• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
fantastic stuff

count me in the small group that prefers the first few MGs over the later games

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
This is made by the same person who did UnEpic, which was a fun and somewhat goofy metroid style platformer rpg. That game was a lot of fun, but it came out a long time ago, so it's understandable that it might not be recognized too much.

There is a free demo for UnMetal, and it's turning out to have a pretty great, if sometimes bizarre sense of humor to it. Give it a shot, it's a fun time!

https://franfistro.itch.io/unmetal-demo

One thing that is particularly impressive as a choice for the game is not only that, since it's played as a bit of a hazy recollection, it can have a hilarious unreliable narrative where events and such can be purposely messed with for gameplay purposes, but choices can determine what kind of stuff actually happens during the game.

And the choices have Twitch Intergration, so an Audience can choose to make the game harder or weirder or what-have-you as the game goes on.

I always loved this kind of thing, it makes the act of watching the game more interesting through interactivity, and gives the viewers a better experience by helping to steer the story.

So far, so good, I hope it comes out as a great game, and that it becomes successful!

P.S. I'd recommend adding the Itch.io link to the OP at least, so that people can check it out if they are interested.

May 10, 2019
tenor.gif

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I played the demo on Steam a few weeks ago, it was great, they nail so many little touches and sound effects from metal gear and metal gear solid, it just feels so coozy and nostalgic to play.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Thought this was going to be Merry Gear Solid.

Played that game on a flash site so long ago

merry2.png

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This is made by the same person who did UnEpic, which was a fun and somewhat goofy metroid style platformer rpg. That game was a lot of fun, but it came out a long time ago, so it's understandable that it might not be recognized too much.

There is a free demo for UnMetal, and it's turning out to have a pretty great, if sometimes bizarre sense of humor to it. Give it a shot, it's a fun time!

https://franfistro.itch.io/unmetal-demo

One thing that is particularly impressive as a choice for the game is not only that, since it's played as a bit of a hazy recollection, it can have a hilarious unreliable narrative where events and such can be purposely messed with for gameplay purposes, but choices can determine what kind of stuff actually happens during the game.

And the choices have Twitch Intergration, so an Audience can choose to make the game harder or weirder or what-have-you as the game goes on.

I always loved this kind of thing, it makes the act of watching the game more interesting through interactivity, and gives the viewers a better experience by helping to steer the story.

So far, so good, I hope it comes out as a great game, and that it becomes successful!

P.S. I'd recommend adding the Itch.io link to the OP at least, so that people can check it out if they are interested.

Damn that sounds great.

I won't be able to check it out any time soon unfortunately but I will eventually !

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

You can listen to the dev being interviewed here (didn't even know it was out today until they uploaded this podcast episode).

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The gameplay part of this looks really cool, but the parody aspect is falling completely flat for me. I wish it had been a more normal hommage instead. The parody aspect is actually pushing me away somewhat.

Apr 19, 2018
This is the first time I'm hearing of the game, but I'm all for it. Do we know what it'll cost on Steam?

This was also pretty good from what I remember

Merry Gear Solid: Secret Santa

Thought this was going to be Merry Gear Solid.

Played that game on a flash site so long ago

merry2.png

The Merry Gear games were kinda awesome. I loved how creator Arthur Lee leaned into the conspiracy-laden and convoluted nonsense of the MGS lore and put his own spin for the Merry Gear plots. Merry Gear Solid 2, in particular, sure went places story-wise, hah. I'm saddened that the third title in the series never came to fruition.

Merry Gear Solid 2's title theme is absolutely boss, by the way -- a stellar medley arrangement of MGS4's Love Theme, the MGS Main Theme, Carol of the Bells, and We Wish You A Merry Christmas.

Last edited:

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
The gameplay part of this looks really cool, but the parody aspect is falling completely flat for me. I wish it had been a more normal hommage instead. The parody aspect is actually pushing me away somewhat.

yeah, I feel like they could do something that stands on its own legs. However, big brand attachment to MGS raises visibility.

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
This game is fantastic so far. Literally haven't laughed this hard in a game in a while. Probably Stick of truth last time? Can't wait to keep playing

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Unepic is great and Ghost is pretty good, but the developer's sense of humor falls completely flat for me. I'm cautiously interested in this game as a fan of MSX Metal Gear but I'm a little worried that the gameplay will just end up a vehicle for jokes.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
This looks so ridiculous, I'm in.

Unfortunately, I just bought a bunch of games this past week, so I'm gonna have to wait a little for this one! But I added it to my wishlist, so I won't forget about it!

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely going to pick this up by the weekend. It looks like how I would imagine Metal Gear would have looked if it were on the SNES.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hey this looks pretty decent, seems it really flew under the radar.