• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Lol at the people who think this will do better than Detective Pikachu, seriously.

Oct 31, 2017
I fuckin loved this, not ironically. Actually think it's a great fit for a Sonic movie, but I'm sure a lot of Sanic fans will probably hate it.

Wish theyd have stuck with the super weird, hyper-anthropomorphized, original Sonic design but I'm still probably going to see this.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Its kind of hard to get super worked up over a generic movie vocal track after a decade that has produced way worse movie vocal tracks

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
The formula seems to be 'add ring sound effects to any old song and now it's a Sonic song'

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Ya know, I actually liked the song. Am I going to like this movie?

JimNastics

Jan 11, 2018
Shoulda gone with this.... remember nipping down to Woolies when it released to purchase in 1992! Still have it somewhere.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't as bad as I was expecting based on folks' reaction in here. Me @ Lil Yachty's part though

ns3s7Nz.png

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Even Gangsta paradise was better than this.

Kinda funny they basically pretend like 3D Sonic does not exist.
I think there was one single scene that was vagely 3D.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
So bad, JFC. I wonder how much money that kid with teal hair grabbed for his 11s part in song, like what was even the point of his feature?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Calling out Knuckles and having the ring sound here and there doesn't make it a fitting Sonic tune, but what do I know. It feels very generic, barely in line with the tone of the movie or the property. This kind of movie works best when the ending song (I assume that'll be where it's effectively used in the movie) is a blasting fun song (eg. Everything Is Awesome), not sure why ending with this generic rap song was their choice.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The animations used in the music video are cool, although the music is forgettable even while listening to it.

Hopefully the score is good, but I doubt it with Junkie XL doing it.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I had quite a laugh reading Wiz's twitter feed where all the fans kept saying "this is fire, this is lit af, another banger, etc." LOL

Glad to come on here and see I'm not alone in thinking this song is doo doo.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The chorus is pretty catchy. Instrumental gives me Teddybears vibes (who ironically have a song that'd probably fit well with this movie).

Nov 9, 2017
Réunion
Not my taste. And I don't know how to put it, it doesn't fit what I think of a "Sonic music", or a "Sonic song", it's not catchy, not uplifting, nor very uptempo.

Well, TBH I'm not very keen on seeing this movie, although I might, just for satisfying my curiosity so I don't think i'm quite the adequate listener for this song...

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
That shitty pixelart and animations are hurting my eyes.
Seems also someone didnt get the memo of making it feel like real sonic after they changed that horrible model of him. This music doesnt sound like sonic at all, classic nor modern.

Shoulda gone with this.... remember nipping down to Woolies when it released to purchase in 1992! Still have it somewhere.

Maybe if enough people make joke of this shitty song again the can patch it out for this. This sounds Sonic 100%

Last edited:

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There should be an announcement trailer for a new sega console at the end of the movie, and it shows a new sonic game that almost looks as good as the sonic does in the movie

DJKippling

Nov 1, 2017
seems like a very odd choice of artists given the target audience. not to mention its fricken' awful.

Oct 28, 2017
Extremely disappointing. Honestly it couldn't possibly have been worse than that. Completely off tone.

Can we just replace this with Endless Possibilities instead?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
The animations used in the music video are cool, although the music is forgettable even while listening to it.

Hopefully the score is good, but I doubt it with Junkie XL doing it.

Wait Junkie is doing the score of this?

If true even the movie will adhere to the rule that Sonic has good music.

Now I'm sad this isn't the track