TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crota's End was great, just didn't follow the standard set by VoG. I think I had more fun in CE than I did in VoG back in the day.

Also, you needed to embrace the cheese.
images

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
The music and level design is just insane. While the game has its faults, bungie never disappoints with their raids.

I've always really enjoyed the settings and art of the Destiny raids, but I feel like the mechanics are just kind of shallow in variety of the ones I've played at least (I've played all but 3 raids over both games)

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Last week it was the worst expansion ever, this week it's better than sliced bread!

Destiny players in a nutshell.
Haven't played D2 since like month 1 but the raids are usually released after the new expansion launch, so those are two mutually exclusive things that can both be true!

Last edited:

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Destiny raids are some of the most fun group PVE content in all MMOs/GAAS titles. I could do with less of the platforming sections to pad out the content, but even those exist to hide secrets.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
Destiny raids are some of the most fun group PVE content in all MMOs/GAAS titles. I could do with less of the platforming sections to pad out the content, but even those exist to hide secrets.
I could get behind the statement for non-MMO content, I think most WoW raids and FFXIV raids blow every single Destiny raid out of the water by a huge margin outside of maybe the atmosphere of the raid itself.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I could get behind the statement for non-MMO content, I think most WoW raids and FFXIV raids blow every single Destiny raid out of the water by a huge margin outside of maybe the atmosphere of the raid itself.

They scratch different itches. There's no comparable shooter raid in the space, and introducing stiff traditional MMO raid mechanics into Destiny's raids is what makes their raid so successful. WoW and XIV raids might be more technically inventive, but Destiny's core gameplay elevates the raid experience overall.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand why some people hate this game so much.
I will never understand how someone that hates this game has posted like 20 times that everyone is wrong.

1.7 M people played yesterday this dead bad game.

I don't play ff14 because I don't have the time. Let me go to a thread to complain

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I can never get to a high enough light level, never mind get a team together. Just not enough hours in the day.

Does look very good, maybe one day...

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
I will never understand how someone that hates this game has posted like 20 times that everyone is wrong.

1.7 M people played yesterday this dead bad game.

I don't play ff14 because I don't have the time. Let me go to a thread to complain
Yeah like I get not liking a game and I've definitely posted in threads when I've disliked a game at release. But like damn Destiny 2 has been out so long, I can't imagine going into to a new thread and continuously shitting on a game like that. There always seems to be someone in a Destiny thread coming in and shitting on it for no reason.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
putting destiny in the same sentence as janky movement... lol good joke
Do you still get pushed back several meters if you start jumping while close to a wall/other object (obstacle)?
Shooting mechanics in Destiny has always been near perfect. But jumping wasn't that great.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
I will never understand why some people hate this game so much.
I don't hate Destiny, but the game is a big disappointment for me. It has potential to be so awesome, but there are many things that I don't like.
Then again, the game wasn't really designed for me, since I am the kind of player that likes playing solo (unless it's PVP), at my own pace.

I am also disappointed in recent expansions. It seems like they are reusing a lot of old content (including Destiny 1 content), and don't add that much new stuff into the game. I understand they don't have Activision's resources now, but correct me if I am wrong, they didn't lower the price for expansions after they ended their partnership with Activision?

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
I don't hate Destiny, but the game is a big disappointment for me. It has potential to be so awesome, but there are many things that I don't like.
Then again, the game wasn't really designed for me, since I am the kind of player that likes playing solo (unless it's PVP), at my own pace.

I am also disappointed in recent expansions. It seems like they are reusing a lot of old content (including Destiny 1 content), and don't add that much new stuff into the game. I understand they don't have Activision's resources now, but correct me if I am wrong, they didn't lower the price for expansions after they ended their partnership with Activision?
I believe after 5 years we can all agree that Destiny will not live to the ridiculous expectations some people have

It's extremely difficult to reach the "potential" people want, that several games have tried and they never get close to even vainilla destiny.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
There is an Era discord and they are pretty chill. Also there is a discord with ex-gaffers and era that is pretty cool. If your problem is social anxiety, raids are not for you

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
If you jump into a wall or other object, you usually get pushed back.

There is an Era discord and they are pretty chill. Also there is a discord with ex-gaffers and era that is pretty cool. If your problem is social anxiety, raids are not for you
Yeah... I've done some raids (all raids in D1, except for the last one and the first raid in D2), but I've only spoken when I absolutely had to and had a bit of a performance anxiety, I guess (constant worrying that I am going to fail my team, even though I was actually pretty good in the game). Trials of Osiris/of the Nine were also not a very comfortable experience, although not as bad as raids. :p
PVP has always been my favorite part in Destiny, until they've made it super sweaty by SBMM (which is gone now, I heard).

