• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
The manga author himself is in charge of the scripting for this season.

Might be speaking too soon on this depending on how well it turns out, but - are they finally starting to realize the number of audience that anime adaptations receive has gotten more & more significant worldwide or something?

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019
The manga author himself is in charge of the scripting for this season.

Might be speaking too soon on this depending on how well it turns out, but - are they finally starting to realize the number of audience that anime adaptations have has gotten more & more significant worldwide or something?

Anime's model switched from "Run the anime until it stops being profitable" to something more similar to an American model years ago. Which pretty much ended the era where some of the best plotlines and characters only showed up in the manga.

Compere the anime adaptation that Fairy Tail had to the anime adaptations of say Ranma 1/2 or Rurouni Kenshin which left significant portions of the anime unadapted because the anime eventually ran out of gas and they only continued a few additional stories in OVAs.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Well, I knew there would be anime original scenario, but I was at least hoping to not skip/rearrange arcs.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hoping this means that everything's been pushed back and what we were all expecting mostly takes place next season?
I'm hoping that

Yuugo is in the forest and finds them after hearing the explosion, which can lead to Emma learning of Goldy Pond and heading there at the end of the season. I just don't see them doing another raid, and am disappointed that they wasted it already.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, region locking sucks. No news yet when it will come out on Netflix. Anyone know where I can watch this in the Philippines without using a VPN?

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually kind of excited that they're apparently taking the story in a completely different direction. Even if it ends up not being great we still have the manga anyway.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Pacing was weird in that episode.

Not sure how I feel about this season so far. The previous two episodes were great but yeah. Feels really disjointed at the moment.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 4
I'm tempted to made comments from the perspective of a manga reader, but I'll try to avoid that here.

It was nice seeing the kids just mess around in the first half of the episode. In the second half, I thought there was some good tension, but the soldiers really weren't prepared for the kids to fight back. Plus, I assume they were trying to capture them alive. The demon attack came off as convenient, but there was that big explosion and all the yelling.

I said before that they were smart to keep the CGI demon in darkness, but it was unfortunately much easier to see this episode.

It'll be interesting to see how Isabella is used in the rest of this season.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I don't think there's an active manga thread for this, but just heard about the changes/skips and now i'm interested in watching and seeing what happens

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oh, so there's a thread for the anime. Good. The search function didn't work.

I'm... cautiously optimistic after this episode but I can't say a part of me isn't super disappointed too. I expected any deviations in the anime to expand on the manga's shortcomings, not this.

Diablos54

Oct 26, 2017
I'm willing to give this the benefit of the doubt but uh, I'm not liking where this is going...

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I'm guessing the newest episodes deviated even more?

edit: OHHHH I saw it. That's a uh, choice

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone spoil me on the manga changes in the latest episode.

I ended up dropping the manga quite late on and heard it ended quite poorly.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Can someone spoil me on the manga changes in the latest episode.

I ended up dropping the manga quite late on and heard it ended quite poorly.
Goldy Pond was skipped over entirely as was every character introduced there, now we're doing something totally original and Norman is back. It's weird because Goldy Pond was received well and it's not till after that when the series really dived off.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Why even bother making a second season if they're just gonna speedrun the plot while skipping EVERYTHING that people actually wanted to see

It's just baffling to think that someone thought this was a good idea

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
why are we assuming that they're rushing towards the end of the manga and not just taking an entirely different route?

Diablos54

Oct 26, 2017
why are we assuming that they're rushing towards the end of the manga and not just taking an entirely different route?
Would make sense, there's already a couple things that happen in the manga which have kinda already happened for a start
like the bunker attack and the demon village supply runs

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Goldy Pond was skipped over entirely as was every character introduced there, now we're doing something totally original and Norman is back. It's weird because Goldy Pond was received well and it's not till after that when the series really dived off.

bruh, I was waiting for s2 to finish so I could binge my favorite arc from the manga and then I had to read this post

what in the actual fuck? who did this

edit: wait so what happens to Lewis?

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

They don't exist, yet?

132786.gif

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
This is actually getting me interesting in watching S2, pretty much didn't care about anything after the 1st arc in the manga.

Eternal Flame

Oct 26, 2017
Your Dreams
Dang this was my anime of the year in 2019. People saying this strays from the manga is making me less excited to watch. I watched the first 3 episodes and they were ok.

You'd think since the manga is finished they can just b-line to the end with only canon material, but guess the author wanted to add extra or something? But is it really extra if some things are cut?

Dunno How I feel about any of this. Might continue watching anyway though.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is actually getting me interesting in watching S2, pretty much didn't care about anything after the 1st arc in the manga.

That's what I was saying... till this episode came out, along with the news that next week is a recap episode (for a 12 episode season wtf)

The way this is going, both anime only folk and manga readers that didn't care for the manga are going to be disappointed...

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That's what I was saying... till this episode came out, along with the news that next week is a recap episode (for a 12 episode season wtf)

The way this is going, both anime only folk and manga readers that didn't care for the manga are going to be disappointed...
Recap episode, but doesn't count towards the episode count. However, there's been very little to recap.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017

I'll be fine, wasn't planning on watching it anyway so if the anime new stuff is bad that's ok, I've already moved on.

Feel more bad for the anime onlies if they get screwed but hey maybe some of them will like the manga and have a better experience with it if the anime throughly shits the bed.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Recap episode, but doesn't count towards the episode count. However, there's been very little to recap.

Oh ok. Little better then, but yea, still feels like a red flag.

I'll be fine, wasn't planning on watching it anyway so if the anime new stuff is bad that's ok, I've already moved on.

Feel more bad for the anime onlies if they get screwed but hey maybe some of them will like the manga and have a better experience with it if the anime throughly shits the bed.

This is shaping up to be some real monkey's paw shit, that's for sure

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, if they're skipping the only remaining interesting parts of the story...

They must certainly fix the latter parts... Right? right??

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Goldy pond arc was fucking ace. Sad to hear they've completely skipped it.

I felt that arc and the bunker attack that followed kept the series quality consistent with the phenomenal first arc.

It dropped off a cliff after, though.

I'll check out the new season when it wraps up.

Edit - Spoilered

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
ill wait till the end, isnt it possible this ends up being good but peoples attachment to the manga colors them on the changes? (havent started s2 yet)

Nov 29, 2018
So judging by the reactions here, can I assume
That most or all of this episode is totally original to the anime, and that the surprise guest at the end is still in fact dead or at least MIA in the manga?