• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
jf8Y2nC.png

The Seven Deadly Sins were once an active group of knights in the region of Britannia, who disbanded after they supposedly plotted to overthrow the Liones Kingdom. Their supposed defeat came at the hands of the Holy Knights, but rumors continued to persist that they were still alive. Ten years later, the Holy Knights staged a coup d'état and captured the king, becoming the new, tyrannical rulers of the kingdom. The third princess, Elizabeth, then starts out on a journey to find the Seven Deadly Sins and enlist their help in taking back the kingdom.

The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross follows the story of the manga/anime series, while adding new events and side stories to flesh out the world of Britannia.

The game is truly global, with dozens of countries, including most of Europe, the Americas, and even China.​

fBDJkSR.png

Grand Cross's gameplay combines a turn based RPG with card-based attacks. Your party is made up of three main members, and three sub members. The main members of your party each have two unique battle cards and an ultimate card. These cards enact a plethora of attacks and effects. For example, one character may have a basic damage attack, an attack that provides poison, and an ultimate that does AoE damage. Another character may have an attack that freezes, a heal, and an ultimate that freezes all enemies. Creating a team that complements each member is important.

hTmPACD.png

At the beginning of every turn, you are dealt cards at random (outside of the first turn of a battle, where every character gets one of each of their non-ultimate cards + one random card). The layout of the cards is important, because they can fuse together with a duplicate of the same card to form stronger cards. You have three "actions" per turn. You can fuse a card with another or you can play a card. Each of these waste an action.

KTt35Gn.gif

In addition, playing a card removes it from your hand and forces the remaining cards to shift together, so you can fuse cards together and play a card at the same time. For every action your character takes, that character gains a pip on their Ultimate gauge. When they reach 5/5, the next card dealt to your deck will be an Ultimate Card. This is usually a very powerful, screenfilling attack or ability. There are also Ultimate Combination Attacks, where your submember joins in as long as they're equipped to the main character. Note that while there are cards, this is not a TCG or CCG. Each character gets two cards and an ultimate. They are locked to the character.

There is gear with random substats, which is very popular in this genre. However, substats can be rerolled, and lower tier gear can be rerolled very cheaply. It is recommended to use this gear until you reach the cap of their power and want to partake in the higher tiers of gear. There is also ungeared and geared PVP. Ungeared is the main focus of the PVP side of the game, as this is where the "good" rewards are, and geared PVP is for flexers wanting to flex.

There is a ton to do, with a fully explorable tavern with cooking recipes for boosts, a lot of customization, and character interaction. Throw in content like co-op raids, bosses, guilds, training grounds, crossover content and on and on...the game has a LOT to do. This is a main game. Those looking for a gacha side game can enjoy themselves, but just go in knowing that there is a TON of content, and it is constantly being added.

IH0vL6p.png

Normal Gacha rates are 3%/37%/60%

• Rated up characters only have 2 times appearance (or at least this first rate up banner), right now that means .32% out of the 3% SSR, and 3.22% out of the 37% SR.
  • A Summon costs 3 gems, 30 for 10+1, and 1 gem for a Single Roll Daily
  • Dailies give 4 gems
  • Weekly login reward is an SSR ticket

Rolling a duplicate gives you a coin of their rarity, can be used to level up that character's special skill , or can be used as currency in a shop.

• 8 R Coins can buy "Human" Gacha tickets or some SR Characters for 20 R Coins (or their coins if you have them or afterwards). "Human" Gacha ticket rates are 1%/19%/80%. The "race" might change down the line?
  • 5 SR Coins can buy SR/SSR Tickets (Rates of 12% SSR /88% SR) or some SSR Characters for 20 SR Coins. Can also buy Male Gacha tickets for 4 SR Coins or Female Gacha tickets for 8 SR Coins, their rates are 6% SSR / 94% SR.
  • 3 SSR Coins can buy SSR Tickets for whatever reason, or some SSR Characters for 5 SSR Coins. Some of those characters can only be gotten there already.

Pity Failsafe:

• If you do a 10+1 on the Normal Gacha or rate up Gacha (Separate pity gauges, I guess the Normal one might never go away when new summons appear? can't confirm) and do not get an SSR the gauge will increase by 20%. When it is at 100% your next 10+1 has a guaranteed SSR.
  • If your 10+1 does have an SSR the gauge won't increase, but it also won't decrease.

