• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
If I had to rank a top five though...
Winter Soldier
Infinity War
Thor Ragnarok
Guardians of the Galaxy
Civil War
Lol, that's funny. My current top 5 (it's ever-changing) is:

1. Guardians of the Galaxy
2. Thor: Ragnarok
3. Avengers: Infinity War
4. The Winter Soldier
5. Civil War

PIMPBYBLUD

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for Thursday!!

1. CA: Winter Soldier
2. Infinity War
3. Black Panther
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Civil War

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Yea, I didn't realize it until recently but Cap and Thor are AWFUL in Whedon's movies.

Agreed. Markus and McFeely have a much better feel for Cap than Whedon. Thor in the first Avengers film is total bore. In the first Thor, he's an arrogant meathead, but at least he's interesting. We see this aspect of the character again in Ragnarok.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I am about to finish my chronological viewing of the movies. I am up to Ant Man and the Wasp which I will watch before Infinity War.

Winter Soldier
Infinity War
Thor Ragnarok
Guardians of the Galaxy
Civil War
Here are mine...
  1. Guardians Vol. 2
  2. Guardians Vol. 1
  3. Black Panther
  4. Winter Soldier
  5. Thor: Ragnarök

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm

1 Ragnarok
2 Civil War
3 Winter Soldier
4 First Avengers
5 Last Avengers.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
After my rewatch here's my top 5 I think

1) Guardians 2
2) Winter Soldier
3) Civil War
4) Infinity War
5) Iron Man 3

Oct 27, 2017
Almost done with my rewatch, just need Ant-Man and the Wasp left. It's crazy how much better the Phase Three films have been. Perlmutter really was holding Marvel back huh.

My current top five:
Homecoming
Ragnarok
Black Panther
Infinity War
Civil War

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I have watched all of them so much so I think I will just re-watch Infinity War before Endgame. Then again how do you not watch Thor Rag too lol it's so damn good.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ragnarok and Black Panther tonight.

Tryna figure out if I'm gonna continue in order, or if I'm gonna swap Infinity War to the end so it's the last one I watch Wednesday night.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I feel like I'm going to be sitting in the theater waiting for this to start and all I'm going to be doing is talking to the guy next to me about Game of Thrones lmao

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
Rewatched most of the movies recently made me realise one thing. I hate captain America,but I really like Steve Rogers. For long time I couldn't put my finger on it why I love winter soldier despite not really liking the first avenger and not really liking him in avengers. Hard to put in words for me

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so fucking excited.

I'm basically just listening to a ton of MCU review/rewatch podcasts at work at this point. Fuck.

Savinowned

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville, TN
Around 10 or so of my friends and I have been watching the MCU movies once a week in order ever since early December of last year, and yesterday we had a big marvel/easter potluck together to watch Infinity War and go through all our crazy Endgame theories. It's been so fun!

After hours of deliberation over the past 5 months, here is our final group ranking heading into Endgame:

1 Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2 Avengers: Infinity War
3 Black Panther
4 Captain America: Civil War
5 Spider-Man: Homecoming
6 Thor: Ragnarok
7 The Avengers
8 Captain Marvel
9 Ant-Man and the Wasp
10 Iron Man
11 Avengers: Age of Ultron
12 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
13 Guardians of the Galaxy
14 Captain America: The First Avenger
15 Iron Man 2
16 Ant-Man
17 Iron Man 3
18 Doctor Strange
19 Thor
20 Thor: The Dark World
21 The Incredible Hulk

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I hate most MCU films, but Infinity War was fucking awesome. It's the only MCU film I've seen twice. Booked my ticket to Endgame on Thursday.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I don't know about ranking them all individually but grouping them into tiers it would be something like this
  • Infinity War, Ragnarok, Winter Soldier, GOTG
  • Iron Man, Avengers, First Avenger, Ant-Man
  • Civil War, Black Panther, Homecoming
  • Thor, Captain Marvel, Dr Strange, GOTG2
  • Age of Ultron, Iron Man 2, Dark World, Incredible Hulk
  • Iron Man 3, Ant-Man and the Wasp

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah me too. It's not guilty though, since I think it's definitively better than many put it. I specially love the scene where Tony checks his father's video. Made a thread about it https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-scene-that-got-me-the-most-in-iron-man-2.50869/
Oh yeah, I misused that term. I definitely think Iron-Man 2 is a good movie, fun and enjoyable. I love all of the Shield stuff world-building, Black Widow, The two villains; I like Whiplash's motivation, and how much fun Sam Rockwell has with his character as well. Scenery and location are good too, and the whole Stark Expo and Tony hammering it up. Loved the tag team of Iron Man and War Machine. Third act battle was great. And the character arc Tony goes through. Love the opening at court and the Nascar race. Only thing I'm a bit down on is Tony coming up with a whole new element to fix himself.

