• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
That was great and it reminded me how much enjoyed the game despite all the hate it gets here.

2>4>3>1

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think you could put any game in the MI trailer format and have it look like the best game of the gen.

The MI trailer is awesome.

Apr 21, 2018
I dislike Uncharted 4. It felt like the series had barely evolved in so many games, and they doubled down on the walking-story bits and plays-itself platforming.

I appreciate it, but I don't have fun. I got to the epilogue and turned it off before finishing.

Good trailer though.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, have you seen the Death Stranding / The Handmaiden trailer they did? It's amazing.

The music is so weird and quirky, but so is THM and DS. It fits perfectly.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
While the trailer is fantastic, it kind of underlines how few setpieces there were in the game. the chase sequence was long and absolutely amazing but that was pretty much it. there was a nice fun 2v1 battle with Nadine and some exploding bridges sequences shown in this trailer but nothing compared to Uncharted 2 and 3's numerous setpieces and chase sequences. While i appreciate the longer 15-30 hour campaigns of Uncharted, Horizon and God Of War this gen I kind of miss last gen's 8 hour campaigns full of boss fights of setpieces. 4.5 years into this gen and nothing has topped MGS4, God of War 3 and uncharted 2 when it comes to action setpieces and boss fights.

Aside from the plane sequence I don't really remember any other setpieces in Uncharted 3

huH1678

Oct 30, 2017
Aside from the plane sequence I don't really remember any other setpieces in Uncharted 3

The cruise ship set piece was pretty crazy, also loved the French Chateau, UC3 gets way too much hate on the internet. I just replayed it recently and thought it was excellent, overall i was entertained throughout the game, lots of elements reminds me of The Mummy movie also.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Felt like it was simultaneously the best and worst Uncharted game. With less downtime it might have been the best.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes it's awesome but not as awesome as this...

Too bad there's no higher quality video.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Burning Chateau Setpiece
Yemen City Chase Scene
Ship chase jumping from boat to boat
the Entire Ship chapter
Plane Scene
Horse Chase

Not sure I'd put some of those on the same level as the Uncharted 2 train, Uncharted 3 plane, and Uncharted 4 rope/jeep/motorcycle sequence.

If we are though, then in Uncharted 4 we can include the boat chase at the beginning, the bell/clock tower collapse, Libertalia collapse, and the whole armored truck chase after the ship graveyard.

OP
OP
AegonSnake

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I'd put some of those on the same level as the Uncharted 2 train, Uncharted 3 plane, and Uncharted 4 rope/jeep/motorcycle sequence.

If we are though, then in Uncharted 4 we can include the boat chase at the beginning, the bell/clock tower collapse, Libertalia collapse, and the whole armored truck chase after the ship graveyard.
Same level as in wow factor or length? I am talking mostly about how long and substantial they are. The bell tower collapse and the libertalia collapse were like 15 seconds max. We have had many breaking bridges setpieces in uncharted 2 and 3. If i counted all those small setpieces U4 will fall even further short.

Armored truck chase was cool but again doesnt compare to how complex and long some of the U2 and U3 setpieces were. Everyone talks about the building collapse sequence in Uncharted 2 but it came in the middle of an extended battle with the helicopter that lasted half the level. The chatue escape lasted a good ten or so minutes. the ship chase sequence was a good 10-15 minute sequence with you jumping form ship to ship destroying other ships. Then you spent the entire chapter on the ship as it turned upside down.

Besides, wow factor wise the Lost Legacy final chapter is better than all those setpieces in Uncharted 2, U3, and U4. Doesnt mean those setpieces in previous games werent excellent.

Bottomline is that they put a clear emphasis on bigger environments, more intimate setpieces and fewer setpieces and while it works for something like TLOU it doesnt work for a summer blockbuster like uncharted. you dont go see avengers for intimate moments. you want to see them blow stuff up.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Same level as in wow factor or length? I am talking mostly about how long and substantial they are. The bell tower collapse and the libertalia collapse were like 15 seconds max. We have had many breaking bridges setpieces in uncharted 2 and 3. If i counted all those small setpieces U4 will fall even further short.

Armored truck chase was cool but again doesnt compare to how complex and long some of the U2 and U3 setpieces were. Everyone talks about the building collapse sequence in Uncharted 2 but it came in the middle of an extended battle with the helicopter that lasted half the level. The chatue escape lasted a good ten or so minutes. the ship chase sequence was a good 10-15 minute sequence with you jumping form ship to ship destroying other ships. Then you spent the entire chapter on the ship as it turned upside down.

Besides, wow factor wise the Lost Legacy final chapter is better than all those setpieces in Uncharted 2, U3, and U4. Doesnt mean those setpieces in previous games werent excellent.

Bottomline is that they put a clear emphasis on bigger environments, more intimate setpieces and fewer setpieces and while it works for something like TLOU it doesnt work for a summer blockbuster like uncharted. you dont go see avengers for intimate moments. you want to see them blow stuff up.

Yeah, but a lot of the things like the burning chateau or the horse chase in Uncharted 3 are really just pretty standard levels, not on the echelon of "setpiece" IMO.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am pretty sure that's not true. It looks better because they improved their engine. Aside from resolution, the differences between the 2 versions will be very slim. Just like HZD and GoW.
It's very different to put out a patch for a game on PRO than it is to develop a game from scratch for the system, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Armored truck chase was cool but again doesnt compare to how complex and long some of the U2 and U3 setpieces were.Everyone talks about the building collapse sequence in Uncharted 2 but it came in the middle of an extended battle with the helicopter that lasted half the level. The chatue escape lasted a good ten or so minutes. the ship chase sequence was a good 10-15 minute sequence with you jumping form ship to ship destroying other ships. Then you spent the entire chapter on the ship as it turned upside down.

I cant agree with this at all.

I think outside of The Lost Legacy final setpiece, the Madagascar setpiece on UC4 is the best and most complex setpiece of the series.

Edit: why the hell is everything bolded lmao

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I generally agree with most of the stuff there, but I disagree with the last bit. Not only did I love the direction and design decisions in Uncharted 4, but I felt it was needed to give a more meaningful closure to Nate.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
U4 was developed for the ps4, TLOU2 lead platform is ps4PRO, huge, huge difference.

Uncharted 4 was made using the PS3 engine modified but still a PS3 engine (they even imitated the behaviours of SPUs on the PS4 GPU CUs to port it). Now TLOU2 engine is a totally new engine built for current-gen. Which makes the difference.

RevenantAxe

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Lol @ headline. Really?

Trailer was good but actual game nowhere near can be considered in best games of this gen list .

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
*yawn*
I know the game has been out for a while now, but this wouldn't have made the needle twitch back then.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He's added a RDR2 trailer now. Incredible as always.

Airhead

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting bump. Glad you did.
The uncharted trailer was amazing.

And I wouldn't have known it was using Logan as an influence if it wasn't titled as such. Arthur is just as strong a character.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno who bumped this old thread, but I'd just like to say again that a Mission Impossible game would be right up ND's alley and something they could definitely hit out of the park.