Costumes:

• There are some stats from having costumes, every individual character can register up to 5 Outfits and 5 Weapons (If they have any) and 5 Headwear to use for their stats and 1 for their appearance. From what I know you can:
    • Get Outfits from Evolving characters.
    • Get Outfits from the store using Gems.
    • Get Weapons from a Wandering Shop that periodically opens for 8 hours for In-game gold or Gems.
    • Get Weapons from the PvP Currency shop though I think you need to be ranked high enough to purchase them?
    • Get Weapons from the store using Gems.
    • Get Headwear from Evolving characters.
    • Get Headwear from the store using Gems.
  • As of now I can see the Outfits I have gotten for evolving offering 126 Defense 2% and 2% for some other defensive stats, compared to one in the store giving 180 / 2% / 4%. Those ones cost 30 Gems.
Thanks to u/Klubbah on Reddit.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any reroll advice ? Thanks for the OT !

From what I remember about playing the jp version, you want green Meliodas or red Merlin. Merlin can freeze enemies, you see, stopping them from acting entirely and I don't remember it not working on anything. You want to grab red Gowther from the medal shop as soon as possible as well, I think.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Spend less time rerolling and more time playing to get Red Gother and Blue King ASAP who are F2P characters outclass the starting pool so easily.....

Anyway can't wait.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna follow this game as a potential side game to MHR

Seems very interesting. Maybe i should watch the anime...

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Is it really necessary? When I look back on other gachas where I rerolled, it didn't make any difference on the long run. Can you even reroll on ios without redownloading everything?

Yeah, it's very easy. Not really necessary, but since it's so easy and quick, people are saying to do it. Most people say just go for Green Meliodas in the tutorial pull (guarantee SSR from a pool of 5, so 20% chance) and start playing.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Is it really necessary? When I look back on other gachas where I rerolled, it didn't make any difference on the long run. Can you even reroll on ios without redownloading everything?

No, you get enough SSR anyways from playing the game and getting one more from rerolling is not worth the effort in my opinion.

Just get Green Meliodas from the Tutorial roll and you are fine.

Oh and join the awesome Gacha ERA Discord guys! Link is in the OT :blobsalute:

Last edited:

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, the short run is very important and the single player story gets pretty hard, I can't recall if being able to access guilds had significant roadblocks, but even when considering you get an SSR a week, needing 5 dupe coins each for a unit when you want all the shop units seems wise.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, the short run is very important and the single player story gets pretty hard, I can't recall if being able to access guilds had significant roadblocks, but even when considering you get an SSR a week, needing 5 dupe coins each for a unit when you want all the shop units seems wise.

Green Meliodas from the tutorial reroll and Blue king after clearing Story chapter 3 should be enough.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any word on those datamine rumours about Netmarble fucking up the global banners?

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on those datamine rumours about Netmarble fucking up the global banners?
Not really fucking things up, but they're mixing it up. Escanor banner isn't in, and Merlin is in his place. Could just be swapping things around.

They're also adding bundles that aren't in the JP version, but the core systems don't seem to be changed. Letting people spend money if they want to.

Jun 23, 2019
As someone who loves SDS and had to quit KoF because the drop rates were so trash, is this a viable alternative? I miss the gacha life.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The beginner pool is pretty mediocre, but there are a few standouts. It's also VERY easy, you just clear data in the game itself and run the tutorial again. No need to re-download anything or mess with Google/Apple settings.
From what I remember about playing the jp version, you want green Meliodas or red Merlin. Merlin can freeze enemies, you see, stopping them from acting entirely and I don't remember it not working on anything. You want to grab red Gowther from the medal shop as soon as possible as well, I think.
Thank you very much !

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
They're kinda doing some changes, but they're in line with that JP is doing in their recent banners, have a normal unit and a coin shop unit (in JP the first batch of coin shop units weren't summonable, so this is advantage/disadvantage with JP). First banner should be Red Merlin along with Coin Shop Ban. It's not clear if the coin shop units will be available from launch or will have to wait until their banner gets rotated out, though at launch in JP coin units were available on a strict rotation only, so that might be what they're trying to imitate here.

Oct 27, 2017
DFOO has been the only gatcha I've been playing. FFBE, quit. FE Heroes, quit. Mobius, ending and quit almost a year ago. I went from whaling (which I'll never do again) to F2P. Is this a gatcha worth spending time on?

