• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
I was just wondering this today.

Might be necessary if you need to split video and sound.

Say you have a Dolby Atmos receiver, but it doesn't support G-synch and what not.

So awesome news if true.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Good, hopefully the PS5 follows suit in adopting USB-C as the new connection standard.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
Anyone else surprised to see the C8/figure 8 connector? Was expecting the 'kettle' type connector given the specs. One X and OG PS4 had the same connector which I think I read somewhere it meant a PSU up to 250W? PS4 has a 250W PSU and One X has a 245W one.

I would've expected to see a 350W PSU if it pushed toward 300W in use. Maybe not quite as powerful/power hungry as we thought.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I'd like to see at least one more usb on there, A or C, I think 4 is a good place to be I think 6 is asking a lot like some of y'all must plug one of everything to your console if you need 6

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
TWO USB-C ports?!

tumblr_n3uejzmY0j1qa0n48o3_250.gifv

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Is it 2 USB ports for the whole system or is that just the ones on the back?

Edit: Never mind, new posts with images from the front with an additional USB port since I posted my message.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
4K HDR passthrough would be nice I guess, I don't really know what I'd use it for though! It's really mainly for cable I suppose.

RodentBR

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I was just wondering this today.

Might be necessary if you need to split video and sound.

Say you have a Dolby Atmos receiver, but it doesn't support G-synch and what not.

So awesome news if true.

I have a 4K TV, but own an old audio receiver that's not able to pass-through 4K video signals. That would be huge for me.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Damn y'all are so damn thirsty you make a thread about USB and HDMI ports lmao

Where's my thread about the console having a power supply? Yeah!
To be fair, I created a thread recently about whether the HDMI In port would make it into future Xbox consoles, and a decent percentage of people seemed to support its inclusion. I'm glad to see the second HDMI port, as I did recently start using HDMI In on my Xbox One X to deal with some HDMI issues I was having with my media PC.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So if the PS5 follows suit in going mostly USB-C with one legacy USB-A port, I guess future arcade sticks will need to connect via USB-C.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda expected a DisplayPort, but I suppose HDMI2.1 can handle whatever is required for this gen.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
This is a pretty big fuck-up, no? I'm surprised this thread isn't more active. Pretty embarrassing for this to happen at CES.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
This is a pretty big fuck-up, no? I'm surprised this thread isn't more active. Pretty embarrassing for this to happen at CES.
If you want an active thread they needed to reveal a logo with a 5 on it. Then you 3 threads.

What's amazing here is AMD getting 3rd party renders and using them. What an incredible screw up.

Last edited: