--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/5GN4ErNC4iw

Dive into the gameplay of The Rogue Prince of Persia !

From breathtaking wall runs to daring flips, outmaneuver enemies and free the people from the Huns' grasp. Master a lot of weapons and explore a big variety of biomes. Prove your worth in procedurally generated levels that make each run unique!

Coming to Steam Early Access May 27, 2024!

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand why you'd release this so close to the other game, especially when the other game looks better visually.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Day one! Dead Cells remains my favorite roguelite ever, nothing comes even close to playing as cleanly as it does imo. I do admit that the art direction in this does nothing for me though, it's a gargantuan step down from Dead Cells.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
I really don't understand why you'd release this so close to the other game, especially when the other game looks better visually.

Do you mean the other PoP game?
I see this as a win because the other PoP is not on Steam (yet), so ... I'll be able to play this instead.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Animation and combats seem very smooth. Not very fan of the art style though. Will wait for 1.0 to give it a try as it's the Dead Cell team, but I'm in no hurry.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
I would like to try this. Dead cell esq with really clean and legible visuals? Could be really fantastic tbh

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
$19.99 along with a launch discount. Not bad.

store.steampowered.com

The Rogue Prince of Persia - New release date, price announcement, new gameplay trailer with theme song! - Steam News

Hello everyone, So if you didn't see our post on Friday, we're briefly delaying the launch of The Rogue Prince of Persia. You can read that post with the full explanation here. TLDR: Hades 2 stealth drop is taking up all the air in the indie gaming/roguelite/Early Access space! You can imagine...

The other game isn't even on steam at that.
Ha. I had to try to figure out what game they were talking about.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Prefer this 2D art style over Lost Crown and it looks more visually appealing than Dead Cells. But I don't mess with roguelikes so might have to give it a miss if it's too hard or is too time-consuming for me.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I have way too many games on my plate right now, but I'll check this one out eventually for sure. Looks really fun.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Prefer this 2D art style over Lost Crown and it looks more visually appealing than Dead Cells. But I don't mess with roguelikes so might have to give it a miss if it's too hard or is too time-consuming for me.

Dead Cells has a custom mode where you can add checkpoints and customize your run, hopefully PoP will have it too.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

I mean, it's not being released. It won't get an actual release (including on consoles) until 2025 at the earliest. This is a PC-only Early Access version that won't offer the full experience until much later, so it's more like a chunky demo that'll get expanded upon until the game is finished. It's also a very different game (roguelite Dead Cells-ish game vs a classic Metroidvania, completely different genres with different gameplay) and imo this one looks visually better/more interesting, but maybe that's because I'm a graphic designer so I love unique art styles, and Moebius' art looks amazing to me so I love it when games use a style similar to that.

Apr 9, 2018
Ha I remember that sound effect at the end of the trailer, it's etched into my soul from the various playthroughs over the years. Nice touch 🙌

Rephil

Nov 16, 2017
Love this game's visual style. Don't know yet if I'll grab it during EA, but Lost Crown has made me excited for more Prince of Persia!

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so confused by the posts in this thread. Is everybody talking about The Lost Crown? That game came out 4 months ago. How is a 4 month window considered "too close"?

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I kind of fucking love that trailer. And is it implying at the end that this will have time rewind powers, a la The Sands of Time?

bezuzu

May 3, 2023
I absolutely love Dead Cells, it's one of my all time favourites so I have high hopes for this. Can't wait for it to hit PS.