P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
I kinda need Dafoe to show up in this movie now. After his latest string of roles, I can't see why he wouldn't want to be in this, if offered (unless the original films were a miserable experience for him?).

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
Molina is great. That said, this movie is going to be a bloated mess. Remember how well they handled all of those characters in the last Spider-Man 3? This just reeks of Sony execs being out of ideas.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Dafoe won't show up because they're planning to have their own Green Goblin in the future. Meanwhile Molina and Foxx are just playing the MCU versions of Ock and Electro with which Marvel have no plans.

Oct 25, 2017
Can you give more details on this?
Here are quotes from James Horner on the differences between working on ASM1 and ASM2 and the reason why he quit during production of the sequel:

[Amazing Spider-man 1] was a big action hero movie but I wanted to add colors that you would never associate with a movie like that, and pull out emotions that aren't associated with a movie like this. Just putting that kind of music in a film like this says reams about the approach of the filmmaker and and approach of the composer. It just works on you in a different way.
Now you have a director who's coming in on his second movie, he's unsure, you have four producers, and financiers, and they all want to have a say in the score, and there's no way of doing a score. So, it's easier to do something that's huge and impressive each time, relatively the same each time. It sounds stunning… But just saturated and they're happy, they're absolutely happy. You can't get eight people, on an emotional scene that's intimate, to all agree. It's impossible.
[Director Marc Webb] was very inexperienced and he and I had a very good relationship and the producers had their own opinion. And they didn't want his input. And then Sony had their own, they just wanted action. To me, the whole thing about doing the movie was I liked the director and there was a chance to write something for the two lead characters and then she dies in the next movie. But the next movie ended up being so terrible, I didn't want to do it. It was just dreadful.

Basically they were given more creative freedom for the first movie, but once the producers got their successful reboot they came in to completely dictate the second movie. Which ironically caused the swift death of their new reboot. Horner wasn't having it. Webb, Horner, Garfield, everyone involved deserved better. And if Garfield spidey returns, they should absolutely use Horner's theme. He sadly passed away a few years ago in a plane crash. Great composer who has scored many of my favorites over the years.

www.youtube.com

Promises - Spider-Man End Titles

Provided to YouTube by Sony ClassicalPromises - Spider-Man End Titles · James HornerThe Amazing Spider-Man (Music from the Motion Picture)℗ 2012 Columbia Pic...

Last edited:

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm super excited for this

I wonder if we will get a live action cameo of Miles from Into the Spider-verse in this one

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
How can they cram all these characters into a 2-3 hours movie? This should be a trilogy or a universe in itself.

Fun times ahead.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
The MCU is going multi-verse, that's pretty cool but I don't know about the he whole three Peter Parker's running around thing.

It might not be that, it could just be Tom Holland travelling to key moments in different universes, like the train scene in Spider-Man 2. Kinda like when they went back to the Avengers scene in Endgame. With the three of them only interacting or teaming up at the end. Still awesome but not too complicated.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Here are quotes from James Horner on the differences between working on ASM1 and ASM2 and the reason why he quit during production of the sequel:

[Amazing Spider-man 1] was a big action hero movie but I wanted to add colors that you would never associate with a movie like that, and pull out emotions that aren't associated with a movie like this. Just putting that kind of music in a film like this says reams about the approach of the filmmaker and and approach of the composer. It just works on you in a different way.
Now you have a director who's coming in on his second movie, he's unsure, you have four producers, and financiers, and they all want to have a say in the score, and there's no way of doing a score. So, it's easier to do something that's huge and impressive each time, relatively the same each time. It sounds stunning… But just saturated and they're happy, they're absolutely happy. You can't get eight people, on an emotional scene that's intimate, to all agree. It's impossible.
[Director Marc Webb] was very inexperienced and he and I had a very good relationship and the producers had their own opinion. And they didn't want his input. And then Sony had their own, they just wanted action. To me, the whole thing about doing the movie was I liked the director and there was a chance to write something for the two lead characters and then she dies in the next movie. But the next movie ended up being so terrible, I didn't want to do it. It was just dreadful.

Basically they were given more creative freedom for the first movie, but once the producers got their successful reboot they came in to completely dictate the second movie. Which ironically caused the swift death of their new reboot. Horner wasn't having it. Webb, Horner, Garfield, everyone involved deserved better. And if Garfield spidey returns, they should absolutely use Horner's theme. He sadly passed away a few years ago in a plane crash. Great composer who has scored many of my favorites over the years.

www.youtube.com

Promises - Spider-Man End Titles

Provided to YouTube by Sony ClassicalPromises - Spider-Man End Titles · James HornerThe Amazing Spider-Man (Music from the Motion Picture)℗ 2012 Columbia Pic...

Thank you. Man, this pisses me off. There are great moments in both movies; I wish Webb hadn't gotten shafted. Another movie ruined by egos.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
It might not be that, it could just be Tom Holland travelling to key moments in different universes, like the train scene in Spider-Man 2. Kinda like when they went back to the Avengers scene in Endgame. With the three of them only interacting or teaming up at the end. Still awesome but not too complicated.
They won't do that, it would be a repeat of Endgame.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Thank you. Man, this pisses me off. There are great moments in both movies; I wish Webb hadn't gotten shafted. Another movie ruined by egos.

I was really damn excited about Webb handling the series after (500) Days of Summer but it was immediately clear that Sony didn't allow him to do his own thing.

Cautiously excited for his live action Snow White though.