Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
MRORANGE I just beat Hard West. Final set of missions in the lsat campaign were ok, not as good as their predecessors IMO, but it's core concept is welcome.
I think I'm one step close to being ready for XCOM :P
paG70Lv.png

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Regarding the surprisingly good Ubi discounts, I don't think there's anything to read into. Uplay's own Lunar Sale kicked off a few days ago and Ubi just matched those discounts (The Division at 90% off, R6 Siege at 75% off, etc.).
It feels like we used to get the "Ubi's leaving Steam" every 6 months, but with Division 2 not being on Steam (at launch) I expect we get this every weeks now.

Fun times ahead.

crimsonheadGCN

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clifton, NJ
I really love Steam refunds and the fact that you can refund something because you bought it prior to a sale. It has allowed me to put the extra money toward other games several times already.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt Ubi fully leaves Steam for good. They'll probably just treat steam users as 2nd class citizens with late releases.

As soon as their PC sales/earnings take a hit in any way they'll be back asap anyways. They make way too many singleplayer games. In today's market they'll need all the help/exposure they can get.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I doubt Ubi fully leaves Steam for good. They'll probably just treat steam users as 2nd class citizens with late releases.

I don't know. This decision probably depends on how well The Division 2 will sell on EGS. I hope pc gamers are aware that NOW is the time to vote with their wallets if they want Ubisofts games to stay on Steam in the future.

Ollolol

Nov 1, 2017
With the new Steam splits and the fact that we need to launch Uplay anyway to play their games, Ubisoft leaving Steam now wouldn't make any sense at all. They would have done the same EA did years ago, not now.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Yeah, Ubi does exceptionally well on Steam, unless they want to cannibalize on their revenue they won't make moves that will hurt them. The Division 2 is most likely a gambit to maximize Uplay sales, because no sane person is going to buy it on EGS.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
abusing the tokens with refunds falls literally in "thats why we cant have nice things" territory. RIP any such promotion anytime soon I guess.

as long as you all realise that and dont cry about it in the future is all im saying :p

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
abusing the tokens with refunds falls literally in "thats why we cant have nice things" territory. RIP any such promotion anytime soon I guess.

as long as you all realise that and dont cry about it in the future is all im saying :p
I'm pretty sure what they're saying is to refund a preorder you already did before the sale and buy it again to get the Tokens (and keep it preordered).
And not buy something and refund it to effectively get Tokens without spending money.

Oct 25, 2017
If the payoff/guarantee from Epic was big enough, I totally understand why Ubi did what they did. But yeah, you can be sure they'll be taking a close look at how big the uptick in sales on Uplay is, and if the exclusivity is for a year, how big the subsequent sales on steam will be. Getting that big sale period when the game just comes out just on their own store and sales on steam later could be seen as a viable strategy to the various publishers.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
I'm pretty sure what they're saying is to refund a preorder you already did before the sale and buy it again to get the Tokens (and keep it preordered).
And not buy something and refund it to effectively get Tokens without spending money.
I could understand doing it for the 5€ discount when you spend 30€ but for the tokens? lol

sanhora

Oct 25, 2017
What's the point of the 5e discount when most games are 5e+ cheaper on key sites anyways
There are certain indies and even publishers like Spike Chunsoft who don't like key sites for whatever reason. Steam's your only option if you want Danganronpa V3 or Steins;Gate. That's why I hope this 5€ off or something similar becomes the norm during sales.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I could understand doing it for the 5€ discount when you spend 30€ but for the tokens? lol
Bonus Savings Mode
Add an additional RM10.00 discount to your next store purchase.
Redeem 15,000 Tokens

The optimal way would be refunding, say, Sekiro, purchasing it again, to then get more than 15000 tokens, then spend those tokens on the Bonus Savings Mode to get something else you want, so you get 2 discounts on two different games you were going to buy anyways. Considering the discounts apply to pre-orders and games not on sale, it's a lot of hassle, but also not a bad idea.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

you can buy 5€ discount with 15k tokens

fair enough

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
The optimal way would be refunding, say, Sekiro, purchasing it again, to then get more than 15000 tokens, then spend those tokens on the Bonus Savings Mode to get something else you want, so you get 2 discounts on two different games you were going to buy anyways. Considering the discounts apply to pre-orders and games not on sale, it's a lot of hassle, but also not a bad idea.
you can buy 5€ discount with 15k tokens
Seems like a lot of effort for saving 5€ though.

And I'm not a friend of "abusing" refund systems.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a lot of effort for saving 5€ though.

And I'm not a friend of "abusing" refund systems.

It depends. It's not really "abusing" it as, certainly in the UK, many stores would accept a return & refund within 28 days only for the customer to immediately rebuy at the cheaper price. So, in that sense, it's basic consumer rights combined with a bit of gaming the system. But, yeah, it's hassle. Currently I can't be arsed to go through it all just for a small a discount on a game, but that may change.

Nov 4, 2017
Baltimore, MD
I really wish steam would quit giving me booster packs for games whose cards cant be bought or sold on the market place. Even turning them into gems means it will take 5 years just to buy another card pack I can use.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Same here. Hope I can play! I've been on the fence about it for a couple of weeks now. The new setting looks a bit drab.
Yeah, Division 2 beta appeared on my library too. I asked in Discord earlier and it seems like I'm in.
Awesome! I've been playing a lot of DIvision 1 recently, so I was hoping I'd get in to the beta. I wasn't planning on getting Division 2 at launch, but maybe the beta will change my mind. When does pre-load start?

Status
Not open for further replies.