• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
It's a holiday, and with that comes the over-indulgence. Specifically, though, is the eternal ricocheting between salty and sweet.

Salty
Sweet
Salty
Sweet
Feeling extremely full, but craving salty
Salty
Sweet
Ok I'm in physical pain now
Salty
Sweet
Emergency teeth brushing as a last-ditch stopgap

It's seriously maddening how the brain just propels the body to offset those two flavors until bedtime. I can normally do a good job of curtailing my taste buds' efforts ... but the holidays. The damn holidays. I am powerless around all of these snacks and desserts. My body is a temple and it's been fucking wrecked by a hurricane. Merry Christmas everyone, and god have mercy on my toilet's soul tomorrow.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Just eat small portions and you'll be alright. Though I didn't eat anything different than normal since I just sat at my house all week.

OP
OP
Lobster Roll

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Just eat small portions and you'll be alright. Though I didn't eat anything different than normal since I just sat at my house all week.
The small portions are what are killing me right now haha ... it's like "oh a handful of this" or "just one cookie more won't hurt".

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Every single year I complain about the quantity of food and all the incredibly unhealthy leftovers that last up to a week. And every year it happens again. It's one of the reasons why I really don't like Christmas.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I put on 3 lbs in the last three days and I guarantee I'm gonna leave half that in the toilet the coming days

But hey, it's been a shit year so I let myself just do it for a couple days. All cravings satisfied, no worries had.