AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
From ThinkProgress. There are two in there I was not expecting.

ThinkProgress reached out to all of the banks financing Remington Outdoor, Smith & Wesson, Sturm Ruger, Sig Sauer, and Vista Outdoor, the makers of the assault weapons used in Parkland, at Sandy Hook Elementary School, at Pulse nightclub in Orlando, at a church in Texas, and in countless other tragedies.

nra-financing1.png

The banks include:

Bank of America
Bank of America has provided lines of credit to Vista Outdoor, Sturm Ruger, and Remington. The bank recently renewed a line of credit with a $40 million maximum to Sturm Ruger until June 15, 2018. It is also financing Remington, the maker of the Bushmaster XM-15 used in Sandy Hook, as the company prepares to file for bankruptcy.

On Saturday, a spokesperson for the bank said that it is engaging "the limited number of clients we have that manufacture assault weapons for non-military use to understand what they can contribute to this shared responsibility." Representatives did not immediately respond to requests for comment on the bank's next steps.

Bank of Montreal
Bank of Montreal has provided a line of credit to Vista Outdoor, the maker of the rifle Adam Lanza used to murder his mother before he shot and killed 26 people at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Representatives did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Berkshire Bank
Berkshire Bank has provided a line of credit to Sig Sauer, the maker of the MCX rifle used at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando to kill 29 people and wound 53. Representatives did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Branch Bank & Trust (BB&T)
BB&T has provided lines of credit to Vista Outdoor and Sig Sauer, as well as a a revolving $78 million line of credit to Smith & Wesson (through its parent company American Outdoor Brands Corp). Representatives did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Capital One
Capital One has provided a line of credit to Vista Outdoor. Representatives did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Citizens Financial Group
Citizens has provided a line of credit to Sig Sauer. Representatives did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

JPMorgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase has provided a line of credit to Vista Outdoor. Representatives did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Morgan Stanley Bank
Morgan Stanley has provided a line of credit to Vista Outdoor. Representatives did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

MUFG Bank
MUFG Bank, formerly known as Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UHJ, has provided a line of credit to Vista Outdoor. A representative declined to comment Monday.

Northern Trust Company
Northern Trust has provided a line of credit to Vista Outdoor. Representatives did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

People's United Bank
People's United Bank has provided lines of credit to Vista Outdoor and Sig Sauer, as well as a $36 million revolving line of credit to Smith & Wesson. Representatives did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Regions Bank
Regions has provided lines of credit to Vista Outdoor and Sig Sauer, as well as a $78 million revolving line of credit to Smith & Wesson. Representatives did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Stifel Bank & Trust
Stifel has provided a line of credit to Vista Outdoor. Representatives did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

TD Bank
TD has provided a line of credit to Sig Sauer and a revolving $78 million line of credit to Smith & Wesson. Representatives did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

U.S. Bank
U.S. Bank has provided a line of credit to Vista Outdoor. Representatives did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo has provided a line of credit to Vista Outdoor and a revolving $78 million line of credit to Smith & Wesson.

Jennifer Dunn, a spokesperson for the bank, told ThinkProgress Monday that the bank could not confirm its relationship with gun manufacturers because of client confidentiality rules.

"Like all of you, we at Wells Fargo are deeply saddened and troubled by the recurring gun violence that is touching our communities and schools," she said in an email. "We respect and encourage the debate our nation is having regarding firearms and public safety, and we believe the best way to resolve this issue is through the political and legislative process, where all Americans have the opportunity to participate. We encourage our team members, our customers, and third parties to work together over the coming days to discuss what additional steps we may take together in support of enhanced public safety."

Zions First National
Zions Bank has provided a line of credit to Vista Outdoor. Representatives did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I hope anyone who was a customer of any of those Banks contacts their customer service tells them how disappointed you are.

I'll be contacting Chase Bank tonight

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope anyone who was a customer of any of those Banks contacts their customer service tells them how disappointed you are.

