBVQMbqnDhtv8WS6M4DRxekfvTzFmsxbPYHfPEaf280GKS3-O-IVLavVHKgA=w720-h310-rw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.