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
DFOO has been the only gatcha I've been playing. FFBE, quit. FE Heroes, quit. Mobius, ending and quit almost a year ago. I went from whaling (which I'll never do again) to F2P. Is this a gatcha worth spending time on?
it's hard to say without knowing why you quit. However, is has been considered by many to be the "best gacha game ever made". It has a ton of content, is updated constantly, they give a lot of rolls (although rates are mediocre), the developers are amazing and really do seem to care how their game is viewed, and overall has a very deep and fun combat system and meta game.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Ahh bummer, I just noticed it said 3/3 in the OP. Downloaded it though and will check it out (in 8 hours, 32 minutes and 52 seconds) -- I enjoy the anime series so why not.

Oct 27, 2017
it's hard to say without knowing why you quit. However, is has been considered by many to be the "best gacha game ever made". It has a ton of content, is updated constantly, they give a lot of rolls (although rates are mediocre), the developers are amazing and really do seem to care how their game is viewed, and overall has a very deep and fun combat system and meta game.

FFBE got to be too much with shitty rates, having to have multiple copies to make a 7* unit, etc. FE Heroes was fun, I liked it but I had to choose between it and FFBE & DFOO at the time. TBT I should have quit FFBE before quitting FE Heroes. DFOO to me is in a great place. I've completed all chaos content but need something else to play on my phone when DFOO content is completed / dry.

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
FFBE got to be too much with shitty rates, having to have multiple copies to make a 7* unit, etc. FE Heroes was fun, I liked it but I had to choose between it and FFBE & DFOO at the time. TBT I should have quit FFBE before quitting FE Heroes. DFOO to me is in a great place. I've completed all chaos content but need something else to play on my phone when DFOO content is completed / dry.
This is a main game, and is fairly high maintenance. If you don't care about keeping up with everything, then you'd probably have a good time. If you're just looking for a side game with minimal investment, I'd recommend Arknights or Girls Frontline.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the answers guys, I'll reroll a bit and get green Meliodas as it seems quick and easy to do.

Dyscord

Oct 27, 2017
According to the reroll guide there's there's an import/export progress function. Does that mean I can't play from phone to emulator without exporting/importing the code everytime?

Oct 27, 2017
This is a main game, and is fairly high maintenance. If you don't care about keeping up with everything, then you'd probably have a good time. If you're just looking for a side game with minimal investment, I'd recommend Arknights or Girls Frontline.

I'll give it a shot. I'll play this and DFOO. I'll read up on the game via the sub reddit. Thanks dude.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
According to the reroll guide there's there's an import/export progress function. Does that mean I can't play from phone to emulator without exporting/importing the code everytime?
I believe you can do what you want without logging in and out. It basically creates an ID for you as a username and you make a password, and that's your account. It's not like FGO where you need a new transfer code every time.

Unless it's iOS -> Android or the other way around, then I think you need to put in the code? The Subreddit and their Discord suck.

Edit: Okay, it's a normal account. You link it to an email and that's it. Thank God. I was worried for a second reading the uninformed Discord throwing out crazy lies.

Last edited:

Dyscord

Oct 27, 2017
I believe you can do what you want without logging in and out. It basically creates an ID for you as a username and you make a password, and that's your account. It's not like FGO where you need a new transfer code every time.

Unless it's iOS -> Android or the other way around, then I think you need to put in the code? The Subreddit and their Discord suck.

Edit: Okay, it's a normal account. You link it to an email and that's it. Thank God. I was worried for a second reading the uninformed Discord throwing out crazy lies.

Phew, crisis averted. That would be so annoying and such a shame if that was the case.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I am pretty much done with gachas because they can't hold my attention and always end in the same bullshit, but I will give this a try because it looks legit great and global launch actually means global launch (=Europe, too) this time.

WeaselKing

Oct 27, 2017
The last gacha that hooked me was Azur Lane, but this one seems to have enough legs to drag me in. Cant wait!

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Im a sucker for gachas since a lot of them build on the type of mobile games experiences i wish we saw more of. Fast paced turn based mobile battlers

That said the majority have mostly let me down at one point or another but these new 2020 additions have been decent so far

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, they expedited the new tickets and Arthur and Elaine. Surprised they added Green Elizabeth that carried my ass in JP; got her in free pull.

Oct 25, 2017
What are good units to go for? Got 2 Green SSRs in 2 10-pulls, not sure if its better to try for a different element?

89031779_131705848237642_3688500471942610944_n.jpg

Chromax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Did anyone else not get the SSR ticket after tutorial? I don't see it in my inbox nor the summoning banners after Elizabeth have them to me.