uzhOeph.png

Z3Ddy2J.png

-----
Aska, TMNT Tournament Fighters
Liu Yungmie, Fighter's History Dynamite/Karnov's Revenge
Tia Langray, Breakers/Breakers Revenge
Yuri Sakazaki, Art of Fighting/The King of Fighters
Rebecca Brielle, Double Dragon

Do with this information as you see fit.

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Breakers feels very nice to play even now in 2022. Broken as hell all the same but still.

Yggfk

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Oct 26, 2017
More that 90's fighting game makers didn't know how to make a new character so they kept making the same generic hot brunette with a mix of athletic and fighting wear.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Thought this thread will be about Bruce Lee knock offs.
In the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga, it's revealed that Yugi loves fighting games and also Bruce Lee, so he always picks the Bruce Lee knockoff. He goes to an arcade and repeatedly kicks someone's ass in a mirror match as Bruce Lee knockoffs. Then his opponent steps out from behind the arcade cabinet and reveals that he is a Bruce Lee knockoff in real life, and threatens to beat Yugi up. It's amazing.

ygo_ch25_bruceryuizifb.png

HotSauceMaven

Oct 9, 2018
Definitely a very specific (popular?) style of female character design of that era.

It reminds me of all those characters with the "Tall hair' type that came out around the same time, like:
Joe Higashi (Fatal Fury)
Benimaru (King of Fighters)
Paul Phoenix (Tekken)
Saizo (Breakers Revenge)

etc.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was legitimately getting confused as the images continued since I recognize Aska and wondered if there was an expanded universe of appearances she had.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Definitely a very specific (popular?) style of female character design of that era.

It reminds me of all those characters with the "Tall hair' type that came out around the same time, like:
Joe Higashi (Fatal Fury)
Benimaru (King of Fighters)
Paul Phoenix (Tekken)
Saizo (Breakers Revenge)

etc.
joe and benimaru couldnt be more different tho
thats like grouping every bald character as the same

DeadeyeNull

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 26, 2018
In the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga, it's revealed that Yugi loves fighting games and also Bruce Lee, so he always picks the Bruce Lee knockoff. He goes to an arcade and repeatedly kicks someone's ass in a mirror match as Bruce Lee knockoffs. Then his opponent steps out from behind the arcade cabinet and reveals that he is a Bruce Lee knockoff in real life, and threatens to beat Yugi up. It's amazing.

They should make a card based off, they made a blue eyes jet card even.

HotSauceMaven

Oct 9, 2018
joe and benimaru couldnt be more different tho
thats like grouping every bald character as the same

I think I was was mostly referring to the idea that they have similar/funny skyscraper-like hair, more so than how they played or hair color. I didn't think that design was as deeply common as, say, a fighter being bald or anything.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know who this guy is but I always have to do a double take on the PS store because I think it's Sol Badguy.

latest

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know who this guy is but I always have to do a double take on the PS store because I think it's Sol Badguy.

latest
snk.fandom.com

Sho Hayate

Sho Hayate (ショー・疾風), also known as just Hayate (ハヤテ), is the main character of the Savage Reign series. He is voiced by the late Kenichi Hayashi and succeeded by Hiroyuki Inoue. As the lone practitioner of his fighting style, Hayate is determined to show its might to anyone who bears witness. He...

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): Posting objectifying content over multiple posts
Special mention to Ryoko Izumo from World Heroes, who I left out as it would have been too much of a stretch:

lyAaIxI.gif

..which is fine since she's clearly the same person as RYOKO Kano anyway.

benJxyG.gif

They're both based on the same person

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, for a totally legitimate example of fighting game characters being the same person, there's The Masters Fighter.

mastersfighter-1eqiq7.png

I don't know if there's a good breakdown of it but basically they just traced sprites from other fighting games.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Legit thought this was going to be another thread about Shotos, well done OP.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I think I was was mostly referring to the idea that they have similar/funny skyscraper-like hair, more so than how they played or hair color. I didn't think that design was as deeply common as, say, a fighter being bald or anything.
Joe Higashi hairstyle was much more generic at start, I guess he just never cut his hair ?

Joe.jpg

Koklusz

Oct 27, 2017

Lmao

Last edited:

Bizkit Krueger