• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Personally my favorite is Robb.

28b8c279-1e3b-4238-875c-2ec3ad051e50.jpg

Guy would have been an excellent King in The North. He had patience, he was a great battlefield commander, and he had the respect of all of the Northern Houses, but the guy let his need for justice get in the way of his good sense and he just couldn't keep it in his pants. I mean don't get me wrong I don't blame the guy for marrying who he loved, but when you are the King in The North you gotta have more sense than that. You gotta make some sacrifices for the good of your people. I mean look at Jon. If Robb had Jon's sense of Honor then he would be King of the Seven Kingdoms by now instead of being dead in a ditch somewhere near the Frey's place.

Seriously though thread joke aside Robb would have made an excellent king and I have always been a big fan of his character in the show and the books.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thought this would be about eating ass.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
Nice parody thread, but I don't know anything about Game of Thrones so I don't understand any of the references. :(

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Nice parody thread, but I don't know anything about Game of Thrones so I don't understand any of the references. :(
If you don't ever plan on reading the books. (They are RIDICULOUSLY good books that I highly recommend)

The Starks are a noble house from "The North". Think of it as like Canada or Norway. In the books they have a history of dying when they travel south for pretty much any reason. Robb, his father, his uncle, his aunt, his little brother and his grandfather all died when they traveled south.

Last edited:

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Rickard Stark, he should have never gone South. Much and more could have been prevented if he simply delayed answering the Mad King's summons. And, even more so if Brandon wasn't such a loud mouth sot.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I can't tell you the number of ridiculous threads I wanted to post with directions in the title. But I resisted.

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Rickard Stark, he should have never gone South. Much and more could have been prevented if he simply delayed answering the Mad King's summons. And, even more so if Brandon wasn't such a loud mouth sot.

Yeah GRRM does a really good job at putting "What if's" in his stories. There are so many that I have come across through my multiple times through the books. If Rickard had held off just another few months or maybe even a few weeks then maybe Rhaegar would have actually done something about his father.

Though I'm not sure if Robert would have halted his rebellion. I mean I guess Lyanna would have been still alive in order to tell everyone the truth, but still. Young Robert never struck me as the kind of guy to listen to reason. Even if it was coming from the woman he thought he loved.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Honestly surprised these threads survive considering how curmudgeon-y the mods can be.

Yeah Robb had the real steel. But he was still a kid (in the books, anyway) and kids just don't have the complete package to rule. Burning a marriage contract with another great house - the Frey's especially - is a big no-no.

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly surprised these threads survive considering how curmudgeon-y the mods can be.

Yeah Robb had the real steel. But he was still a kid (in the books, anyway) and kids just don't have the complete package to rule. Burning a marriage contract with another great house - the Frey's especially - is a big no-no.

Yeah I love the books more than the show as a whole due to a variety of reasons, but one of the main things I love about the show is the age adjustment for all the characters involved. It makes the things involving Sansa and Danny less.....gross and it makes the things involving Robb, Jon, Joffery, etc etc more believable.

I mean Jon is like 14(?) if I remember right and yet the dude is supposed to be a friggin beast with a sword and is supposed to be Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Whereas in the show him being 20 something makes it far more believable.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I'm gonna go with the vikings who tried to sack the British isles multiple times in the first millennia AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.