• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Mg5L2GD.jpg

Synopsis
As much as the children love her, she is not their mother.
They live together, but are not related.
Grace Field House is where children without parents are sent.
An irreplaceable home for the 38 children that all live happily every day, even if they were strangers at first.
Until suddenly, their lives are changed forever…

Info
Episodes: 12
Date and time: Every Thursday at 6:25pm UTC / 5:25pm CET / 4:25pm GMT / 12:35pm EST / 09: 25am PST

Streaming
US:
Crunchyroll, FunimationNow, Hulu, HiDive
UK: Crunchyroll
Australia: AnimeLab
France/Belgium: Wakanime

Trailer

Staff
Original Story: Kaiu Shirai & Posuka Demizu
Director: Mamoru Kanbe
Series Structure: Toshiya Ono
Character Design / Chief Animation Director: Kazuaki Shimada
Prop Design: Hiroki Itai
Art Setting: Shigemi Ikeda (ATELIER MUSA), Shuichi Okubo (ATELIER MUSA), Kayoko Tomono (ATELIER MUSA), Miho Norisue (ATELIER MUSA)
Art Directors: Shigemi Ikeda (ATELIER MUSA), Yukiko Maruyama (ATELIER MUSA)
Color Design: Kazuko Nakashima
Director of Photography: Tomoyuki Shiokawa (T2 Studio)
CG Director: Yō Fukuda
Editor: Rie Matsubara (Seyama Henshushitsu)
Music: Takahiro Obata
Sound Director: Katsunori Shimizu
Production: CloverWorks

Opening Song: Touch off by UVERworld

Ending Song: Zettai Zetsume by Cö shu Nie

Cast
qchcD7Q.jpg

Links
Manga thread
Official Website

Rules
- Spoiler tag all manga discussion
- Spoiler tag episode discussion until the simulcast episode starts.
- Do not post illegimate sites.

Just a note episode 1 premiered today(Wednesday) but the following week it will air on Thursdays.
Hope you enjoy the series!!
9m20JE6.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Awesone OP! Will watch the episode later when home. Cant wait.

tadale

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
I just read vol. 1 in anticipation of the anime and loved it. I can't wait to watch the first episode - based on the trailer, it seems like it's scene-for-scene with the comic.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I read the starting arc and was blown away. Then I held off on reading more because the starting arc in itself is so amazing and long that I figured that the either the entire season or the majority would be reserved for it. But to make sure I didn't read ahead I stopped.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cool OT (and avatar too)

Has there been a change in Noitanima scheduling? Cause when those shows came out on Prime Video, they'd come out on Thursdays so I'm surprised to see this is available already. (Or was Amazon just uploading stuff late)

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been a change in Noitanima scheduling? Cause when those shows came out on Prime Video, they'd come out on Thursdays so I'm surprised to see this is available already. (Or was Amazon just uploading stuff late)
I think episode 1 is an early premiere but it will be on Thursdays going forward.

OP
OP
PhantomKnight

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
A great first episode, better than I expected. Really love how they adapted the final moments of this episode and the character animations were good and expressive. Love the OP and ED as well.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That was an incredible first episode, they fucking nailed the atmosphere, as well as the faces. Any concerns I had seem to have been for nothing.

Also gotta love that quick transition right before the ED lol

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Anna as top billing in the OT is killing me.
Just to explain the joke so people don't think it's a spoiler, she's an extremely minor character that for no apparent reason keeps getting high rankings on popularity polls.

So glad this is getting good impressions. It really would have sucked if the adaptation was bad.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I didn't know it was only 12 episodes. I guess that means they're only adapting the first arc for now. I need to finish the manga. I have about 20 chapters left.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
OH CRAP! It's here! Cool! Hope this ends up being amazing.

EDIT after watching:
THE FUCKING ANIMATION DUDE! Holy crap! The final scene of the episode was masterfull. The reactions of the characters oh my god.

This is going to be great.

Last edited:

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for reminding me that I gotta still catch up with the manga. Great series overall, and the anime looks like it's in great hands.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
Emma and Norman both sound amazing but i really can't stop hearing Killua :P

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Off to a great start and looking at the anime-only reactions on Reddit and the like it seems lots of people managed to avoid the spoilers. If the quality remains this high and it faithfully adapts this arc it'll be top on many peoples anime-of-the-season/year lists for sure.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That was a damn fine first episode, great animation, beautiful Opening, VA performances were stellar in japanese. Hope it explodes because this manga is one hell of a ride.

Prepare for the 4D chess.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
I've been following this series since before it started serialization in Jump. Seeing the anime makes me feel like a proud parent, in a certain way.

Anyway, that was a perfect first episode. I'm also really enjoying the OP.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
The opening is a banger. This and Mob are definitely my anime of the season.

Last edited:

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
It's too bad Funimation didn't get the license for the show. I would have liked to have seen people's reactions to the end of the first episode, if they aired it on Toonami.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
The reveal was done perfectly, so was the ending. Really nice adaptation overall

To many anime of the season this season for me: TPN, MP100, Dororo. I'm also guessing I'll like Kaguya. Crazy really.
Oh shit, yeah. Dororo was also amazing.

This season, and this year will be full of quality content.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't watched an anime straight from Japan in years. Think I'll stream this because it looks cool.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never read the manga, but I always heard good things and people were really hyping this up. Watched the first ep and I can see why. Definitely going to be watching more of this.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bois and girls it's finally here. The anime of the season. OP is amazing. That show will blow up! The manga is just a masterpiece of art and the story is just soo good.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Been reading the manga since its inception. I knew what the end would bring and still wasn't prepared -- the voices and SE (
THE DEMONS OH MY GOD
) are bone-chilling.

Nooooot sure how I feel about the CGI, though? The part with Emma and Norman walking the hallway was rather shaky.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Been with this series since Chapter 1 and this has been a long time coming. Can't wait to sit down and watch this.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting for this, and didn't realize it was here already! Will watch tonight.

Dec 28, 2018
Oh neat to see that there's an anime thread for this. Already posted most of my thoughts in the main thread but I'll guess I'll add that the ost and voice acting was pretty great this episode. And the only really big concern I have at this point is the pacing.

Malajax

Oct 27, 2017
The last scene was magic. Looking forward to watching week go week. The manga is amazing!

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Great first episode. The
demons
were appropriately creepy. Really happy with the way they animated and voiced them.

Between Mob Psycho, Dororo, and this, this season is awesome already.

Then next season we're getting Kimetsu no Yaiba, what should be the best season to date of Attack on Titan, and OPM (hopefully the new studio doesn't fuck it up). Exciting times.

Oct 25, 2017
The anime's looking pretty good and it's pretty faithful so far.

I'm definitely looking forward to people's reactions.