• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
It is funny how Thor 2 basically set up everything in the MCU ... outer space, dimensions, infinity stones ... it basically the most important movie for Endgame

it certainly is the first MCU movie to name drop the term 'infinity stones' although i think the 1st avengers movie is the first that setup the infinity saga.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Real talk time.

The Dark World is, of course, at the bottom of the MCU. But I'm of the belief that there is no bad MCU film. The Dark World, Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk are all solid movies with a number of issues.

"Bad" (or "shit" as the internet often likes to use to describe something) is Fantastic Four 2015. It's Catwoman. It's X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

The Dark World suffers from a problem that Marvel Studios seemed to be scared of for the first phase and a half: not allowing movies to be longer. Both Thor films suffered from this. Even the original Captain America, which is great, suffered from it in the third act.

The Dark World is 1h 52m and I believe that includes credits. Winter Soldier is 2h 16m. If The Dark World had a similar running time, it could help Malekith become an actual character. It could be used to give some additional context to the portals appearing on Earth. We could get a little more of the Warriors Three and Sif.

Granted, that doesn't solve everything but it fixes a big problem. Another issue is that they ruined a potentially great arc for Selvig where we get to see him deal with the guilt and PTSD from Loki's mind control. Instead, they turned him into a crazy person who ran around naked.

But it's still a solid superhero film. It has some nice art design and the assault on Asgard is great. It also ends with Frigga's funeral, which is one of the best scenes in the MCU (with an amazing score behind it).
Very well written. I strongly agree with you and would totall buy you a beer!

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Dark World is fine, I saw it in a large group and no one was shitting on it after we came out, everyone had a good time. It's not very memorable and I doubt anyone I saw it with could tell you the plot but it's entertaining enough.

Iron Man 3 on the other hand sucksssss.