The 28th Hour

Alt Account
Banned
May 27, 2023
a legendary game.... i can't believe they really shit the bed with Cyberpunk riding off the success of TW3

JMS

Jul 22, 2022
Legendary game, still one of the best open world and RPGs out there with a really good story, sucks that the combat didn't age as well.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
TWO WORLDS 3??!?

edit: well fuck mods, just fix EVERY headline so my jokes dont make sense

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
So biggest RPG game of all time (until Bethesda release that Skyrim sold 100 million copies or something).

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
One game carrying an entire publisher. Do we have a sales update on 2077? Last reported figure was 20m IIRC.

Jul 2, 2021
They should remake the first game.
We are thrilled to announce that The Witcher Remake is being worked on! That's right, the game that started it all is being rebuilt from the ground up in Unreal Engine 5.
www.thewitcher.com

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Official Website

The offical website of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Your number one source for news, latest videos and screenshots from the upcoming RPG developed by CD PROJEKT RED!

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Never forgot how my wife randomly came home from work and watched me play 3 for over an hour(she's never done that) Then that weekend she asked me to start a new game for her and the rest was history. It's her GOAT, and as a huge reader she loves the storylines, characters, and overall world of W3. Awesome game

ket

Jul 27, 2018
More than 50M people forced to use the worst RPG combat of all time. CDPR has to pay for this!

Bigjig

Jun 4, 2018
Wow that's incredible. I had no idea sales were that high. I thought 25-30 million tops

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
A well deserved massive success. The Witcher 3 is really in its own league when it comes to story, world building and quest quality.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
The actual surprise here for me is that the first two games sold 25 million (I'm gonna guess mostly 2).

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Well deserved. Best RPG game that encompasses world building, quest quality, presentation and gameplay ever. Just finished my second playthrough and I feel like this game will be one of those few that I replay every few years.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Also interesting to see the current dev distribution. The new Witcher game is slowly ramping up

FxTlq6WaEAANqtJ

View: https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1663206908747198465?s=20

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
It would have sold 10 million more if they'd included Iorveth ;)

Well deserved, and still the greatest gaming experience of my life.

I'll never forget reading pre-release interviews with the devs who cited the Gothic games as an influence, and said they intended to make a game bigger than Skyrim but with the depth of The Witcher 2. As impressed as I was with their prior games, I didn't think this would be possible and thought it was just marketing hype. It's still to this day one of the very few games that absolutely lived up to the hype, with writing and characterisation that is still absolutely spectacular to this day.

Also special shoutout to CDPR for including the full game on disc for the PC release and absolutely cramming the game package with goodies, along with a heartfelt thank you note. As someone who was on a slow data-capped connection at the time, this mattered a huge deal to me.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So deserved. :) Game of its generation imo.
That being said, CDPR, please fix Toussaint in the next gen version on PS5. The sky/clouds flicker, there's shadow pop-in, environement effects and NPCs not properly loading. :(

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
W3 is probably my favourite western RPG I have ever played, next to Divinity OS2. It's a masterclass game.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean is that really surprising? One of the best games out there...I still remember so many of those side quests even after all these years.

TranceStation

alt account
Banned
Feb 24, 2023
Amazing achievement for an amazing game !
I really need to get into the next gen version to finally play the Blood & Wine and Hearts of Stone expansions.

PunkSxE

Banned
Apr 9, 2020
So well deserved. In my top 3 best games of all time.

I wonder if this has sold More than Skyrim
I doubt it. Skyrim was at 30M when they released the Special Edition. Since then there was the Switch release and Anniversary Edition version, on top of the Special Edition sales. I would guess Skyrim is closer to the 60M mark