• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
www.eurogamer.pl

Zwiastun Silent Hill 2 Remake nie zachwycił szefa Bloober Team. „Nie oddaje ducha gry”

Piotr Babieno - prezes studia Bloober Team - przyznał w wywiadzie, że rozumie krytykę, która spadła na zwiastun Silent …

Piotr Babieno - president of the Bloober Team studio - admitted in an interview that he understands the criticism that fell on the Silent Hill 2 Remake trailer presented during State of Play. In his opinion, the material prepared by the publisher "does not reflect the spirit of the game."

Let us remind you that the trailer with gameplay elements was criticized mainly for its unattractive visuals and the general feeling of stiffness and "wooden" . Judging by the statistics and comments on YouTube, the reception is rather mixed.

• I wrote these negative comments myself - jokes Babieno in an interview with the inwestyc.tv channel . - Quite seriously, we are not responsible for the marketing side. Our partner [Konami - note] is entirely responsible for this. ed]. [...] This trailer certainly does not reflect the spirit of the game .
  • This is neither the spirit of what once was nor the spirit of what we are creating now - he explains further. - We try to fully reflect this romantic vision of the game that debuted 22 years ago. We think that when players see real gameplay, a real game, they will evaluate it in a completely different way .
The president added that in addition to the loudest voices of doubt about the future of the project, the company also receives a lot of messages from satisfied fans. He also calmed down players who were worried about the level of graphics. - I think we can rest assured that we are using all the capabilities of Unreal [Engine] 5 - he added.

The aforementioned trailer:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayKICAIUHkA

I guess that confirms why Bloober was dead quiet when the trailer dropped. Not a mention or post about it until this interview.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Damn, shots fired. I hope it has a better demo in the future. I was kinda on board with it with the first trailer but this second one completely lost me. Such a weird way to try and portray this game

Tarnished

Sep 10, 2021
I think they are trying to emulate Resident Evil 2 Remake vibes in this trailer because they are super out of touch with their own series.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
0ecd79ca-713e-46f7-a997-ca3097f04a42.jpeg

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Konami don't get it. They proved it with this trailer, with Ascension, Short Message, giving it to Bloober etc.

The only hopes left are F and that other Indie Silent Hill. Otherwise they just picked up where they left off, by cranking out shit games in this series until it is fully dead again.

I also highly doubt the new movie will be any good. Will just beat you over the head with the themes and Pyramid Head everywhere.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
I mean, this is Konami we're talking about.

I am inclined to believe the Bloober people or at least give them the benefit of the doubt in this instance.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
My brother in christ you made the game

Nah, there's lots to throw Bloober under the bus for, but this ain't it.

They're not allowed to promote the game.
They're not allowed to be interviewed about the game.
All trailers and footage must be released by Konami, not Bloober.

This has been going on for months.

Sir Lucan

Dec 19, 2023
Tbh I believe them. It doesn't mean the game will end up being good, but if Konami made the trailer they definitely don't know what they are doing. They are trying to make the game look like Resident Evil since Capcom has been doing so well. But Silent Hill it's not Resident Evil.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
That definitely explains a bit why the trailer ended on the pyramid head r*pe scene like "look guys, remember the thing!" considering how Konami has generally treated Pyramid over the years.

ScOULaris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yep. When in doubt, always blame Konami. Always, without exception. I think we've learned by now.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
They're 100% in charge of all marketing. Apparently the trailer was compiled using an old build of the game. Dusk Golem said he saw a near identical trailer to the one in the State of Play in May 2023.

Konami and using old builds of Silent Hill games for stuff, name a better duo.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Bloober has clearly been done with Konami's shit for a while -- this is, like, the third or fourth time their president has been, like, "Fuck if I know, ask Konami" about the game's marketing.

waterpuppy

Too green for a tag
Jul 17, 2021
I know people hate Bloober and seem to be eager to see them fail here, but when it comes to Silent Hill and any marketing related to it it is pretty much guaranteed that Konami will ALWAYS be the ones who fumble and fuck devs over. Even if the game turns out to be janky garbage, the way Bloober is being treated by Konami here doesn't sit right with me at all.

No SH fan would claim to love Konami but a lot of them have a hard time reconciling the fact that maybe it's not just them, fans of the franchise, that get the short end of the stick all the time.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
the animations and hit reactions on the trailer were really really bad.
like something really low budget.
honestly Think this is not easy to fix.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Konami might as well add hexadrive demo reel presented to them years ago and call it extended gameplay trailer lol

Sleepwalker

Oct 29, 2017
This passive agressive ass old married couple energy between Bloober and Konami is a bit of a scream, not gonna lie.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
While I'm not super confident in Bloober's possible handling of this game, it wouldn't surprise me if Konami decided on that trailer either. They've done nothing but idiotic decisions for at least a decade now.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Will also post this here since it needs to be seen. According to Dusk Golem, the trailer they released is nearly identical to the one he saw in May of last year. So it seems that the footage they showed is from an older build.

GFWTjCCXAAA0XZq

Allegedly, a week before the State of Play, Konami had showed footage of a more recent build to its shareholders which was very well received.

So leave it to Konami to use old rough footage for their official trailer.

After all, Konami is the same company behind genius marketing like this ad they did for Silent Hill: Downpour

vjbc9d34cko81.jpg

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I think bloober were a terrible choice for this remake. The animations in the latest trailer were awful.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

idk, even a well edited trailer wouldn't have been able to save the janky looking combat, animations and QTEs.
Plus, of course:
GFNiadUW8AAQbB4.png

This trailer would have been ripped apart regardless of whether it was done through Bloober or Konami.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
idk, even a well edited trailer wouldn't have been able to save the janky looking combat, animations and QTEs.
A well edited trailer most likely wouldn't have been comprised of footage from a super old build of the game with a large focus on the selling it as an entirely different kind of game then the one that's actually being made by the devs. But i'm not in charge of this game's marketing, and neither is Bloober... 🤷‍♂️