• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
April 16 2004

I don't care what anyone says. This is a fantastic action movie, and T.Jane was 👌👌👌👌

tumblr_pazzwfEgpk1wxtgjco2_540.gifv

vKhvg0E.gif

the-punisher-punisher.gif

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
You are one dumb son of a bitch

Bringin a knife to a gun fight

*splurt*

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Hooray for the lucky 10000 who are Thomas Jane Punisher fans but never knew about this fan short film:

www.youtube.com

THE PUNISHER: DIRTY LAUNDRY [BOOTLEG UNIVERSE]

Adi Shankar Presents a The Punisher Bootleg Film By Phil Joanou. To Watch The Rest of "The Bootleg Universe" One-Shot Short Film Series Click Here: http://t...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc

It's okay, but the other one had Punisher shooting a parkour guy mid-flip with a grenade launcher.
Indeed, this is very true

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Screw the haters, this movie was so much fun.
The russian fight is awesome, you can feel Frank's frustration with this unstoppable monster.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
This was a really fun night at the theater. People were going wild during the Russian fight and blew up at the knife to a gun fight scene. A real good trashy time that could've gone further with the violence, but at least it's not the Dolph Lundgren Punisher.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It was good, but Jon Bernthal was born for the role. It's his as far as I'm concerned.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Such a great take on The Punisher where he…eh…rubs an ice pop on a guy's back.

Brutal!

That said me and gf still jokingly say "God's gonna sit this one out" to each other so I guess we've been doing that for 20 years.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Screw the haters, this movie was so much fun.
The russian fight is awesome, you can feel Frank's frustration with this unstoppable monster.

Yeah, modern movies would have Frank pull some random martial arts out to win. Instead of him just flailing around an apartment trying to get weapons

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017
I wish it had been a 1to1 of Pun v. the Gnucci's. Including Ma. At least the Russian fight was dope. I've long given up hope that I'll see a movie that nails the Pun but this is the best of them by a stretch.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Frank vs the Russian is still an all time fight scene for me. I fucking love how ridiculous and over the top it all is.

When he uses the dumb bell to bend the barrel I always laugh.

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't seen Warzone, haven't watched the Netflix Punisher, and don't read Punisher comics.

Honestly, I still enjoy this movie a lot. I know it's really not very good, but still.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
The first half of the movie is directed like some lost 80s action movie in the best way possible, but it runs out of steam for me once he befriends the neighbors and starts plotting. The director's cut is even more bloated. Love Will Patton in it, and Laura Harring is good with her limited time.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I still consider this the best Punisher film, and Thomas Jane is still my favorite version of Frank Castle. I remember I had a decision to make whether or not to see it or Kill Bill Volume 2 with my girlfriend at the time because they were opening against each other in 2004. They needed a better person than Travolta to play Howard Saint though.

Last edited:

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
TJ Punisher > Lundgren Punisher > Warzone

Yes, I hate Warzone that much. It's full of dumb violence and schlock for some Punisher fans but I enjoyed TJ's as kind of a "year one" Punisher take because he hasn't gone off the deep end yet and is still kind of a reasonable person to not just have a body count for the sake of it.

Bernthal is best Punisher, as the role, but I'm twisty on whether I enjoy the show itself so much.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed this movie when I last saw it, which I was probably…13 or 14, and didn't know much about the character, but most of that is down to Thomas Jane being so likable.

Bernthal seems like the right mix of what The Punisher is "supposed" to be.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Pretty good movie, it was my introduction to the Punisher. Though I prefer Jane's voice performance in the video game. Either way, he was awesome in the role.

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
One of the better Marvel movies

Love that it was mostly old school action/stunts as opposed to green screen TV acting (current MCU).