petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
giphy.gif

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Serious answer in a joke thread.

All the other games are rather remasters with little changes. LA Switch is at least a visual remake. It's a little different from the other games you listed, so it might as well follow a different naming theme.

DLH

Oct 25, 2017
Serious answer in a joke thread.

All the other games are rather remasters with little changes. LA Switch is at least a visual remake. It's a little different from the other games you listed, so it might as well follow a different naming theme.

OoT 3D and MM 3D were visual remakes too. Granted, the 3DS held them back from being as drastically upgraded as LA Switch, but still, all the art was new.

OP
OP
Onilink

Onilink

Oct 30, 2017
...but why?

Though someone might have gotten it if you typed out 'I am' instead of "I'm". But not me, because I still don't get why that's the title :p
Because the new Link's Awakening take the name of the original one without subtitle, but It seems is an obscure joke, lol

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I guess it comes down to something similar as movie titles. Remember when sequels were just called 2, 3, 4, etc.? Today almost every sequel, prequel or whatever has a subtitle.
The reason is simple, not very exciting but actually makes sense: search engine optimization.

If you google for a particular movie (or in this case game) it's much easier with a distinct title. That's probably (one reason) why Nintendo does it as well.
Which is interesting with Mario kart where they went from subtitles to sequel numbers xD

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Ahahahah, better think less on a thread title next time

Or, you know, the exact opposite. :D

(tbf, farraginous is a common term here to describe an unnecessary complicated interface -i repeat, in this case, in 2019-)

"Here" being Spain, by any chance? "Farragoso" is a moderately uncommon word in Spain, while I hadn't seen "farraginous" in English before. Plus your usage as "cumbersome" is closer to the common Spanish meaning than what the English meaning seems to be (heterogeneous hodgepodge).

CloudCircus

Dec 9, 2017
You know what? I found a glitch in the original links Awakening when I was a kid that I have never read about on the internet. If you bump an octorok into a pit with a shield near the first dungeon (one screen up and one screen left I think?) and then reset the game (save and quit or press all the buttons at once?), the sparkles on the letters in the title screen will be replaced with octoroks! It was so weird. Anyone want to try to reproduce it?

OP
OP
Onilink

Onilink

Oct 30, 2017
Or, you know, the exact opposite. :D

"Here" being Spain, by any chance? "Farragoso" is a moderately uncommon word in Spain, while I hadn't seen "farraginous" in English before. Plus your usage as "cumbersome" is closer to the common Spanish meaning than what the English meaning seems to be (heterogeneous hodgepodge).
Haha, pretty close. Italy.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Haha, pretty close. Italy.

Hahah, knew it. "Farraginous" seems to be a bit of a false friend in addition to a very seldom used word in English. There's a lot of words like these between English and Romance languages (mostly because Latin words in English are usually learned words, while they're the backbone of our languages).

Self-demonstrating example: I almost wrote "cultism" (from Spanish "cultismo") instead of "learned word". :D

OP
OP
Onilink

Onilink

Oct 30, 2017
Hahah, knew it. "Farraginous" seems to be a bit of a false friend in addition to a very seldom used word in English. There's a lot of words like these between English and Romance languages (mostly because Latin words in English are usually learned words, while they're the backbone of our languages).

Self-demonstrating example: I almost wrote "cultism" (from Spanish "cultismo") instead of "learned word". :D
Well, the more you know ahahah. (Cultismo is (un)used Italy too, but never heard in a proper discussion).

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
It turns out the real Link's Awakening was the friends we made along the way.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It turns out the real Link's Awakening was all the "It turns out the real Link's Awakening was the friends we made along the way" jokes we made along the way.