What are you referring to? The Raids?

There isn't a lot in the game that requires you to have a pre-made party.
Raids and Trials, yes.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
But you don't. That isn't true.
Well, I am not making this up. I've certainly died lots of times due to this, both in D1 and D2.

I can even find some reddit threads with people complaining about this "mechanic".

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
There 100% needs to be a "Story Mode" version to any game with raids for people to just see the raid and story and be done with it. I love that FFXIV has Normal raids, which aren't braindead easy but anyone can hop in and do, and a Savage mode for the more hardcore raiders. Destiny (and other games with raids) need to follow suit. If you want to lock all the good loot behind the Hard Mode version than fine. If you want it to be more of an effort to get into the Hard Mode version, than fine. But I should be able to just push a button and get matched with others to do the normal version no issue or no waiting.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I wish all of the game was third person like the start of this video so far. My time with it was mostly first person and guns.
No thank you, third person is just preferred for platforming. Slap a wide field of view on the game and the first person is magnificent.

As for people still pining for raid matchmaking. No thank you, mstchmaked activities you deal with the lowest of critical thinkers who can't event shoot envoys first in Gambit despite messaging in screen and big ass targets on their heads.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Unique experience in gaming, but I find them mostly inaccessible and opaque. The hoops you have to jump through to enjoy them just aren't for me anymore.

Menagerie/Prison of Elders were smaller versions of what I think raids ought to be.

Those activities are strictly about survivability with relatively simple mechanics. Raids up the puzzle complexity and require more teamwork and communication to complete each encounter.

May 19, 2020
There 100% needs to be a "Story Mode" version to any game with raids for people to just see the raid and story and be done with it. I love that FFXIV has Normal raids, which aren't braindead easy but anyone can hop in and do, and a Savage mode for the more hardcore raiders. Destiny (and other games with raids) need to follow suit. If you want to lock all the good loot behind the Hard Mode version than fine. If you want it to be more of an effort to get into the Hard Mode version, than fine. But I should be able to just push a button and get matched with others to do the normal version no issue or no waiting.
As someone else pointed out Bungie is obsessed with pandering to the hardcore via jackets, championship belts, emblems, etc. I think it's an issue of developer resources and not wanting to make their weekend warrior crowd upset.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I am not making this up. I've certainly died lots of times due to this, both in D1 and D2.

I can even find some reddit threads with people complaining about this "mechanic".

Yeah that's definitely a thing, I raged a few times doing the platforming trying to get whisper because of the wall bounce.

LoNe_eXiLe

Oct 25, 2017
Just avoid the LFG posts that are asking for very strict requirements, seek out the ones explicitly asking for chill people or newbies, and be upfront with your experience. That filters out 99% of the assholes. It's still a toss up of getting people who are really memey but my experience with the PC LFG discord has been with lots of people who are willing to teach to people who are willing to learn.

Or better yet join the Era discord! There are tons of people who want to run the raid and will gladly take along newbies.

The first part of your statement is exactly why LFG is so toxic. Everyone wants a super specific requirement which makes the entire process hell on Earth. I'm sure there are some that are good stories, but majority of mine have turned me off of ever raiding again.

The DestinyERA discord isn't any better. Or wasn't during the one LFG I didn't there. I got booted from a raid when we were still on the old site BECAUSE I HAD TO STOP AND TAKE CARE OF MY CRYING CHILD FOR A MOMENT.

The Destiny community is the reason I'm primarily a solo player now and have one complete a total of 2 raids in D2.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017

I fully agree. I like that when playing FF14 I sometimes do the savage raids with a guild and sometimes just do the normal raid without missing on anything. I did a few raids in Destiny when my friends were still playing, but ever since I've only seen them through streams. As I don't like pvp more than a few rounds, I don't have much to do in Destiny whenever I go back to it.

Story raids would makes so much sense... there's just no reason no to do it.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I fully agree. I like that when playing FF14 I sometimes do the savage raids with a guild and sometimes just do the normal raid without missing on anything. I did a few raids in Destiny when my friends were still playing, but ever since I've only seen them through streams. As I don't like pvp more than a few rounds, I don't have much to do in Destiny whenever I go back to it.

Story raids would makes so much sense... there's just no reason no to do it.
Besides time and effort and then people complaining they didn't get loot.

