Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
To the guy that said Mortal Kombat 11 was more mainstream in PC than Paradox Games:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/859580/announcements/detail/1769256475075157612

374126290070142989.png

Some cool legionnaire platypus error counter too for extra funsies
ow98zn9lck011.png

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Get even more hyped by watching Waypoint watch the intro of BattleTech:

Oh yeah, Waypoint's coverage of Battletech is stellar. Especially if you knew nothing about the franchise beforehand--between their pods, articles, and streaming, it does a good job offsetting Battletech's poor tutorials at release.

Tire Fire forever.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I have a 1070 laptop but it is awful. I think it either insta throttles from heat or has a really bad CPU because the FPS as bad. I play on my old 970 desktop now, much better. Oh well you live and you learn.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
I wish Valve would remove the Coop tag from store pages. Some game sonly have coop on their page and that doesn't tell jack shit about if it's online or local.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys I have a few questions about Freesync.

I know that Nvidia announced recently that it's starting to support it on their cards instead of just gsync.

-Is it out yet?
-I vaguely remember them saying it was only for something like 12 monitors or something... Is that true or is it more "It's working on any Freesync monitors but we have a marketing deal with those 12 brands"?
-Is it compatible with a GTX 1080?
-Any good recommendations for a 27" 1440p Freesync monitor?

Thanks!

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I stopped playing Valve multiplayer games after they stopped giving a fuck to southeast asia servers. I even have to fork out my own money to support TF2 local private server back in the days. No more.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Beta drivers AFAIK.
-I vaguely remember them saying it was only for something like 12 monitors or something... Is that true or is it more "It's working on any Freesync monitors but we have a marketing deal with those 12 brands"?
Driver has a whitelist of monitors that are supposed to work out of the box, for others you will need to flip another switch in driver settings. The whitelist is supposedly based on nVidia testing their performance against a checklist. The checklist has way more ridiculous requirements than Freesync spec, but there are a few monitors which are supposedly looking really bad if you enable Freesync manually, but these also look comparatively bad with Radeons. So, yeah.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
It's really hit and miss on Origin. Star Wars Battlefront 1 only let you play a small level as Darth Vader just repetitively killing the same couple enemies until it finished the whole download. Which is kinda pointless. Good to hear Apex has it set up in a more useful way.
yeah my coworker told me he was playing it at like 45% and there were some missing/low-res textures but it was fully playable

the battlefront thing is definitely not as appealing haha

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Hey guys I have a few questions about Freesync.

I know that Nvidia announced recently that it's starting to support it on their cards instead of just gsync.

-Is it out yet?
-Is it compatible with a GTX 1080?
-Any good recommendations for a 27" 1440p Freesync monitor?

Thanks!
It is out, it "officially" works on 12 monitors, but now that it's out in the open, more people have tested it and found it working on way more monitors, and yes, it does work on a GTX 1080. It only works on the 10 and 20 series cards.

I WOULD recommend my monitor, which is a 27" MSI Optix MAG27CQ, which is 1440p, 144hz, and FreeSync, but I have a GTX 980, so I haven't been able to test FreeSync on it yet.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
What's the word around here on RiME ?
I gave it about two hours, and then decided to quit. It's just fairly boring, and neither the gameplay, nor the asthetics were really all that interesting. Nothing in this feels new, it's got the climbing from Tomb Raider, a few simplistic perspective puzzles, a few timing puzzles and so forth, and the last thing was a bit of a Shelter style level where you had to hide from a giant hawk thingy.
And the game never really picked up for me.
If I didn't have so much other stuff I want to play, I might just play through the five or whatever hours left on this, but honestly, I doubt my opinion of it would change much.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
What's the word around here on RiME ?
I gave it about two hours, and then decided to quit. It's just fairly boring, and neither the gameplay, nor the asthetics were really all that interesting. Nothing in this feels new, it's got the climbing from Tomb Raider, a few simplistic perspective puzzles, a few timing puzzles and so forth, and the last thing was a bit of a Shelter style level where you had to hide from a giant hawk thingy.
And the game never really picked up for me.
If I didn't have so much other stuff I want to play, I might just play through the five or whatever hours left on this, but honestly, I doubt my opinion of it would change much.

Yeah, that about sums up my feelings on it too. Tried playing it a few weeks ago but fell off after about 3 hours (finished up the hawk area, saw that there are at least 2-3 more areas in the tower, and called it). My Steam "review" is below. A little harsh in retrospect, but I got really frustrated with it despite it being the first game I wanted to knock off my backlog.

I tried very hard to like this game, but it felt as if it fought back against me every step of the way. On its surface, this game is extremely charming, the environments are stunning, and the soundtrack is truly exquisite. But the game itself -- the interaction between player and system is fundamentally unsatisfying -- from the way the character controls down to the puzzles or challenges the game presents to you.

