Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
So if you don't know who the Original Barry Allen was, he's the future Flash that saved his child self from Reverse Flash during their fight in Barry's home. He came from the original timeline. What he's been described as, makes him seem like the shows version of the comic book Flash.

Original Barry and Reverse Flash had a huge battle in 2024 which they then traveled back in time to 2000 so Barry could stop Eobard from killing his younger self. Only after this happened, the timeline changed and we never saw or found out what happened to the original version of Barry. He just vanished.

I think he should really be brought back for Crisis on Infinite Earths. The whole fanbase has been wondering where he's been since season 1 and I think him showing up in Crisis would be wonderful fan service and would finally put closure on his disappearance.

5124274-4110514565-tumbl.jpg

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they should of retconed this into original show flash to be honest, but since he's alternate universe...

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Flashpoint really messed with the show in season 3. I'd hope that the original timeline would be better but I'm not getting my hopes up.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Flashpoint really messed with the show in season 3. I'd hope that the original timeline would be better but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Pre-Flashpoint wasn't even the original timeline. We've straight up never seen original timeline Barry outside of the flashbacks to Nora's death.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Pre-Flashpoint wasn't even the original timeline. We've straight up never seen original timeline Barry outside of the flashbacks to Nora's death.

Pre Flashpoint was basically Reverse Flashpoint. It was Eobard Thawne's version of Flashpoint.

Now that they've introduced the negative speedforce, it makes sense why Eobard wasn't affected by the timeline changes and Original Barry was.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Would be very down for that. Always thought it was interesting we were essentially watching an alternate timeline.

They could've done that with Savitar but they instead made him a time remnant.

Which could have been cool as hell. Having literally Barry Allen turn heel. Instead of expositioning his evil plan, they should have spent that latter half of the season showing time remnant Barry break bad but they wasted a genius concept.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Would be very down for that. Always thought it was interesting we were essentially watching an alternate timeline.

Which could have been cool as hell. Having literally Barry Allen turn heel. Instead of expositioning his evil plan, they should have spent that latter half of the season showing time remnant Barry break bad but they wasted a genius concept.

Yeah they did. Which made me hate Season 3 even more. How do you take a great concept like evil Future Flash and then give us Savitar?

He should've been Original Barry gone mad. They could've explained him going mad because he lost his timeline or something like that.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
I liked how they kept returning to that fateful night and we'd learn something new or see something different play out and I assumed that would continue being a focal point for the show's conflict between Eobard and Barry. It was one of the few things where it looked like they had a plan mapped out for the show's plot for years and weren't just doing things year to year.

But then they just stopped after slapping together a conclusion to that half-assed Flashpoint storyline :(

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Original timeline Barry was ~5-10 years older, more experienced as a CSI, and apparently wasn't a doofus according to Reverse Flash. So maybe?

You two are right. I forgot about that. Man, The Flash can be confusing at times with all of the time travelling and whatnot.
Patty should come back for the crossover.
I forgot about her! What happened to her?

KarmaCow

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I tapped out of Flash after how dumb it got but even if the writing was on its peak I don't see the point in exploring this directly. The ideal of Flash/Barry in light of the "original" timeline is appealing moreso than the concrete version. Barry also has so many god damn speedster mentors (even if half of them did turn out to be evil) that this feels redundant.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
I think it should be an episode focusing on that.

Or maybe the finale.

Or, I dunno, get Ezra Miller, he'd be game for it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Maybe Original Barry has been trapped in the speedforce all this time and our Barry could help him escape in Crisis. Then we can see how everything in 2000 played out. We could also see the OG crisis with Barry vs Thawne. That fight sounded too epic to not be shown.

snackshack

Oct 30, 2017
Just to be clear, current Barry is the Barry that went back in time to save his mother at the end of S2 and then came back multiple times to differing timelines that messed with the West family, right? Eventually Barry sticks with whatever timeline he's in because Garrick asks him to stop fucking with the timeline, right? In this new timeline Barry and Iris being together wasn't as weird or am I nuts? Lemme check wiki.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Just to be clear, current Barry is the Barry that went back in time to save his mother at the end of S2 and then came back multiple times to differing timelines that messed with the West family, right? Eventually Barry sticks with whatever timeline he's in because Garrick asks him to stop fucking with the timeline, right? In this new timeline Barry and Iris being together wasn't as weird or am I nuts? Lemme check wiki.

Correct.