Rente

Oct 31, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I've played all the raids in D1 but only done the first raid of D2 because I couldn't get my team together anymore and don't want to go LFG.

Having played D1 raids, I understand that what makes Destiny raids great is that they are designed around the fact that you will get together with your team to discuss and communicate to clear them so they can have many unique mechanics that's not possible otherwise.

After missing most of D2 raids though, I just wish they would do something for solo players not comfortable with playing with others to at least be able to experience the location and story and have some lite version of encounters or something. They seem cool and I don't want to just experience them through youtube or something like that.

Social anxiety and language barrier.

I saw many people not comfortable with matchmaking in FFXIV dungeons even though they don't require any communication and super easy to get through. But people with anxiety will always think they may fuck up somehow, not contributing enough or something along the line no matter how much they prepared. I also feel that in some degree so I get why many people are uncomfortable doing something like this.

Many people struggle to find a group in their native language that's not English. I'm somewhat comfortable with writing/reading/listening in English but actually talking with random people through a headset is a completely different story. For non-native speaker, shitty audio quality is a big deal. Not to mention some people's accent or people talking in grumble. For someone not used to speaking in English, anxiety also kicks in. Destiny raids require some degree of communication and many PUGs won't let you in if you won't talk.

I also like experiencing games blind, which is pretty much impossible for Destiny raids with anxiety and language barrier without friends.
The part about social anxiety and language barrier absolutely nails it for me unfortunately - it also extends to the process of making new friends, so mostly no raids for me.
I love to watch the day one raid races and tried that to some extent with VoG in D1 (since it was something completely new, that no FPS tried before), but since then only did like 10 raids (and no Spire of Stars, no Crown of Sorrows, no Garden of Salvation).

I would love them for implementing a "Story-Mode" with more failsaves or simplified mechanics in combination with a matchmaking tool. I would also love if they could do the opposite and implement a Hard-Mode again for the hardcore crowd and streamers.

Last edited:

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
why do people continue with this fucking stupid narrative.

ANYONE can do the raid. LFG discords are everywhere. Clans are easy to get into. ANYONE can do the raid.

The fact I have to use a third party system is a barrier in itself. I want to start the game on console and use whatever tools are available for me on console to play the game.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
The DestinyERA discord isn't any better. Or wasn't during the one LFG I didn't there. I got booted from a raid when we were still on the old site BECAUSE I HAD TO STOP AND TAKE CARE OF MY CRYING CHILD FOR A MOMENT.

Did you specify that there were some constrains when you joined the LFG? you need to be respectful on others time. If the LFG says chill, relaxed, and this happens, yeah, toxic. But be midnful of others. Nothing like joining an LFG, and having pauses due to bathroom, dogs barking babies crying, and you were not expecting that

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017

That would have been like, years ago at this point right? I started playing D2 a couple months back and have done every raid via the era discord and it's been nothing but chill and pleasant every time. I was just like "hey I wanna try a raid" and a group got together and took me through it. After that I just started jumping in other raids.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What a shame that only a small percentage of the playerbase will get to experience it

Yeah pretty much how i feel. I love the loop of destiny, but i have a lot of social anxieties, and i dont have a dedicated group of gaming friends on discord. Id love to play these raids, but i feel nervous about asking random strangers to play with a relative noob. I joined the era discord, but social anxiety will social anxiety :/

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
A thread Destiny raid is made

''buuuuut the wow raids and ffxiv are better''
''i played destiny two hours and i don't get why people love this game''
'' i never played this game but warframe is better''

e21f25f1554b55e419f6a299e6a97717.gif

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
A thread Destiny raid is made

''buuuuut the wow raids and ffxiv are better''
''i played destiny two hours and i don't get why people love this game''
'' i never played this game but warframe is better''

tenor.gif

"I want endgame content, but I don't want to commit time to it. I would rather have bungie make the raid a story, with the same loot as the social experience"
"Doing raids is hard. I don't want to use the console LFG, I don't want to use discord, i don't have friends, i don't want to commit time to doing it"

God, do you imagine a matchmade raid?

CheeseWraith

Oct 28, 2017
God, do you imagine a matchmade raid

I can imagine a mission version, to be played solo, to actually take the time to enjoy the story and take in the scenery. With dedicated loot, and not farmable.

They did something similar with the Praedith's quest in VoG. To me it was one of the best content pieces of D1.

And of course actual raids are fine as they are. This last one is incredible so far (made it blind to the end of the second encounter, still have to see what lies next).