OP
OP
Arta

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I apologize for my first flippant reply, like many others here I didn't realize you were going through something like this. I'm glad to hear you are feeling a little better!

May I recommend doing a bit of volunteering somewhere if you have time? It can really help with these sorts of thoughts to be around other people who give a damn about the things you are most concerned about.
That might be a good idea. Might occupy me from worrying at night all the time. I can barely sleep and my vision's blurry.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
World ends when the machines decide to shut down the Matrix.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
That might be a good idea. Might occupy me from worrying at night all the time. I can barely sleep and my vision's blurry.

I am so sorry to hear you're going through a tough time, OP. Wishing you well and hoping for better times soon.

Regarding lack of sleep, that is concerning. Have you been indoors a lot lately? Or away from natural light, that sometimes causes sleep issues to become worse. If at all possible, maybe have that checked out, as it might not necessarily be stress that is causing you to have difficulty(but instead adding onto the stress).

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
That's the thing, I have absolutely no idea what it was about! I'm remembering it wasn't about Y2K because the Millennium celebrations had already happened, it was literally a random day that was hyped up to be the end of the world. I'm gonna pick my family's brains about this as I remember adverts playing while I was being driven to school.
Was this in the 1999 Nostradamus related end of world prediction? I remember that one getting some traction prior to Y2K.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events (Check #146)

Dec 30, 2020
I've got my surfboard at the ready.

33e.gif

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I still remember "How will you spend your last day on Earth?" radio adverts here in the UK in the late 90s/early 2000s. People in my class were suddenly talking about how the world was going to end (This was before 9/11 for frame of reference, I just can't recall the specific timing). I was so weirded out by it all, and when I bought up the day after it was supposed to end people acted like I was the crazy one. I got fucking gaslit by my high school peers damn it.

But yeah, it's not going to end. It's rough and it'll get worse before it gets better, but positive changes can happen in very unexpected ways.

Everybody wants the time they were alive to be important and "world ends, society collapses" are one variant of that. Even though statistically our lifetimes could just as easily end up a very brief paragraph in a history textbook.

Mar 19, 2021
I'm trying. I really am. Some days it just feels like the correct impulse to step off a bridge, even though it's illogical and dumb. I really wanted to just now. I REALLY WANTED TO but the world is still here.

Know that none of us here would want anything to happen to you, take care of yourself please!