Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
I do agree removing the first 3 decks was a bad idea though and hopefully they are just moving to a fully digital client here soon. Would LOVE to get a pack of cards in a digital client if I buy a physical pack too like Pokemon does it.
Apparently that's what they're gonna do for the Dragon Ball client, same as Pokemon. Or at least according to this guy, a few months ago I looked up what they were doing with the DB tcg "reboot" and this video popped up, I couldn't find an official source, though. If that's the case then probably they're gonna do the same with Digimon, if they ever go the digital route.

Judges being present for players to ask questions & settle corner cases on rules, is pretty common for TCG leagues. Any card game has loads of post-release errata and rulings that need more examination. In fact, digital clients sometimes get this stuff wrong.

Anyway those first three starter decks are ancient history at this point, and the more current starters seem to be asking a lot more from players, so I guess it's trying to better represent the current state of the game.
Yeah, they're definitely obsolete in comparison (I think the only effect available was "blocker" and that's it) but they were pretty good as a tutorial, these ones not so much.

By the way, I don't really get what "digivolve" means in these decks.

557ane3e.png

They specify "koromon", "agumon", "gabumon" etc. but they always list the same cost as the normal digivolution, so what's up with that?

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently that's what they're gonna do for the Dragon Ball client, same as Pokemon. Or at least according to this guy, a few months ago I looked up what they were doing with the DB tcg "reboot" and this video popped up, I couldn't find an official source, though. If that's the case then probably they're gonna do the same with Digimon, if they ever go the digital route.

Yeah, they're definitely obsolete in comparison (I think the only effect available was "blocker" and that's it) but they were pretty good as a tutorial, these ones not so much.

By the way, I don't really get what "digivolve" means in these decks.

557ane3e.png

They specify "koromon", "agumon", "gabumon" etc. but they always list the same cost as the normal digivolution, so what's up with that?
black text ignores everything else, so it can go ontop of an unsupported color if needed

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Feels really good to have Garuru back to full strength. Actually having better luck with it now than I did before.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that doesn't really look like an online sim to me. It could be some sort of tie-in; a web-novel, a short manga, etc.
Hope I'm wrong and that's just from the single player mode of the online client, but it doesn't seem that likely.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that doesn't really look like an online sim to me. It could be some sort of tie-in; a web-novel, a short manga, etc.
Hope I'm wrong and that's just from the single player mode of the online client, but it doesn't seem that likely.
So I did look at the tags that were used for the video

EDIT: NVM, Firefox web tools are dumb and were looking at my last page, not current

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Man BT-14 added so many good generic cards there has been a huge burst of variety at locals for me.

Commandramon is amazing this set though but I am upset Diaboromon ACE works better in that deck than his own lol

Aug 1, 2018
So... is it just a new web comic? I feel like there's a new product for this TCG every time I go to my LGS, so it didn't seem like a new set announcement or anything, haha

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Spring 2024 apparently.

I'll definitely give it a try but as someone that doesn't play the physical game having all the cards available right from the get go might be a bit of a turn-off. It is cool though, but I hope we'll still get an official client someday.
We are hoping it just gets Bandai to do an official one tbh. But man this has been 11/10 for me so I can practice for nationals tbh

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
So they announced they're gonna sync up the eng-jp releases by BT20, that seems something really useful if they plan to release a digital client in the near future, no?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Built a whole Deva deck for $30 then saw the deck was calling for 4x fanglongmon. $30 each lol 😔

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Spring 2024 apparently.

I'll definitely give it a try but as someone that doesn't play the physical game having all the cards available right from the get go might be a bit of a turn-off. It is cool though, but I hope we'll still get an official client someday.
Every single stand alone sim was C&D'd by Bandai so far I doubt this one avoids that.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Announced at the same time as Fusion World iirc
So March 2023 if they uploaded the trailer at the same time.

If BT20 is in Jan 2025 and they want to release it with the sim, they should announce something soon. If they want to only announce it with BT20 then we're basically 2 years away.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Back fully from Nationals now. Besides PPG and CoreTCG not knowing how to run anything and them screwing players out of the scavenger hunt items it was a blast, scrubbed out at the main even (4-4) but did take Top 4 at a 3v3 and got the special art beelzemon cards >:)

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Damn I bought like everything to make royal knights but then forgot omnimon. I don't want to spend that much per card so rip this deck lol.

Same thing with devas. Was about to buy everything for like 30 dollars then saw I needed fanglongmon for 30 per card 🤢

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
So the Dragonball TCG app came out for PC. It comes in a launcher that has room and mentions "games"

Aint no way we aren't getting an official online sim

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Necro bump:
Fan Client is now up for the public, I helped work on some of this so it's cool to see it out to everyone now :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN8Km6ONoiE

We won't be releasing sets day and date to avoid the anger of Bandai, but current plan is to have BT16 ready for a week or two after launch

Nice work, I've been eagerly waiting for it to become available because I haven't really had any way to play it otherwise and learn the new cards. The automated part really helps with all that. I've really liked it so far, the effects especially are all just right.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Nice work, I've been eagerly waiting for it to become available because I haven't really had any way to play it otherwise and learn the new cards. The automated part really helps with all that. I've really liked it so far, the effects especially are all just right.
Thanks for playing it! There is a lot of work still to do since the project was inherited from another dev, lotta performance and visual improvements on the way :)

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, we got hit with a big ol $580 update hosting fee lol

Have to disable that service for now and people need to redownload everything. Still super cool to see how excited people were for a sim, probably hit in the 25k downloads in a day area.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Ooh, this seems cool. Gonna download it and check it out. Thanks for your work on it wwm0nkey.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Just goes to show that it's what people want lol. A digital client is what I've been wanting for this game for so very long.
Yeah that's pretty much our thoughts, we are still hopeful Bandai does an official app, because if a unofficial, 0 marketing auto sim can pull 1k CCU and 25k+ downloads? Imagine what even a tiny amount of marketing for Bandai would do lol

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
wwm0nkey You wouldn't happen to have a transparent PNG of the DCGO logo from the main menu that you'd be able to share, would you? Was wanting to put together some Steam library assets.