• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
lol have you been to Asia, or anywhere outside the states?

I'm British and my country signed the Convention. If any British parents would openly defend this kind of behaviour towards a child, I'd admit to some measure of surprise, not to mention shock.

If you're going to point to the suffering of children in other countries to defend dickish parenting in the United States, I suggest that's a pretty weak position. I won't belabour the absurdity of such a defence, just use your imagination.

Kimmel is now officially a war criminal that should be prosecuted by the ICC or have a special international tribunal set up just for him. And then hung like Saddam, I guess.

Well you know we're also against capital punishment. It's possible to oppose cruelty to children and capital punishment as the separate and unrelated evils they are.

It's easy to make fun of somebody who hates cruelty to children and to pretend they want to call the police every time a parent is unkind to a child. It's harder to admit that we should do better as parents, and that belittling children as many in this thread have done is the wrong way to make children's lives better.

Stuggatz

Jun 6, 2018
Lots of ways to have fun without breaking kid's fundamental rights to privacy. That you think that's somehow impossible tells me quite a lot of how rotten shit is tbh
There are many rotten things about existence, but a parent shutting off a child's form of entertainment for a few moments is so far down the list that it isn't worth mentioning. And now I'm dying to know what country's constitution considers a child's video game to be an extension of a fundamental right to privacy. I just banned my five year old from electronics until Friday. Should I lawyer up?

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are many rotten things about existence, but a parent shutting off a child's form of entertainment for a few moments is so far down the list that it isn't worth mentioning. And now I'm dying to know what country's constitution considers a child's video game to be an extension of a fundamental right to privacy. I just banned my five year old from electronics until Friday. Should I lawyer up?
Reading is seemingly pretty hard for you, huh.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
There are many rotten things about existence, but a parent shutting off a child's form of entertainment for a few moments is so far down the list that it isn't worth mentioning.

Funny you should say that. I'm told a guy called Jimmy Kimmel actually mentioned this very act and of cruelty and called for parents to commit it.

You can't have it both ways. Even if you think it's perfectly fine to be cruel to your kids for a laugh, one guy in the entertainment field has made this out to be a huge deal.

Or are you saying you think Jimmy Kimmel's intention was to enhance the daily existence of children, and we're all barking up the wrong tree when we assume he was trying to get people to be wantonly nasty to their own children?

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
One kid had a great reaction. Laughing about it and telling his dad to go cook. That was funny.

But those kids swiping at the camera and cursing. Why would a parent want to share that? I think it makes the parent look bad.