• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
That's the entire story. Someone came into my work and was wearing a knitted face mask.

It's rare that I want to headbutt people, but today was almost my day.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You think that's bad? I live in a somewhat privileged little east coast town and I was walking my dogs tonight past a luxurious house that had a ceramic rabbit lawn ornament out front wearing one of those sought after hospital face masks in short supply all over the country.

People have no sense.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You got anger issues if a joke flared you like this...

/armchairpsychologistnocontext

Oct 28, 2017
I saw a guy wearing cargo pants. Can you fucking believe it? The audacity of this guy was stunning. I wanted to punch his guts out.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
You think that makes you mad you should hear all the shit people said about my cool face mask. I knitted it myself even!

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Honest question when can we start wearing plague doctor masks

Let's do it! 😃

HTB1w-Hw-Mm-LIm-BKNj-SZFlq6-A43-FXa7.jpg

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
I wear a cloth mask when I go out shopping to remind myself not to touch my face.

u have problem?

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Why does it even make you angry?

Do you know what a doily is? It has gaping holes in it that microbes can pass right through. That's essentially what they were wearing on their face. It literally accomplishes nothing. I work in retail, I have to tolerate stupidity from moronic consumers all the time, and this was today's topper.

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
You think that's bad? I live in a somewhat privileged little east coast town and I was walking my dogs tonight past a luxurious house that had a ceramic rabbit lawn ornament out front wearing one of those sought after hospital face masks in short supply all over the country.

People have no sense.
I hope you took the mask and broke the rabbit.

Don't answer if you did.

Plausible deniability and all.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
Do you know what a doily is? It has gaping holes in it that microbes can pass right through. That's essentially what they were wearing on their face. It literally accomplishes nothing. I work in retail, I have to tolerate stupidity from moronic consumers all the time, and this was today's topper.

You're right, they should just go on Amazon and buy one of the totally available and not sold out N95 masks. Dumbasses.

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
Didn't the CDC recently say you should wear a scarf if you can't find a mask? People are doing the best they can.

Oct 27, 2017
It's really weird seeing others wear masks of any kind for me, but that's part of the change we are going through. In a year it will be seen as more normal. Probably be plenty of folks out there who keep wearing them and adopt them into fashion even once WHO declares the pandemic to be over.

Sep 14, 2019
Weren't some people knitting face masks for doctors, nurses, and patients who couldn't get face masks? I figured it was better than nothing.

I think you're supposed to dip them in alcohol or something before wearing. This was from several days ago.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
meanwhile, i work at Domino's where we deliver food and maybe like.... 3/40 of us think this virus is a big deal. Police came in our shop today and taped a flyer on the window stating the CDC guidelines for social distancing and a number to report violators. lmao we are violating it ourselves by having more than 10 workers in the shop at one time.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017

People have no sense.
Sounds like a fun thing to do with a used mask. I'm assuming we're not supposed to reuse them, although I'm keeping them just in case it turns out that's okay.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

People have no sense.

Maybe it was used?

Sep 14, 2019
meanwhile, i work at Domino's where we deliver food and maybe like.... 3/40 of us think this virus is a big deal. Police came in our shop today and taped a flyer on the window stating the CDC guidelines for social distancing and a number to report violators. lmao we are violating it ourselves by having more than 10 workers in the shop at one time.

My Mom works at a restaurant and I worry since she occasionally handles the register. So she'll handle money and change. I know, people shouldn't touch their face, but sometimes it's just human nature and that worries me.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
You posted the thread.
And I'm sharing only what I feel like sharing.

Are you just being a jerk to continue with the edgy theme of the thread?

It's a valid question. You could even just say the type of store (grocery, electronics, etc.)
Excuse me, sir. I apologize.

I'd rather not specify where I work because I would prefer that Kiwfarms and TheBore not make a hobby out of stalking me any more than they already do.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
My Mom works at a restaurant and I worry since she occasionally handles the register. So she'll handle money and change. I know, people shouldn't touch their face, but sometimes it's just human nature and that worries me.
yeah my girlfriend convinced me tonight.. I'm taking a leave of absence starting monday. food delivery in a shop that doesn't give af just isn't worth it right now if you don't absolutely need the money to get by.

Nov 17, 2017
If that's the topper, then you must not have to deal with much. It's not like them wearing it is hurting anyone. If it makes them feel safer, who cares?

Wag

Nov 3, 2017

People have no sense.
Steal the wabbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.