Your character's movement and animations feel so slow and labored that getting from one point to another in the game genuinely just got bothersome. Even the camera moves at a painfully sluggish pace -- when you're in control, that is. Because Rime loves to fix the camera to a certain point, and then it becomes a guessing game of which direction your character will move in in response to your inputs. While I started out wanting to explore the fantastic-looking world of Rime, by my second or third hour I just wanted to mainline it. By my fourth hour I just wanted to quit.

There is barely anything to the puzzles you're asked to solve. Zero thinking required. You see something, it clicks immediately, because you've either done this in another game already or it's just that dead obvious, and then you just execute. Next. Where is the payoff, I wonder?

I think that that's the biggest problem with Rime. It fails to stimulate the player at any possible level -- not emotionally, not intellectually, and not kinesthetically (through controlling the character). Even the world loses its shine when you dread simply getting around.

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
Rogue is DX11 game so you can't force SGSSAA

I manged to get DSR to work. I had the game running in borderless window instead of fullscreen. 60 FPS no worries on my 1080 at 5120x2160.

Also finished Freedom Cry earlier today. Eh, it was all right. It could have been a lot better. The story was super disjointed and hardly made any sense though.

I like Adewale though, and seeing him as an old man is cool is Rogue. Also, younger Achilles. I'm not really feeling Shay just yet. I did like the "this is my story" throughback to Desmond in the opening.

XzoPxMl.jpg
MRBW1wM.jpg

Rogue is gonna make me kill Ade, isn't it?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
From the makers of Furi.

DAY ONE PURCHASE.

even though I never beat the last boss of Furi. :(. Please don't be as hard as Furi...

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
From the makers of Furi.

DAY ONE PURCHASE.

even though I never beat the last boss of Furi. :(. Please don't be as hard as Furi...

They have implemented a difficulty mode in Furi that makes you invincible so you can just play through the story (if you are interested in seeing the end).

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying Shadow of the Tomb Raider a lot more than Rise so far. Less Rambo, more ... Tomb Raider. But I'm only about four-ish hours into the game.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I'm enjoying Shadow of the Tomb Raider a lot more than Rise so far. Less Rambo, more ... Tomb Raider. But I'm only about four-ish hours into the game.
That's how I felt as well. I need to replay it because my computer was being weird and I didn't get the best performance, so it took me out of the game a bit. But that's fixed now and it runs a lot better.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

The Rambo aspect is one of the things the TR reboot actually executes vaguely well. Sadly, it's everything around it that's awful, though the tombs in Shadow are at least an attempt at puzzle platforming.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Dear PC Gaming ERA,

My current laptop decided to start shedding parts and generally went FUBAR. I have a new mid-tier (i5, GTX1050?) gaming laptop coming in, courtesy of Gaming Laptop ERA's research on NewEgg deals. Would it be possible to receive recommendations on PC exclusive or games that benefit heavily from being on PC? So far I've got Obra Dinn, Xcom 2: WoTC and Fallout New Vegas on my list.

Love,
Plutone
Exclusively on PC and among the best games released last year (consoles included).

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Dear PC Gaming ERA,

My current laptop decided to start shedding parts and generally went FUBAR. I have a new mid-tier (i5, GTX1050?) gaming laptop coming in, courtesy of Gaming Laptop ERA's research on NewEgg deals. Would it be possible to receive recommendations on PC exclusive or games that benefit heavily from being on PC? So far I've got Obra Dinn, Xcom 2: WoTC and Fallout New Vegas on my list.

Love,
Plutone
Looks like you are already getting the best game of 2018 (Obra Dinn), so I think you are good.

Last edited:

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Frostpunk is running at 100% at 2 CPU cores (AMD 2700x, 1080, 16GB 3200mhz DDR4). Getting 19FPS at the end of the first campaign. Anyone has an idea how to fix this?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
AAAHAHA @ timestamped clip below. Hilarious. I can't wait to play this game, it even has bullet time! Looks awesome. (yes I'm late to the party)

They have implemented a difficulty mode in Furi that makes you invincible so you can just play through the story (if you are interested in seeing the end).

Honestly I find that very weird! Seems antithetical to the point of the game. I haven't played it since it was free on PSN. I think it's the hardest game I've ever played now that I think about it. To this day I have no idea how I beat some of those bosses, especially the third one with the old naked dude.

Oct 25, 2017
oh my god Lego DC Super-Villains has Justice League Dark dlc featuring John Constantine

Can't wait for that DLC mission that tasks you with building a brick wall around a friend of yours and waiting impatiently for them to die.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
TF2 is still around :). Still the best multiplayer game.

My biggest fear is that TF3 will be an Overwatch-influenced esport.
It plays well and has fantastic (Valve-designed) maps. But the community aspect ruined it imo.
Gosh, I remember being in E-Mail contact with Robin Walker all the time when that game was as it's peak, so good. What is he up to today?

Status
Not open for further replies.