Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
jbareham_1492_170228_0024.0.0.jpg

God I love the Switch.

Two years ago I was standing in line right now to get mine. I thought I was making a mistake—I'd only ever bought two other systems at launch, and they'd both gone poorly for years before catching on. But the Switch turned out to be special. It justified itself off the bat, whether because of Breath of the Wild, or because of the insane quantity and quality of games it ended up getting in the months following its launch.

In 2019, now, the Switch is two years old, and it shows no sign of stopping. While it still hasn't usurped the PS4 as my favorite system of the generation, it's well en route to ending as my favorite system of all time assuming it keeps this pace up. Two years with the Switch, and the sheer convenience and lineup has endeared itself to me so much that I never want Nintendo to go back to "Normal" systems again.

So—happy birthday, Switch. Here's to many more.

Oct 26, 2017
I was iffy on it at the time because I didn't know if I would use it as a home console, but now I've been taking it with me on the go and enjoying MK8 with my sister. I just love the way it was designed and in fairness, it's ruined consoles for me now that I wish all of them were playable as hybrid devices.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My favorite console in terms of hardware, possibly ever. The ability to play console quality games on my TV and instantly take it anywhere with losing a second is revolutionary for me. I think there are missed opportunities in terms of VC and the lack of apps, but overall, Nintendo has made an incredible come back since the days of Wii U.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
No, 3DS and PS4.
They both started poorly but ended up becoming awesome later. I just felt I could have waited.
Fair enough. I was there at launch for both of those as well, and the PS4 was basically what I expected, mostly delivering better versions of cross-gen games for a good while, just like the 6th gen mostly did. 3DS was way worse though, I played a lot of SFIV because that was the only game I bought for it in the first 6 or so months, god that launch sucked

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
i already have 53 games for the thing, which is already more than any other system i have except for ps2 (53), ps3 (54), wii u (56), ds (58), 3ds (60), and wii (96).

great idea for a console and a really nice and varied lineup. being able to play doom, celeste, and breath of the wild on the thing and on the go is just fantastic.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
First time I bought over a hundred games for a console before the two year mark of a console. Love this damn thing and can't wait to see what else is in store.

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is no console that has had a better run in its first two years than the Switch, in terms of software. I don't think that will be changing after year 3, just with what we know about now. Nintendo did a great job with it.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Switch launched on March 3rd and my son was born on March 2nd of the following year. Before he was born, I used to play about half the time in each mode. Now though, I'm 99% handheld because I only ever get to play at work or on the bus. The Switch went from being very convenient to simply being a godsend.

Oct 27, 2017
Happy birthday to my favorite console. It's building up an awesome library, and this year seems to be the best yet. The Switch was actually the first console I bought at launch. No regrets.

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
I have over 50 games for it and I can say that the Switch allowed me to be a hardcore gamer again (I hate the term "gamer" but couldn't find anything better), since now I easily play over 20 to 30h a week.

I just don't have time to stay in front of a tv for hours and hours like I did when I was young, so switch allows me to play short sessions throughout the day. It really is a game changer (its quick start/sleep mode is the best feature ever implemented on a console).

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It was around this time that I was heading or already at a best buy for me order, the line was huge and it was the 1st time I've participated in thesw events, met alot of like-minded people and had a great time. When I got to the counter I was told my orser sisnt go through, because of my money in the bank wasent there but I had the physixal cash on hand, my xopy of BOTW dis process tho, so I awas on the phone line waiting to connect with anyone until every single pwrson got their switch, ir looked like all hope was lost but they had a spare one in the back, one final switch that no one claimed, I preordered the neon joycons but they were fresh out of that one, so I took the grey joycon one ans headed home at like 2 am. Once I got home however I didnt acrually go to sleep until atleast 8 hours later. I was too absorbed playing BOTW and I was on vacation. What an amazing week that was

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
It's kinda crazy to think that the console is only 2 years old, and yet it currently has one of the best first party lineups of any Nintendo system, and that's not even including the upcoming Luigi's Mansion, Metroid Prime 4, Animal Crossing, Mario Maker, Zelda 4 remake, Bayonetta 3, Astral Chain, Daemon x Machina, Yoshi's Crafted World... Most of which are coming out this year...

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Switch made it possible for me to play games again. And it has incredible games. One of the best systems ever already.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I don't have a switch. I'd like to have one but I'd also like to have many things.

