Which one is better

Votes: 17 8.2%
  • Black

Votes: 191 91.8%

• Total voters
Oct 31, 2017
Twisted Metal 3 and 4 were always lesser games to the original, TM2 and Black. They had that big imitation vibe going for them like a lot of franchise games that are made by developers who aren't their original creators often do.

For me, this is the first time I've ever seen someone prop up TM3 honestly lol.

Nov 15, 2017
I think 4 is a tad underrated because I thought it was a pretty significant upgrade over 3 at least. It's a bit sad to see it mentioned in the same vein as 3 which is straight up trash

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Weren't 3 and 4 on the PSX generally seen as bad?

I remember playing 4 at a kiosk and they added weird physics and a lot more Rob Zomvie

Robaperas

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
My vote is for 3, I never played 1, 2 or black but I played like 100 hours of 3 and 4, and I didn't know I was playing the "lesser" games, but it really didn't matter, I enjoyed them a lot.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
3 and 4 were taken over by 989 (remember 989?) internal I believe after GT Interactive bought Singletrac the developers of the first 2 games, and Singletrac went on to make Rogue Trip which I still think is the best car combat game of that era so fight me.

NinjaLooter

Oct 1, 2023
I thought I voted for 2. Why the fuck is it 3 when 2 exists?

Black is too edgy. The game nerds the wackyness of the 1st and 2nd games.

VirtualReach

Jul 21, 2019
Which game

is

THE

BEST

8487_back_1024x.jpg
sddefault.jpg
Screen_TwistedMetal305.jpeg

vs

c4xG4l28ZWNTFtxXv6rwPRL4QZ9h7SAy.png
Twisted_Metal_Black_Sony_PlayStation_2_-_Gandorion_Games.jpg
03b_lJ31XZq.jpg

The age old question: did Twisted Metal improve with 989 Studios with Twisted Metal III? Or did they hurt the franchise to the point that the original creators had to create a new one to bring it back up to speed?

No doubt III's Rob Zombie soundtrack has its fans, but I do enjoy the darker melodies in Black. Black is a fast game running at 60fps and is much harder than the previous games, imo. It's also arguably the best Twisted Metal. But I like killing everyone in III on the UFO level by finding that secret weapon.

What say you?

Real answer- 2

but black from your choice for sure

Ikon

Oct 26, 2017
It's 100% Twisted Metal Black.

RIP TM: Harbor City :(

twistedmetal.fandom.com

Twisted Metal: Harbor City

Twisted Metal: Harbor City (also referred to as Twisted Metal: Black 2 or Twisted Metal: Black Part II) is a cancelled title in the Twisted Metal franchise and was going to be the sequel to Twisted Metal: Black. Produced and directed by Scott Campbell, the initial plans for the game, as seen in...

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Hell no it didn't improve. Just like NFL Gameday got worse after Gameday 98. I enjoyed TM3 for what it was but at that young age I first started realizing a successful corporation like Sony could fuck up something good just to cheapen out.

Ever since the 989 Sports/Studios branding started those games got worse.

With Twisted Metal (3 & 4) and Jet Moto (3), it wasn't the original developers anymore...and it showed in gameplay.

Edit- here's another example... did yall know the first two NBA Shoot Out games were made by a UK Studio?

Wiki
The first two entries, released in 1996 and 1997, were developed by Sony Computer Entertainment's British in-house development team.[1] Later entries were developed by 989 Sports

Edit 2- Other series that got worse sequels... Rally Cross, ESPN Extreme Games.

Last edited:

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Common sentiment at the time was the 989 threequels (TM3 and Cool Boarders 3) were a step down from their predecessors. I'm inclined to agree, but Coolboarders 3 was pretty good imo.