BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kenan Thompson and Ryan Gosling are hilarious. I hadn't laughed this hard at a SNL skit in years. I was crying.

youtu.be

Beavis and Butt-Head - SNL

A NewsNation livestream event on AI is derailed by two audience members (Ryan Gosling, Mikey Day).Saturday Night Live. Stream now on Peacock: https://pck.tv/...

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I love that Kenan's first response upon seeing Beavis is basically
giphy.gif

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Probably 4th time watching this since last night as it gets multiple postings here and it gets me every time. Practically everyone in that skit save Kenan broke lmao

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I don't give a shit if that Lorne Michaels asshole gets angry when actors break, it's my favourite thing about some SNL skits.

Like the other one when Gosling is being interviewed about UFO kidnappings? That man was fucking dying, lmao.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
My favorite part of that is when Keenan describes the person and Ryan's character looks around to try to find them.

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
This episode reminded me how SNL's quality really depends on who's hosting sometimes. This and Kristen's episode were hilarious

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Incredible skit. I haven't seen that many actors break in a skit in a long time. Amazing work.

Oct 26, 2017
The idea for the skit is pretty funny but I think the fact that everyone except Keenan breaks the second they try to speak ends up being funnier than the concept.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Gawdammit got me then lol That's good tho
He doesn't. It's a bit
I understand Jimmy Fallon has said that in the past and it's even mentioned in this recent Daily Beast article. So now I'm not sure if it's a bit or not.

[URL='https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-snl-host-ryan-gosling-gets-away-with-laughing-too-much' said:
Daily Beast[/URL]]
You might think Gosling would get in trouble for something like this, especially since showrunner Lorne Michaels allegedly hates it when performers break in sketches, but the whole thing went over well.

How Ryan Gosling Gets Away With Laughing 'Too Much' on SNL

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
visually funny
corpsing funny
but meet your second wife is still my fav from last ten years (though i dont want all that much)

Cartwynd

Shinra Employee
Sep 14, 2023
It's probably the best overall episode of SNL in a while. That's not surprising considering SNL has always been hit or miss. Tthe era of being able to just watch individual sketches is the best thing to happen to the show so you can avoid watching the whole thing was huge for the show for me at least.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the real punchline here is about the low-quality journalism of NewsNation more than anything else.

Particularly embarrassing live-interviews and poorly-edited recorded ones.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't mean to imply anything definitive in my comment, but I've never believed this to be true. It obviously serves the show for everyone to believe the big boss man doesn't approve of character breaks.
Ah, gotcha. It's just that it's one of those bits of random knowledge that sits rent free in my head since forever, along with him being kinda feared in the SNL universe, so I thought I missed something in the last few years. :P

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
I don't give a shit if that Lorne Michaels asshole gets angry when actors break, it's my favourite thing about some SNL skits.

Like the other one when Gosling is being interviewed about UFO kidnappings? That man was fucking dying, lmao.
It feels loose and personal, but only because these sketches are being delivered by professionals who are completely committed.

Tina Fey's character in 30 Rock describes breaking as "laughs that we don't want to rely on" or something like that, which I could totally see being an extension of an SNL or improv/sketch/stage comedy ethos.

But the audience always loves it and delivers on the promise of the live show format: that unexpected things will happen.

For as safe as a lot of SNL stuff is, it's always a breath of fresh air that they aren't completely manicuring the program on rebroadcast.