One day, hopefully, most consumer electronics will have the same ability to perform the same tasks both mobile and docked, just like the switch. Forward thinking at its finest Nintendo.

Plus, the new super smash made my New Years Eve one to remember for the ages so thank you.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly didn't think I'd be able to get one on release day. I had told myself I'd be able to eventually pick one up when there was more to play than Zelda.

But, thanks to some fortunate circumstances, I was in line at Target on release day and managed to get one.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
I preordered one as soon as it was announced, then cancelled the preorder at some point because I wasn't feeling it, and then at the last second on launch night I decided to go wait in line at Best Buy. I have always loved the switch and aside from playing Apex Legends with a friend, it's where I do basically all my gaming now. I have 66 or 67 games for it and a little under 200 games wishlisted. It's becoming my favorite console.

Last edited:

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
It's definitely competing for my most favourite console of all time. Excellent first 2 years, and just great hardware to use.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Switch introduced me to FFIX...wow, how far final fantasy has fallen. This game outclasses FFXV in every single way (and XIII series as well).

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I kinda wish I got one at launch. I had one preordered and everything until money issues hit and I had to cancel. Looking to maybe get one this year if I have the funds.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It was my dream console at launch and I can't be more thrilled to see it succeed as it does. Second half of this year will be insane.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Stayed up late to MAKE SURE you got this one, huh?
But yeah the Switch is awesome, will hopefully get on with Hollow Knight so I can move on to the big daddies like Zelda and SMO
I'm also super hyped for Ultimate Alliance 3

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Switch is the only system I've ever bought at launch, and I do not regret it. BotW, Odyssey, and Smash Ultimate are generation-defining games. Plenty of other great exclusives have kept me entertained throughout, and I've also enjoyed a lot of ports, to the extent I've almost non stop used it since launch (although besides smash it won't see much use until Fire Emblem this year). And so much to be excited about with 3 of my essential portable franchises coming to a console, 1 for the first time ever. Happy Birthday!

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Got one for my birthday last year, best gift I've ever got since my special pikachu gameboy color with pokemon yellow

Evil Lucario

Feb 16, 2019
Love my Switch so fucking much. Got it Christmas 2017 and haven't looked back. This is my main gaming platform even though I have a strong PC and PS4 simply because the games releasing on it are so damn good to my tastes.

Nov 13, 2017
Splatoon 2 is the GOAT game, and there are many others on the console that are amongst my most loved. Already one of my favorite systems ever, I love it!

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I remember being wowed by the concept (despite many rumors already suggesting it) at the reveal trailer in October; having a super-awesome time playing around with the hardware and a bunch of upcoming games at a pre-release event in February; and having tons of fun playing FAST RMX, Super Bomberman R, and even 1-2 Switch on launch day.

I remember having two negative beliefs about the Switch on March 3, 2017:
  1. The gimmick would not catch on with the general consumer and sales would again be low.
  2. Breath of the Wild, based on the hours of footage they insisted on showing at E3 where Link only walks around a featureless field and occasionally slays a Bokoblin, would be empty and boring as hell.
I'm happy to have been totally wrong about both of those!

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
All the people saying they have 50-100 games for the console... Have you actually finished or even played all of those? And if so, where do you find the time? Please teach me your ways. I have like 10-15 and I haven't even finished all of those. Most of the time adulting requires my full attention so even the hybrid nature doesn't help in that case.

That said, love the system. I have a PS4 too and the two games I am currently playing are on there cause they aren't available on Switch... But i find myself wishing they were. Everything is just more convenient on the Switch, love it so much. It was the first system I bought on launch, mainly because Zelda, but in hindsight, even without Zelda the purchase would have been worth every cent.

Deleted member 59

The switch has been my most played device in a long time, probably since the ps3 in 2010. I have dropped in and out, with long periods of not buying/playing games since that year, but with Switch i have played regularly thanks to a solid list of first party titles and Indies.

2017: Amazing launch year, a seemingly constant supply of great games. Zelda, Mario Kart, Arms, Splatoon, Rabbids, Odyssey and Xenoblade. What a run of exclusives!

2018: Very slow start to the year, and not much for me from first party (other than captain toad port) until Pokémon and Smash late on in the year. Thankfully indie gems like Hollow Knight and Owlboy kept me going. I've since started Torna, and i think it may well be my goty! Great dlc.

2019: Another slow start to the year but the h2 line up looks killer. Can't wait.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Iwata's final console, he would be proud of the little machine that could.