• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 25, 2019
London
I generally feel more secure in making digital purchases on Xbox and Quick Resume is really useful for me, so I think that will be where the majority of time is spent.

OP
OP
IllumiNate

IllumiNate

Nov 18, 2018
Canada
I'm balls deep in Demon souls right now, but I really wanna fire up some Destiny 2 Beyond Light on gamepass. I'm still angry that insomniac made it so we still needed to own the last Gen version of Spider-Man in order to taster or save files.. wtf

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Cool controller support: PS5
Boring controller support: PC
Gamepass new release: PC/Xbox gamepass with cloud saves

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
I'm in the same situation as you op
As I said in the XSX OT
I'm going to use XSX just for game pass games and skip buying games on it
And I'll make ps5 cover the rest
As for third party games
For now planning to go with ps5 for extra duel sense experience plus I invested so much on PlayStation from game library to friends

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
PC, baby! If i could get my hands on a 3080 next year I honestly think I'm set till the mid gen refresh. Am seriously thinking to start next gen with PS5 Pro. The current question mark of current TV with the latest next gen features is also making me want to wait. Hopefully TVs in 2021 will get things sorted out.

But so far, just having way too good of a time playing PC so far. AC Valhalla cemented that for me when I could hit a mostly solid 1440/60 with a 3600 and a 5700XT. And looking at requirements for Cyberpunk makes even more happy that I could stretch my rig further.

edit: OMG i'm sorry I misread this thread title so badly. I thought it said "for those without next gen consoles". I'll make my way out now.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
I tend to play only one game at a time, right now that is Valhalla (which i purchased on XSX). Did switch over to Spiderman Remaster for an hour to check it out. 30fps was unplayable after spendong 30+ hours in valhalla.

MasonADC

Sep 28, 2018
I play what i feel in the mood to play lol. Each console is a long term investment, if I'm not playing one much rn i will in the future.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I am primarily playing Miles & Astro, but also have Dirt 5 on the XBox, and also have Watch Dogs Legion on the XBox I have not even started yet.
Basically trying to spread the love among the two as equally as possible.

GMT Master

Oct 3, 2019
Same as last time.

Xbox for multiplayer and the odd third party game that I want to play on Xbox instead of my PC for some reason. PS5 for exclusives.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
For me this gen has been a bit more complicated. Last time it was PS4 for exclusives, Xbox for everything else, PC for anything I wanted M/KB or 60FPS.

This time around its a much harder choice. It's basically a decision tree something like this:

- Is the game an exclusive?
- If yes, play on exclusive platform
- Is the game multiplayer focused?
- If yes, most likely play on XSX.
- Is the game game as a service?
- If yes, play on most popular platform if everything else is equal
- Is the game a generic multi-platform title?
- Does it have specific DualSense integration or activity cards?
- If yes, play on PS5
- If no, play on XSX
- Does the game only offer 30FPS?
- If yes, 100% play on PC.
- Is the game on gamepass?
- If yes, XSX always
- Is the game much cheaper, or plays better with M/KB?
- If yes, PC always.

Not a very complicated tree. My preference of console due to ecosystem, controller, achievements is XSX. I am very impressed with PS5 on many levels and will likely play more multiplat games there than ever before, but it still primarily interests me for Sony-specific games. My PC is for things that I can more easily play during the day, for things that I can run at much higher framerates, or for stuff I want to try and is cheaper because of frequent PC sales. Also, due to game renting and subscription services, I am trying stuff out like playing AC:Valhalla on PC during the day and then on my OLED on XSX at night (well, I am going to try that out - Ubi is one of the only companies offering this and it seems pretty cool).