OP
OP
It’s Time To Go
Dec 2, 2017
Just trying this show out...we are a bit confused as to why they stop sometimes to explore rather than race / keep moving as fast as possible. I know it would make more of a travel show to stop and admire views and experiences, but I just don't get then why it's called a race when they don't seem too fused about moving all the time? Is there some sort of rule that they have to stop at some times of the day?
Well it's supposed to be experiencing the places they travel through, rather than flying over them or going through as fast as possible.

RedShift

Oct 27, 2017
I went to see the bat caves in Battambang a while back when I was travelling in Cambodia, it really is amazing seeing them all emerge. You could smell them coming before you could see them.

FlakyCurtain

Oct 30, 2017
Well it's supposed to be experiencing the places they travel through, rather than flying over them or going through as fast as possible.

There must be an unspoken/unwritten rule about a few things like that, there's no way the teams are playing optimally. (E.g. sleep in a park in Tokyo for a week and work as much as possible, then Taxi your way across all the following countries 😃)

But yeah, it makes for a more interesting show when it's part tourism and part race. If anything I'm feeling that the latest series feels quite rushed, maybe because there are so many different countries to get through?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
There must be an unspoken/unwritten rule about a few things like that, there's no way the teams are playing optimally. (E.g. sleep in a park in Tokyo for a week and work as much as possible, then Taxi your way across all the following countries 😃)

But yeah, it makes for a more interesting show when it's part tourism and part race. If anything I'm feeling that the latest series feels quite rushed, maybe because there are so many different countries to get through?

yeah they must have some requirements for stops. Yesterday I was thinking 'you did a days work and earned basically nothing' but then they're also spending very little. So I'd have preloaded on Japan/Korea and fast tracked the lower cost of living countries like you said

Oct 26, 2017
After seeing this thread, I gave this a random try tonight. Only seen episode 1 of series 4, but really enjoying. My god, Japan is beautiful. Always wanted to go so this is a great watch, but also bit sad. Not sure I'll ever make it there

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I missed that there was a thread for this. This has become my replacement for Amazing Race basically, and it feels like the first season of the show where everything was a bit looseygoosey.

I will say there are weird rules that they never explain though, like apparently they must do an activity at some point on a leg, that can sometimes make the team decisions a bit baffling. Same with apparently needing to work at least once per 'leg'.

There's also an Australia show called Rush that's similar but also different that could be worth watching. It bombed and died after 1 season, so there isn't much commitment.

Last edited: