• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017
I've seen The Conjuring 2 quite a few times now and it's definitely the best in the series, with the obvious highlight being the scene in the study. Everything about it is just so well done. It's just 5 minutes of pure tension executed on a masterclass level. The way it works with light and shadow is so good.

View: https://youtu.be/LQ90iDDBksA?si=maWNm83Kgrqsoizb

A shame The Nun was such a letdown. There is so much potential in the character. Havent seen the second one though.

And as someone who loved the batshit insane Malignant, I really wish Wan would return to these kind of horror movies. It's what he does best.

yellowfury

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly the conjuring 1 and 2 and the first two insidious films are top tier for me. Great on rewatch as well. I've probably watched them all tens of times at this point.

zaxil456

Aug 4, 2020
Honestly the conjuring 1 and 2 and the first two insidious films are top tier for me. Great on rewatch as well. I've probably watched them all tens of times at this point.

I'd probably exclude Insidious 2 but otherwise big agree.

As far as jumpscare horror movies go, Conjuring 1/2 and Insidious are some of the best.

Sep 18, 2023
Great scene. I'm still pretty down on the movie. I think it and 3 (The Devil Made Me Do It) have good pieces and a lot of bad ones, and maybe most crucially neither of them has as good a performance as Lili Taylor in the first one.

It's too bad how much the Nun movies suck. I saw people say this before I watched them myself and thought it seemed insane, but the Annabelle sequels are some of the best movies in this franchise. Annabelle Creation is decent, and Annabelle Comes Home especially is maybe second place only to The Conjuring?
And as someone who loved the batshit insane Malignant, I really wish Wan would return to these kind of horror movies. It's what he does best.
God, agreed with this. I watched Malignant twice at home and thought it was fun, but seeing it in theaters with a late-night audience was a fucking blast. I wish Wan were making dozens of modestly-budgeted, batshit horror movies just like it.

yellowfury

Oct 27, 2017
I'd probably exclude Insidious 2 but otherwise big agree.

As far as jumpscare horror movies go, Conjuring 1/2 and Insidious are some of the best.

for me insidious 2 made insidious 1 a better movie because of additional details it filled out in the plot. also that he's got your baby part never stops fucking me up.

Christor

Oct 25, 2017
I remember watching that scene in theaters. Man, my gf was flipping shit in her seat cause of how scared that scene was making her. Lol.

When I think of the Conjuring movies, I think of that scene.

zaxil456

Aug 4, 2020
for me insidious 2 made insidious 1 a better movie because of additional details it filled out in the plot. also that he's got your baby part never stops fucking me up.

So I'll be honest, when I first saw Insidious 2 I actually watched it before the first movie and was (obviously) confused as fuck lol. Stupid idea but I remember me and some friends were hanging and just wanted to put on something scary at the time.

That being said, I've only seen it the once but I've seen all the other sequels and thoroughly enjoyed them. I even thought the 5th one was way better than the reviews made it seem. I'll be sure to check out the 2nd one again sometime soon, as I am curious as to what I'd think of it now.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i cant with that painting scare

horror equivalent of a shitpost

goofy

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
Great scene, the goofiness just feeds into it.

Everytime I see that aspect ratio on youtube it feels like I'm watching this
sp-Cineworld-ScreenX_2-920x578.jpg

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the spooky parts of these films and completely wish they had fictional investigators instead of known frauds, the Warrens. I don't know, maybe it wouldn't have hit as hard if people couldn't pretend it really happened.