Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
I would totally do this (after cleaning it).

giphy.gif

Ananasas

Jul 11, 2018
my biggest problem with it is the quite low resolution of the video, sometimes it feels like 720p even looking from a far IRL

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
They should do one for the US and Australia and then I could sell bread slices at an unbelievable mark up right next to it so people can make Earth sandwiches.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I like this idea. Would be cool to wave hi to people from another country and try and make them smile.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
I want a square in most large cities so you can see how life in several cities. Like in WoW where you have portals to the other main cities. Just so we can see each other. Remind ourselves there are so many more of us.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
One step closer to having WoW portal rooms in real life to get around. I support this.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
I love this, but I don't think they should put them in the US... the asshole ratio is way too high here. People would expose themselves or have sex in front of it, take drugs in front of it, constant rude gestures, not to mention tagging it or painting the screen/damage it.

Not that it can't happen anywhere else in the world, but like I said... the ratio is just higher here.

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
It's not as if they would see you. There obviously isn't a camera across the entire surface of that screen. It's probably that black part on top, so unless you want to climb up and make out with that thing, you might be disappointed with the results.
I wondered if anyone would spot the deliberate mistake šŸ‘€

OP
OP
Wrexis

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I love this, but I don't think they should put them in the US... the asshole ratio is way too high here. People would expose themselves or have sex in front of it, take drugs in front of it, constant rude gestures, not to mention tagging it or painting the screen/damage it.

Not that it can't happen anywhere else in the world, but like I said... the ratio is just higher here.

The Irish one opened a few days ago and they placed it in one of the worst places in Dublin, so doing hard drugs was already on camera.

View: https://twitter.com/nyclovesnyc/status/1788278055875543176

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

lol I just learned out about this a few minutes ago and the first clip I've ever seen of this are people from Dublin showing a picture of 9/11 to New Yorkers.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
This looks so much cooler as a steam punky kinda thing.

Also that video seems 20 years older than it actually is for some reason.

I can tell you that in person it does lose a bit of effect because you have to kind of look into the telescope end a bit. Though on the other hand, that does add to the old-timey steampunk charm.

The video looks so old because of the magic of terribly compressed 240p!

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a video of someone being arrested at the NYC/Dublin one, for doing something lewd over and over again in front of it.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The put the Dublin portal in the skeeziest part of the city centre so that's about on par what to expect.

Oct 28, 2017

it's really not though

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You could write a 90's style romcom about this with people falling in love from either side, the reality contains many more dongs though

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take your word for it as my personal experience is limited to Canada & the USA as far as countries I have lived in. But people I see in this country are pretty horrible.

But hey, Humans are horrible in general right?
Reality is other than drunks or addicts it is going to be mostly tourists going to this thing on either side. What local is going to spend more than 1 minute with this thing the entire time it's on?

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
The 9/11 stuff got me good lol

Imagine someone streaming a whole movie through this though, coast to coast internet piracy