• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chick3n

Nov 6, 2018
I'm enjoying the dumb, but smart dialogue options. I was speaking to an NPC that wanted to be a scientist but had given up and the option was "[dumb][science]If I can be a scientist anyone can!"

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Gosh, I love this draw distance so freaking much. 🥰

Xbox One X 1080p Super Sampling PNG.

gqBgEpp.png

lptLltr.png

hrsOP3x.png

hDKnbZl.png

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Okay, so I did the NZ trick but switched back to the US to do something on the US store. I clicked on TOW to see what would happen and it said "to use this game, use the profile used to purchase this game". I'm assuming that it's just saying that because it's not out in the US yet, but I don't know

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
Every now and then I try to launch the game only to receive the 'its not available yet' message, even tho I know it won't work

I'm thirsty

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so I did the NZ trick but switched back to the US to do something on the US store. I clicked on TOW to see what would happen and it said "to use this game, use the profile used to purchase this game". I'm assuming that it's just saying that because it's not out in the US yet, but I don't know

Yeah it'll only work right now while you're in New Zealand, It'll be fine tomorrow. Same thing happened to me with Gears 5 when I swapped back to the UK to do something.

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Man this game is really ugly.

played 1hour on my One X on a oled tv/

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Played about an hour so far and something about the visuals just feels...off. Like I can't distinguish between enemies/landscape/items and have to squint to see the difference.

Also this is another game where I have to put on my reading glasses anytime text is on the screen, even in menus. I'm sitting about 8 feet away from a 65" OLED and everything looks like this.

Deleted member 11822

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is there but it won't download currently for some reason. I tried another game which will.

It just dies out for me.

So I did a bunch of testing this morning [Microsoft apparently didn't feel the need (even for a beta this is silly)] here is what I have discovered thus far:

- Pre-Install to a location other than C: will error out [In my case I was attempting to install to D:.
- Pre-Install to C: working without error.
- Install an available game from store [In this case Ape out] to D: working without error.

Possible workaround:
- Download game to C:
- Once Download is complete use Windows to move it over to a new location:
2016-11-02-1.png

At the moment it looks like its good to go. If things get wonky I'll try downloading directly to D: tonight after it unlocks.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
it is the firefly/serenity game I always wanted.

the only negative thing is how small the text is.

like anything is just a tick too small.

otherwise i love the graphics on my xbox one x.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Played about an hour so far and something about the visuals just feels...off. Like I can't distinguish between enemies/landscape/items and have to squint to see the difference.

Also this is another game where I have to put on my reading glasses anytime text is on the screen, even in menus. I'm sitting about 8 feet away from a 65" OLED and everything looks like this.
I was scared about the text size ugh

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Do any reviews/coverage go into how viable melee-only (or just melee-focused) builds are? All of the combat I've seen in vids seem really focused on ranged combat, such that I'm struggling to imagine how it would work otherwise.

Deleted member 11822

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This says that the recommend difficulty settings should be in "HARD"
Anyone knows if this is recommended?

From everything I have read / watched it sounds like Hard will be the best difficulty. Normal seems to start out difficult, but later in the game combat encounters become trivial.
I'll be starting on the Hard difficulty personally.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Do any reviews/coverage go into how viable melee-only (or just melee-focused) builds are? All of the combat I've seen in vids seem really focused on ranged combat, such that I'm struggling to imagine how it would work otherwise.

Several pre-release gameplay showings are melee focused and devs have talked about how they made melee viable in different ways. For e.g. apparently when you swing melee weapon you basically swing in huge cone no matter what and always deal at least 1 point of damage to enemies.

TL:DR: Melee should be viable, devs have made design decisions supporting melee combat as path

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Brad Shoemaker at Giant Bomb basically says as much during the game's Quick Look, yeah. And Jeff Gerstmann, the other person on the vid, talks about how it got too easy at a certain point.

Brad does note that combat can get super intense on Hard, especially early on, such that he had to save before every fight in the first hour or two. That's the hard experience.
Several pre-release gameplay showings are melee focused and devs have talked about how they made melee viable in different ways. For e.g. apparently when you swing melee weapon you basically swing in huge cone no matter what and always deal at least 1 point of damage to enemies.

TL:DR: Melee should be viable, devs have made design decisions supporting melee combat as path
Ah, thanks. That's good to know.

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I concur with this. Hard is hard but not impossible. I'm thinking through encounters quite a bit before diving in. If you do all the quests and keep upgrading your gear you can stay powerful, but three marauders can still easily kill you.

Its easy to get swamped.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I am dipping my toe in on my X just to get a feel for things until the PC release tonight. I am about an hour in and the game looks and plays great so far, good stuff...

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not far in but I'm enjoying. Combat is a bit rough imo, feels a lot like NV (with 4's VATS) which is like nearly ten years old at this point. I don't see myself liking it much. Everything else is great though, feels awesome to have a game like this again.

image0.jpg

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Any performance impressions on Xbox One X? I'm torn on if I want to play this on my PC or XBX. PC has a 1070 and a 6700k for the CPU.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017

the only thing I've heard is the melee is unsatisfying and simple so I would personally stick to guns.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Man, I play new games almost weekly but I can't really wrap around my head how this game is capable of having all the textures, always sharp and in the best quality possible with zero aliasing no matter if 3 feet in front of you or 300.
I'm so f'n used to different draw distances, popping textures, weak background but here, everything is sharp and everything stays sharp, always, no matter where you look at.
That feels really impressive and kinda unique.
Fantastic work from the devs here for this kind of magic.

XGjW8BZ.png

tuBckxk.png

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Man, I play new games almost weekly but I can't really wrap around my head how this game is capable of having all the textures, always sharp and in the best quality possible with zero aliasing no matter if 3 feet in front of you or 300.
I'm so f'n used to different draw distances, popping textures, weak background but here, everything is sharp and everything stays sharp, always, no matter where you look at.

XGjW8BZ.png

tuBckxk.png
My body isn't ready. Man this is going to be soooo good. I hated Fallout 4 for many reasons - this looks to fix a lot of my distaste for it.

I'm nervous because i may sink 100's of hours into this game.

Last edited:

sponger

Dec 7, 2018
I'm 3 hours in - I'm in love with the game! <3

I will say it - I've not been in love with any game since Mass Effect 2. What a joy!

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
Did I make a mistake starting off with all my points in science weapons and hacking instead of small/long weapons and lockpicking? I seem to be struggled with normal weapons and have found lots of things that could be lockpicked but not anything to hack.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
I've been messing around with the online character builder, trying out different builds. I think I want to be a dead-shot Engineer-Sciencey guy.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow already got my first companion lol. Really enjoying the game so far, it feels so familiar but so different at the same time which is great.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017

XGjW8BZ.png

tuBckxk.png

This game deserved HDR, what a damned shame.

There's something about the graphics that is really bothering me aside from that, and I can't put my finger on it.