Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Anyone want to take a crack at trying to explain the situation post-Flashpoint?

Is Patman going to stay as a solo disconnected trilogy with no links outside?

Will Batfleck simply disappear?

Will Keaton's role be a total reprisal of 80s Batman and will he be brought into the main canon permanently and become the DCEU's Batman? Or will his role in flashpoint return him to his own Universe where a stand-alone Bat family universe can then spawn off the back of it?

Multiverse. DC's already done it on TV, they can do it in the movies too - lets them connect when something works and abandon it when it doesn't.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it. Have an entire league of Keatons.

I want Keaton superman. Keaton Wonder Woman. Keaton lantern. Keaton cyborg.

I want a Cinematic adaption of JLU with every character played by Keaton.

Dank Lotion

Oct 27, 2017
Ahhhhh this would make me more interested in the DCU for sure. Especially if Batman Beyond is the next one after Pattison's Bat. Oh! I just realized I really want Michelle Pfeiffer back now too.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Multiverse. DC's already done it on TV, they can do it in the movies too - lets them connect when something works and abandon it when it doesn't.

Well yeah it's obviously multiverse but we're talking about Metallix87 's specific theory that Keaton will be playing Keatman AND a simply recasted Batfleck.

CW's Universe didn't have recasts covering multiple roles - the reprisals were representing only their specific adaption.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
Hell fucking yeah, but I'm probably the 100th person in the thread to say we need a Batman Beyond movie with him. Who would make a good Terry Mcginnis?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
There's no way, thankfully, that Battinson is past Batfleck. It's a mess, yes, but I'd rather have The Batman be its own thing à la Nolan trilogy.

The Flash could be really fun, but it's hard to be excited with the development hell the project has been under.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So.

Keaton players Batfleck as a re-cast. And Patman is past Batfleck.

Keaton also plays Keatman, with his history intact. And interacts with Keaton as Batfleck.

(I just don't see Keaton playing Batfleck, it's just too much of a massive leap - especially when he's already going to be reprising Keatman as per your plan).

Affleck is like 48, and Keaton is what 67? A lot of the audience would get confused because of the dual role.
I don't think the two will interact. I suspect Flash ends up traveling to another universe, meets Burton Batman, and then the film ends with him returning to his home universe and telling Batfleck what's up.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
the fuck? Never knew I wanted this but yes, I don't care what anyone says Batman returns is the best Batman film

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Well yeah it's obviously multiverse but we're talking about Metallix87 's specific theory that Keaton will be playing Keatman AND a simply recasted Batfleck.

CW's Universe didn't have recasts covering multiple roles - the reprisals were representing only their specific adaption.

Well they could still do the same shenanigans and have him serving double duty. I don't think Batfleck will return though - I think Barry will be returning to a new and different version of his earth.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
So Bruce Wayne from the Tim Burton movies and Robert Pattinson "The Batman" Bruce Wayne in the same universe and probably a bunch of movies..

....Okay. Fuck it, I'll roll with it.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Can he wear the Flashpoint Batman suit?

I don't know shit about Flashpoint, I haven't read DC comics in years, but give me that.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
I think he'll be doing both. He'll be Batfleck in the main universe, and Burton Batman in a universe Barry visits.

Your idea is an interesting one but here is what was said.

www.thewrap.com

Batman Returns! Michael Keaton in Talks to Play Bruce Wayne in 'The Flash' Movie (Exclusive) - TheWrap

That plot will introduce general audiences to the idea of the multiverse, one of the of core concepts underpinning DC Comics

The story sees Ezra Miller's Barry Allen travel back in time to prevent the death of his mother. The result? Allen inadvertently creates another universe protected by Michael Keaton's Batman, now 30 years older.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
I would mark so hard
Me too!!!!

AgedAbleGreatdane-small.gif