Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
No one has done it and the movie drops in like 90 minutes so I figured do a quick and dirty OT to discuss the film.

The-Suicide-Squad-review-1200.jpg

Cast:
  • Michael Rooker ... Savant
  • Viola Davis ... Amanda Waller
  • John Ostrander ... Doctor Fitzgibbon
  • Joel Kinnaman ... Colonel Rick Flag
  • Nathan Fillion ... T.D.K.
  • Jai Courtney ... Captain Boomerang
  • Flula Borg ... Javelin
  • Mayling Ng ... Mongal
  • Pete Davidson ... Blackguard
  • Sean Gunn ... Weasel / Calendar Man
  • Margot Robbie ... Harley Quinn
  • Stephen Blackehart ... Briscoe
  • Steve Agee ... John Economos / On-Set King Shark
  • Tinashe Kajese ... Flo Crawley
  • Jennifer Holland ... Emilia Harcourt
  • Fernando Martinez ... Sliced Dome Soldado
  • Idris Elba ... Bloodsport
  • John Cena ... Peacemaker
  • Daniela Melchior ... Ratcatcher 2
  • Dee Bradley Baker ... Sebastian
  • Jaws ... Sebastian Rat
  • Crisp Ratt ... Sebastian Rat
  • David Dastmalchian ... Polka-Dot Man
  • Sylvester Stallone ... King Shark
  • Storm Reid ... Tyla
  • Jared Leland Gore ... Double Down

Release Date:
In select countries July 30, 2021
Theaters August 5th
HBO Max (In North America) August 5th at 7pm

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell did I miss that this will be on HBO Max right away...

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Seen it twice in theaters already, y'all are in for a treat!

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I love King Shark in this. I didnt know much of him beforehand but I sortof feel he was my fave in this as everytime he wasn't on screen I was wondering what he's doing. So so hope we see him again.

Also I quite liked little Sebastian the rat and hope to see him and Ratcatcher 2 again as well. I didnt know of the actress that played Ratcatcher 2 before this (Daniela) but I quite like her as she did a good job here too.

Lastly though I am really shocked by some of the deaths. I'm not sure if spoilers are allowed so just in case...

I really can't believe they killed off Boomerang in the opening! Was so glad they got Jai Courtney back again and thought we'd be able to see more from him and possibly a different angle, yet he died just like that? Now cant see him possibly appearing in anything Flash related again. :( Plus all the promo he's doing for the film, I really thought he'd survive.

Quite shocked about Rick Flagg's death too. Like they brought Joel Kinnaman back as well and killed him too only letting Harley and Waller survive this film. I guess at least Rick made it through the majority of the film unlike Boomerang.

Overall though I did really like the film. Now on the hunt for King Shark and Sebastian merchandise...

Last edited:

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing. Easily one of my favorite comic movies.

The Polka Dot Man bit is fucking GENIUS.

Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
I really can't believe they killed off Boomerang in the opening! Was so glad they got Jai Courtney back again and thought we'd be able to see more from him and possibly a different angle, yet he died just like that? Now cant see him possibly appearing in anything Flash related again. :( Plus all the promo he's doing for the film, I really thought he'd survive.

Quite shocked about Rick Flagg's death too. Like they brought Joel Kinnamon back as well and killed him too only letting Harley and Walter survive this film. I guess at least Rick made it through the majority of the film unlike Boomerang.
Well,
the Flash movie is doing Flashpoint, so I guess anything continuity or death-related at this point is moot.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Best blockbuster of 2021 so far, not that there's much competition.

Enjoyed the hell out of this. Polka Dot Man is my spirit animal.

I was quite surprised how much Bloodsport felt like the protagonist more than Harley. Idris Elba fuckin killed it. His constant exasperation with everyone killed me.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Going to try my best to watch this tonight as soon as the kiddos go to bed.

Nov 13, 2017
Best blockbuster of 2021 so far, not that there's much competition.

Enjoyed the hell out of this. Polka Dot Man is my spirit animal.

I was quite surprised how much Bloodsport felt like the protagonist more than Harley. Idris Elba fuckin killed it. His constant exasperation with everyone killed me.
Bloodspot and Ratcatcher 2 are the protagonists IMO. Peacemaker and Harley are supporting.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I saw the red band trailer, but I thought I'd ask anyway, can my 5 yo watch this? Some of the dismemberment and gore seems like a no no. I can handle the bad language

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
superhero movies just haven't been hitting for me since endgame. Ready for Gunn to kickstart the next era properly after WW 1984... didn't

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Didn't realize this would be on HBO Max at release lol. Got my ticket using Regal Unlimited anyway so nbd

Doggg

â–² Legend â–²
Nov 17, 2017
It was bound to be better than the original, but it's nice to hear that it's actually genuinely good.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Saw it last week at the cinema with a friend and loved it. Might watch it again alone this weekend to take it in more. Definitely one of the best movies in the DCEU so far, I think I'd put it roughly on par with Shazam and a bit above Birds of Prey.
I saw the red band trailer, but I thought I'd ask anyway, can my 5 yo watch this? Some of the dismemberment and gore seems like a no no. I can handle the bad language
I'ma give a firm "No" to that. Incredibly gory, extended looks at dismembered bodies, boobs, at least one dick, and some incredibly adult language.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed this. It's not the revelation in the super hero genre some were hyping it to be, but it was really fun. Probably the best final stretch of a superhero movie in a long time, specially with all the batshit stuff happening.
As a portuguese I was really proud of Daniela Melchior's performance as Ratcatcher 2, she's the light of the movie. And it's great to see her portuguese roots portrayed on screen. I hope this is the beginning of stardom for her

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got swerved HARD by the post credits scene

OBVIOUSLY it was going to be peacemaker given the HBO Max series but when they mentioned the heart still beating I was like Oh shit Flag is still alive. Gunn you bastard you got me like you clearly intrended

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I got swerved HARD by the post credits scene

OBVIOUSLY it was going to be peacemaker given the HBO Max series but when they mentioned the heart still beating I was like Oh shit Flag is still alive. Gunn you bastard you got me like you clearly intrended

I was hoping it would be
Polka Dot Man

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
A great action movie with actual emotions. Please watch this film even if you loathe cape shit.
Ratcatcher soloing the final boss was a bit underwhelming, she gives a taste of what Squirrel Girl would be like though. I think Polka Dot will come back, he is made of black holes after all.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Penguin Can we make this an open spoiler OT when the movie launches? This movie has so much going on that it would be easier to talk about it that way

Last edited:

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Question for the comic nerds: is Mongal an alien, or some kind of god?

UpwardRapier

Jan 22, 2020
I'm very happy with the praise this movie is getting as a DC fan, I'm heading to my nearby theater to go watch it with my two brothers in a few hours.

blacklotus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sucks I don't have HBO Max in Portugal and regular HBO only released the Snyder Cut from the Max line up here.

:|

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen the first but my wife hasn't. Is it required before we just jump straight into this one on Max? I can't see her liking the first at all.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen the first but my wife hasn't. Is it required before we just jump straight into this one on Max? I can't see her liking the first at all.

Isn't this more of a loose sequel/reboot? I don't think it's required at all. I barely remember anything but still plan on watching it tonight.