Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
The Quiet Man launches November 1 in Japan
The Quiet Man will launch for PlayStation 4 via the PlayStation Store and PC via Steam on November 1, 2018 in Japan for 1,800 yen / $14.99, publisher Square Enix announced.

UPDATE, same WW release date:

Oddball live action hybrid The Quiet Man release date
Ready to sell in volume.
Oddball live action video game hybrid The Quiet Man has a release date, and it's sooner than we expected.

The game will launch for PlayStation 4 and Steam in Japan on 1st November - we're checking with publisher Square Enix now if this means it'll arrive here the same day in Europe. [UPDATE: It does, and it'll cost £11.99.]
More at the links.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did not expect it to come this soon, why is it budget priced? Is it episodic or just a super short experience?

When's it coming to the west?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty cool trailer. Not sure the game will be good though, but $15 isn't too bad.

Oct 27, 2017
This can really go both ways. The gameplay looked kinda janky but i liked its visuel style. It will depend on the story how good or not this game will turn out. I hope it'll be good goes i love the concept of mixing 3d and real footage

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
I'm expecting this to be a very short experience so the price is right for me. Looks pretty good.

Oct 28, 2017
The game does look kinda jank, and there was this article (link) where they were let (by accident) finish the game at PAX, and it took them 1hr 15mins, it definitely seems like I game I would want to wait for reviews for first.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to change the music and pretend this takes place after a Taking Back Sunday concert in 2005.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
It looks... different... but for 15$ is fine.

I was expecting a 60$ game lol

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Very quirky and weird. So it stands out to me. Will keep an eye out especially for the budget price point.

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
Even if the game sucks they really take a big risk making a game that has this amount of live action FMV these days with this budget. I can understand that the "FMV game" genre had a revival with things like Her Story, but that was 100% pure Indie stuff.

DeSolos

Nov 14, 2017
This game simultaneously reminds me of both games and commercials for the Kinect/PS Move.

VallenValiant

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game does look kinda jank, and there was this article (link) where they were let (by accident) finish the game at PAX, and it took them 1hr 15mins, it definitely seems like I game I would want to wait for reviews for first.
That just reminded me of the Yoko Taro interview where he mentions how mandated minimum game length is restrictive. That people expect a certain quantity of gameplay no matter how good the quality is. That was his argument for why he has the player doing Game+ multiple times. That he really wish shorter games can be accepted.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there was a lot of buzz on a recent bombcast about this, but i couldn't tell if it was an ironic love or what. the trailer was pretty good

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I kind of like the way it looks, but not the protagonist's design. His hairstyle and sense of fashion seem so off to me.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Should've showed that trailer at e3.

what's with the date fake out? I'm guessing it was announced as a 2019 game

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like the concept, and the graphics are actually impressive, but the animations really need more work. This is especially obvious in gameplay. I can't remember the last game I saw such a disparity in graphics and animation actually.

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a Bouncer-like battle system combined with some Heavy Rain-style investigation gameplay, though hopefully better than both - more Yakuza Zero than BeatDown: Fists Of Vengeance, one would hope. For $15/£12, though, I can fucks with a game that looks this good, no matter how short or shallow it is. I was an arcade rat in the 90's and I still am, so I don't mind short games, especially beat-'em-ups.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. This is kind of a strange one. The original reveal didn't sit right with me for some reason, but this one is a bit better. Still, could be a stinker or pretty decent; can't really tell which at this point.

I don't expect this game to make a lot of noise

Lol. I'm actually disappointed the OP didn't make a pun in the title.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
So is this actually a game or is this a movie that lets you play certain scenes?

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Quiet Bomb

It's $15 so why not? I'm not really sure how's the gameplay though, they didn't show any video for that.

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
The Quiet Bomb

It's $15 so why not? I'm not really sure how's the gameplay though, they didn't show any video for that.
Isn't it obvious from the 3D beat-'em-up sequences that it's a 3D beat-'em-up? Seemed clear enough to me.

Plus, what's with all the negativity here? Comparisons to Knack, of all games, which never once looked good, even in trailers? Give the game a chance at least.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
there was a lot of buzz on a recent bombcast about this, but i couldn't tell if it was an ironic love or what.
The way Jeff talked about it was most definitely not positive in any way.

Plus, what's with all the negativity here? Comparisons to Knack, of all games, which never once looked good, even in trailers? Give the game a chance at least.
And you think this looks good? I don't like Knack, but I'm sorry it looks better than what they have shown.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it obvious from the 3D beat-'em-up sequences that it's a 3D beat-'em-up? Seemed clear enough to me.

I mean there's no proper media for at least a few minutes of general gameplay, outside of snippets here and there. I'm day 1 since it's just $15 but it honestly looks bad, could be bad that it's good though.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
at least they're smart enough to put a price that people will buy it just to stream and laugh

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, I didn't know that it was going to be a budget game when it was announced, I wonder if the sales will be decent for it.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Hearing what Giant Bomb said about the game, it sounds like The Room of video games. Can't wait to watch some streams of this mess.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People should listen to Klepek's impressions on the demo. This has potential to be The Room levels of inanity.

Lol Tagyhag