• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

And it isn't even the first time Miles drew inspiration from a Capcom character.
HardtofindOffensiveBaboon-size_restricted.gif
Miles is clearly a Capcom fanboy, & to think he only narrowly missed out on being in UMvC3.

View: https://twitter.com/franktieri/status/145923054118256641?s=46&t=2x5-kp_N8ple_n4_xLtYZA

Sources: Miles Morales: Spider-Man #9; Mateus Manhanini‬, SMGold, & Frank Tieri (Twitter); Marvel's Contest of Champions

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
I can't cite specific examples, but I'm sure this sheathing pose has been around a lot longer than DMC5.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if that's a DMC reference, but who knows.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Uh... why does he have an electricity sword?
New power as far as I could tell. He got it when fighting a new villain in a recent issue (the story of which feels like a really bad version of the Insomniac Tinkerer used in the Miles Morales videogame). Basically in a moment of desperation he managed to turn his venom powers into a physical sword.

Art__Thief

Jun 1, 2021
New power as far as I could tell. He got it when fighting a new villain in a recent issue (the story of which feels like a really bad version of the Insomniac Tinkerer used in the Miles Morales videogame). Basically in a moment of desperation he managed to turn his venom powers into a physical sword.
I mean it's not the first time he made stuff with his venom blast. Last time he did something like this he was using it as webbing.

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017

He has electricity powers that do all sorts of stuff, probably decided to make a sword with em.
Didn't know he could manipulate electricity like this. Sounds like something that they will have to come up with a reason not to use in the future.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Yeah I'd go with Geralt. Much more iconic art. I'd give it to Vergil if Miles' finger was out.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The tweet in the OP? lol
Thats just some random guys opinion.....could easily be any sword pull.
The Artist hasnt said he was inspired by Vergil pose.
Hell how many over arm character poses exist?

Not that it matters.....whether hes a Vergil fan or not......he is still Miles Morales....so he immediately loses.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seems like a reach. Miles having some capcom nods here and there (if they even are) are probably more indicative that the artists/developers are Capcom fans than Miles himself.
Still cool though.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
since marvel pretty much hammered home Peter is gonna continue to be the biggest fucking loser on earth, I'm gonna have to put all my eggs into Miles' basket

PaladinCharge

Nov 17, 2017
The current writer of Spider-man: Miles Morales is Cody Ziglar, overall cool dude and a huge anime fan (he even has a podcast called The Dark Weeb with a buddy of his), so it's no surprise to me that Miles now has a full-on YYH spirit sword. I wonder if he's played DMC, I know he's a big gamer as well.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia

So Miles is now essentially a Spider-Lantern? Goddamn that's cool.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Miles is clearly a Capcom fanboy, & to think he only narrowly missed out on being in UMvC3.

View: https://twitter.com/franktieri/status/145923054118256641?s=46&t=2x5-kp_N8ple_n4_xLtYZA

Sources: Miles Morales: Spider-Man #9; Mateus Manhanini‬, SMGold, & Frank Tieri (Twitter); Marvel's Contest of Champions

They mean Marvel Infinite, right?

Cause Miles debuted August 2011.

Ultimate MvC came out in November 2011 (which would have been too fast of a turn around) and the game had no DLC.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
They mean Marvel Infinite, right?

Cause Miles debuted August 2011.

Ultimate MvC came out in November 2011 (which would have been too fast of a turn around) and the game had no DLC.
Frank Tieri only worked on (U)MvC3, so they likely had prior knowledge of Miles during development. Even the tweet was originally posted not long after UMvC3's release.