I also love Thor 1. And Cap 1.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Rewatched most of the movies recently made me realise one thing. I hate captain America,but I really like Steve Rogers. For long time I couldn't put my finger on it why I love winter soldier despite not really liking the first avenger and not really liking him in avengers. Hard to put in words for me
The answer is obvious. You like Russos take on Steve Roger which is more complex and nuanced than boy scout Captain America. I am in the same boat as you. I also liked Steve Rogers in Civil War and the few glimpses in IW but I am super hyped for Cap in Endgame.

And no surprise, all 3 Russos bros MCU movies are within my top 5 (maybe Civil War misses out but its still pretty close) and quite a few people in here. That only feeds into my hype for Endgame.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Top 5 films....

1. Winter Soldier
2. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
3. Avengers

That's been steady for a while. Next two can change depending on how I'm feeling.

Right now I would probably go with

4. Captain America
5. Thor

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
MCU Rewatch Day 19: Ant-Man And The Wasp

Decided I'm going to save Infinity War for Wednesday.

I liked this movie a little more on a rewatch, but I still don't think it's great. I haven't seen it since it opened in theaters, and I remember being kind of bored by it, and also just wanting the movie to end so I could see the inevitable Infinity War link after-credits scene.

Like the first film, the character's are a lot of fun. The characters from Ant-Man 1 anyways. I just didn't care for the villain in this one, or Lawrence Fishburne. The story just fell flat in this once. There were some nice actions scenes, and the comedy worked, but I still found myself pretty bored overall.

Side Note: For a 50/50 chance, Scott got REALLY screwed by the snap. All the Pyms, and his wife and daughter.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guardians Vol. 2 down

such a great movie. a couple of the bits are legit funnier on repeat viewing because of the way they build or are seeded earlier in the movie (the point and laugh bit building to mantis touching drax sharing his humor and the sovereign cracking up when tazer face calls, respectively). love the Sovereign. great character work. some mehs in there, the goopy stuff filling the streets looks so trash, the pac man is over the top, the throwing the ball is like a sledgehammer to the nose, but other than that it is just such a strong movie. every character gets time, every character grows, every character gets some time to just decompress by themselves or in a pair, and the ending is perfect. just great stuff all around.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ragnarok and Black Panther tonight were a blast.

Will forever believe the latter was shafted for Best Picture. Idc.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
I don't have the time to rewatch every film but what ones would you guys recommend (just a few), just to refresh my memory before seeing Endgame?
I'd say Captain America: The Winter Soldier & Captain America: Civil War, Black Panther, Thor Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Infinity War — in that order. Maybe Doctor Strange if you have some extra time. Captain Marvel might be important as well but you'd have to go to the theater for that one.

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else seeing Endgame alone? It's my first movie seeing alone since Avengers 2012, it's somewhat a fitting ending to the franchise for me but on the other hand I kinda hoped to see it with somebody else.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Top five for me:

1. Winter Soldier
2.Infinity War
3. Civil War
4. Ragnarok
5. Avengers

Give me that Russo goodness. Will make me sad when they are gone.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have the time to rewatch every film but what ones would you guys recommend (just a few), just to refresh my memory before seeing Endgame?
Based on what the Russos have said, Civil War, Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War are the ones that people should be looking out for, especially Civil War and Infinity War. You can expect that they will be carrying over the themes from their own movies into this one.

If you can watch more than 2-3, then I would strongly suggest watching Avengers 1 and Avengers Age of Ultron plus one of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies (first one because it has the introduction of the characters plus Power stone).

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
I am about to finish my chronological viewing of the movies. I am up to Ant Man and the Wasp which I will watch before Infinity War.

