• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Backbone was instantly recognized and mapped (I disagree with where it put the Z-button, but remapping was easy)

PKMNTrainer

Oct 25, 2017
This is awesome! Wasn't getting sound at first even with silent mode turned off, but a reboot fixed it for me.

mableguy

Jan 5, 2022
Delta works great! I tried GBA. Is there a way to make the emulated screen a bit smaller, so the overlay buttons don't obscure the screen? I know I can make the buttons disappear, but I want to see them.

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017

Right okay I didn't realise the EU "proper" alt store had a 1.50 euro fee. If you live in the EU you can install the store - there should be a guide on the website.

It'll be worth doing it this way because the worldwide alt store method requires a lot of messing about and renewing licences frequently.

Let me know if you figure it out - I'm so jealous that you can install these new stores.

Thanks. There's Gameboy Horror one!!

There are disgusting ones like the school copybook one with the cool S!

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using delta for years so it's so nice to not have to worry about altstore stuff. I just hope the patreon ipad one gets posted.

thatJohann

Nov 17, 2020
Now what's the easiest way to get these games on my TV if I'm using an Apple TV 4K and an iPhone 15 Pro Max?

Is it doing AirPlay from my iPhone and using a game pad paired via Bluetooth?

Update: Oh yes, it does AirPlay perfectly to my Apple TV 4K, this is great.

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't realise the App Store was tied to my Apple account (which is set within the UK) as I am in the EU atm. Ah well, I only paid like a pound so no loss/

I finally downloaded it! Thank you both :)

If you live in the EU you should be able to install the alt store too! Might be worth a try. There's other apps on there.

Now what's the easiest way to get these games on my TV if I'm using an Apple TV 4K and an iPhone 15 Pro Max?

Is it doing AirPlay from my iPhone and using a game pad paired via Bluetooth?

That doesn't sound like a great option - probably best to see if they released an AppleTV app (or someone else does).

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Finally living the dream of playing Turok 2 with touchscreen controls. On an iPad, with blown-up iPhone app.

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017

I might finally get back to my Xenogears play through thenā€¦

My steam deck is great for intense emulation but would be nice to have RPGs to play when I don't have that around.

Exact same boat! I always have my phone. If I can make progress when I'm stuck under my baby daughter or waiting around for something, I can! I sort of wish I still had a train commuteā€¦

thatJohann

Nov 17, 2020
If you live in the EU you should be able to install the alt store too! Might be worth a try. There's other apps on there.

That doesn't sound like a great option - probably best to see if they released an AppleTV app (or someone else does).

Playing on my LG C1 OLED using AirPlay with the Apple TV 4K and iPhone 15 Pro Max, works great!

temp-Image-Or-Iiob.avif

Last edited:

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, does the AltStore PAL allow you to side load apps too?!!

It's one of the new stores allowed because of EU rules, and it works like the current AltStore it lets you sideload apps but does a verification program which makes sure they're safe, etc.

The non PAL version even has cool features like automatically refreshing licences and offloading apps to get rid of the 3 app limit - however that's not needed for PAL version.

Playing on my LG C1 OLED using AirPlay with the Apple TV 4K and iPhone 15 Pro Max, works great!

I stand corrected! Is there not a lot of lag and stuff? I'll try it now.

EDIT: Oh it sends the game feed as an AirPlay video so you don't just mirror the phone. That's pretty amazing.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
OK this is a dumb question I'm sure but the only way I can think of getting ROMs on to my phone is to upload them on to iCloud drive on the website first then sync them to my phone via the Files app?
That about right or is there a simpler way?

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
OK this is a dumb question I'm sure but the only way I can think of getting ROMs on to my phone is to upload them on to iCloud drive on the website first then sync them to my phone via the Files app?
That about right or is there a simpler way?

Yeah that's a good way or hypothetically if the personally backed up copies of the games you already own were downloadable on a site of your own, you could download them to your phone.

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
If you want to move files from your PC to your local iOS Files over a local network without using a cloud storage service, I think the iOS VLC app lets you do that. Unless anyone knows of any better ways?

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
Does this run ads or something? If not: what's the catch?

No catch. Very few emulators actually cost money (because well for obvious reasons), and the dude who made this - Riley Testut, is one of the OGs of emulators on iPhones for jailbroken phones etc.

He created the AltStore as a way of running this app without jail breaking, and now AltStore can officially be released in the EU too.

This coincides with the change in emulation rules on the App Store so we got lucky and he decided to release it.

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
I can at least confirm to my EU peeps that if you have an US account you can download Delta. No geo-locking.
Forgot to check, does it support scanlines ?

Can't you use itunes to move files on it ? Or am I just the only one still using this shit ?

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
If you want to move files from your PC to your local iOS Files over a local network without using a cloud storage service, I think the iOS VLC app lets you do that. Unless anyone knows of any better ways?

You can connect to a file server, or you can use a USB drive.

Or if your beef is with iCloud not cloud stuff in general, then Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.

Connect servers or external devices with Files on iPhone

In Files on iPhone, view files stored in iCloud Drive and on file servers, other cloud storage providers, USB drives, and SD cards.

Li Kao Try the above - much better options than iTunes.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
So I downloaded the first GBA emulator that got pulled, what is the best one to use now and can I transfer my save data? Also what is the best thing for N64? Really eager to buy a backbone and enjoy some of the classics.

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
So I downloaded the first GBA emulator that got pulled, what is the best one to use now and can I transfer my save data? Also what is the best thing for N64? Really eager to buy a backbone and enjoy some of the classics.

Pretty certain the first one was trash.

Delta is the best so far. It runs GB/GBA/DS/NES/SNES/N64

apps.apple.com

ā€ŽDelta - Game Emulator

ā€ŽDelta is an all-in-one emulator for iOS. Delta builds upon the strengths of its predecessor, GBA4iOS, while expanding to include support for more game systems such as NES, SNES, N64, and DS. FEATURES Supported Game Systems ā€¢ Nintendo Entertainment System ā€¢ Super Nintendo Entertainment System...

Yep the first one basically copied the code that the developer of this app used to do GBA back in the day and added a load of spam to it.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Was hoping for an Apple TV version of Delta, but it isn't even available as an iPad app...

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
yes you can copy files in the Files app. delta and gba4ios will each have a folder with corresponding roms/saves.
Was hoping for an Apple TV version of Delta, but it isn't even available as an iPad app...
just saw this as well. was hoping to install on my iPad but I can live with phone/backbone for now

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
God there are some great features here - it's so clearly a mature product having been out on alt store for so longā€¦

- Google Drive syncing
- Games DB artwork lookup
- Rename games and choose custom controllers for skins

I might do an OT. Is that allowed? Who do I ask?