I'll be contacting Chase Bank tonight
I swear to you, if my bank account was at either the Bank of Montréal or Toronto-Dominion, I would shut that shit down pronto. Believe me. And I would tell the person handling my case why I am doing so, and I'd make sure they'd understand that I would tell everyone I interact with regularly to do the same.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Guess ill be getting a new bank. It would be more convenient for me to use an international one anyway, I just never felt like doing it. But now I have a legit reason

samoscratch

Nov 25, 2017
Just switched from Chase to Navy Federal but I haven't canceled Chase just yet, will see what they have to say when I bring this up.

Logos

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Not attacking people that are switching but If you do make sure you do research before blindly switching. You might leave one for supporting the NRA and gnd industry, but then you're new bank might be funding pipelines over indigenous land or some other fucked up cause.

And if you're bank isn't in this list, then it might be doing one of those other things already.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
Join a credit union.

You will still have not only free checking, but they pay you interest for having money in your checking account. You will also still have things like depositing checks by taking photos of apps, and debit/credit cards, but you will also have a better savings account rate and peace of mind because credit unions aren't allowed to leverage their captial 23x and go bankrupt if the market moves against them/there's a bank run. This is all before you get to the moral considerations.

Find a credit union near you with this tool and just get it done: http://mapping.ncua.gov/

Deleted member 15948

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not attacking people that are switching but If you do make sure you do research before blindly switching. You might leave one for supporting the NRA and gnd industry, but then you're new bank might be funding pipelines over indigenous land or some other fucked up cause.

And if you're bank isn't in this list, then it might be doing one of those other things already.

This. To be honest, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a large bank that isn't involved in some kind of thing you don't like. Better stick to local credit unions if that's the line of thinking.

Deleted member 29676

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I like this strategy. Has anyone reported which healthcare company provides employee coverage or who deos their payroll?

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Wow Canadian banks are giving money to these shitstains?

Lucky I'm with RBC or I'd be on the phone now.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All the big banks are probably involved with questionable partners. Their job isn't to be moral police, it's to make money. That's it. They don't give a fuck. Those credit unions would LOVE to be handling those accounts too, they don't cause they're small potatoes.

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
Join a credit union.

You will still have not only free checking, but they pay you interest for having money in your checking account. You will also still have things like depositing checks by taking photos of apps, and debit/credit cards, but you will also have a better savings account rate and peace of mind because credit unions aren't allowed to leverage their captial 23x and go bankrupt if the market moves against them/there's a bank run. This is all before you get to the moral considerations.

Find a credit union near you with this tool and just get it done: http://mapping.ncua.gov/

Yes. I've been using Navy Federal for a long time now.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
Join a credit union.

Imma look into this. I detest the NRA so switching over is the least I could do.

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could join USAA. I've been meaning to look into local credit unions for the past year. Need to step it up.

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. I already knew this about Regions. Closed my account with a swiftness and went to the local credit union.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
All the big banks are probably involved with questionable partners. Their job isn't to be moral police, it's to make money. That's it. They don't give a fuck. Those credit unions would LOVE to be handling those accounts too, they don't cause they're small potatoes.

That's true but since politicians aren't going to do anything, people have to resort to tactics like this.

Oct 28, 2017
It sucks because the consequences for ending a credit card (ie your credit score) are much more severe and longer lasting than changing where you buy things.

3 of my credit cards are from Chase... Dammit

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Does USAA even have commercial banking products? I think it would be impossible for them to show up on this list.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
So every bank? I mean lots of major corporations do business with other major corporations...not shocking.

Oct 25, 2017
As if I needed another reason to drop BoA. I swear, once I can get into Navy Federal they and Capital One are outtie, credit-be-damned.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
These are banks that manage billions in assets.

Hate to break it to you guys, but they're not gonna give a shit if you close your $500 checking account that you already pay them to administer. Their retail operation is just there for tax and regulation purposes anyways.

To hit them, you're going to have pull out your high net worth and retirement accounts. Including out of all their subsidiaries; like Blackrock (BOA).

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Recently just join one of local credit unions and could not feel better but I still have my credit card under capital one.