Winter Soldier
Infinity War
Thor Ragnarok
Guardians of the Galaxy
Civil War

It'd be

1. Winter Soldier
2. Iron Man
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Doctor Strange
5. Avengers 2012

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else seeing Endgame alone? It's my first movie seeing alone since Avengers 2012, it's somewhat a fitting ending to the franchise for me but on the other hand I kinda hoped to see it with somebody else.
There's a decent chance I'll be seeing it alone after work if I can't find anyone to go with me ahead of time or on short notice.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My brother and I just did Avengers, Winter Soldier, Ultron, Civil War, Ragnarok, Infinity war and that seems like it covered all the bases well enough for people heading into endgame.

Sutton Dagger

Oct 27, 2017
Watched Antman 2 the other day for the first time and I found it really enjoyable.

Watched Infinity War yesterday so now I'm all set for Endgame tomorrow night. I'm so bloody excited.

I'd never spoil the movie for anyone but will there be an impressions thread?

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Seeing it at midnight with someone but I'll go again on the Thursday or Friday on my own.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Top five :

1. Infinity War
2. Guardians of the Galaxy 1 (and 2 tbh they're both as good)
3. Black Panther
4. Thor: Ragnarok
5. Spider-Man Homecoming

I honestly don't like the MCU pre-phase 3 when it was all gritty, serious and pitch dark. Thankfully they discovered that colours exist with Civil War.

Captain America 1 was fine though. Ant-man too.

jxmmy

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'd say Captain America: The Winter Soldier & Captain America: Civil War, Black Panther, Thor Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Infinity War — in that order. Maybe Doctor Strange if you have some extra time. Captain Marvel might be important as well but you'd have to go to the theater for that one.
Based on what the Russos have said, Civil War, Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War are the ones that people should be looking out for, especially Civil War and Infinity War. You can expect that they will be carrying over the themes from their own movies into this one.

If you can watch more than 2-3, then I would strongly suggest watching Avengers 1 and Avengers Age of Ultron plus one of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies (first one because it has the introduction of the characters plus Power stone).
Iron man, the first avenger, avengers, winter soldier, guardians, ultron, civil war, ragnarok, infinity war.

Thanks guys. I'll try to watch most of these before I see Endgame on the weekend. I just got back from seeing Captain Marvel, the very last showing at my local cinema lol.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018
Around 10 or so of my friends and I have been watching the MCU movies once a week in order ever since early December of last year, and yesterday we had a big marvel/easter potluck together to watch Infinity War and go through all our crazy Endgame theories. It's been so fun!

After hours of deliberation over the past 5 months, here is our final group ranking heading into Endgame:

1 Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2 Avengers: Infinity War
3 Black Panther
4 Captain America: Civil War
5 Spider-Man: Homecoming
6 Thor: Ragnarok
7 The Avengers
8 Captain Marvel
9 Ant-Man and the Wasp
10 Iron Man
11 Avengers: Age of Ultron
12 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
13 Guardians of the Galaxy
14 Captain America: The First Avenger
15 Iron Man 2
16 Ant-Man
17 Iron Man 3
18 Doctor Strange
19 Thor
20 Thor: The Dark World
21 The Incredible Hulk

This is fairly close to my rankings. Swap BP and iron Man and put Ragnarok on top. Probably bump Iron Man 2 up a bit too

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not doing the whole list, but top 5:
1. Thor Ragnarok
2. Avengers: Infinity War
3. Captain America: Winter Soldier
4. Avengers
5. Guardians of the Galaxy

Ragnarok and Infinity War are pretty much tied for the number 1 spot, but Ragnarok very slightly edges out IW because it's so much funnier. (Not to say IW isn't funny, but Ragnarok is amazingly funny to me.)

Also I didn't care for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and I thought Iron Man 2 was actually pretty OK. Don't @ me.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
iron man 3 is the best iron man movie

edit - and 2, while not necessarily better than 1, i find infinitely more rewatchable than the original

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Top 5:
  1. Civil War
  2. Infinity War
  3. Thor: Ragnarok
  4. Black Panther
  5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
I honestly don't like the MCU pre-phase 3 when it was all gritty, serious and pitch dark. Thankfully they discovered that colours exist with Civil War.
Do you mean literal colours? Because Civil War really isn't a colourful movie.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Because it has by far some of the best character work of the series and is overall just a really good movie that also introduces Spider-Man and Black Panther. All the characters are handled better together than in any previous Avengers movie, easily. It's Iron Man's best movie since IM1. This was the movie that sold me on the MCU.