• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's finally Bendis' time to shine :p

it upsets me that these days Jim Lee is more associated with DC than Marvel.

Kinda like when people say "David Boreanaz, you know from Bones" or "David Duchovny, you know, from Californication"

:(
Boreanaz is 100% from Bones and Bones alone for me. Sorry!

Nov 1, 2017
I don't want to see Geoff Johns get the position though I suspect he's a strong contender for it. Hell I rather Bendis got it and I'm not a huge fan of his.

If it leads to Wally, Dick Greyson, Kyle Rayner and other legacies get some spotlight I'd be pleased.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Wait seriously?? That's what it was?

So there would be an old Barry Allen and a young Barry Allen or something?
No they would be replaced by younger characters (current rumors are Jon Kent Superman and Luke Fox Batman)

Good riddance. This isn't huge.

The dude who has been behind the creative vision of the company for the last decade seemingly getting removed feels like a big deal

Last edited:

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Didio's hatred of Stephanie, Wally, Dick Grayson and superhero marriages mean I won't miss him. Rebirth was good initially and he did some good storylines, but time for new blood and hopefully someone who makes DC competitive in the digital front.

Please get someone in there that lets Nightwing hang with Starfire again.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Quick check of the top 10 best selling superhero comics on Amazon.

1. Batman Year One
2. Harleen
6. Watchmen
7. Harely: Hot In The City
8. Court of Owls
9. Kingdom Come
10. Flashpoint

DC is killin' it. He will not be missed.

Uh...no. Marvel has been murdering them in print titles and its not close at all. For 2019 sales to shops, marvel controlled 44% of all titles to shops, DC 30%, with the rest divvied up between image, etc.

Comichron: 2019 Comic Book Sales to Comics Shops

Estimated comic book and graphic novel sales to North American comic shops

Worse, of the top 20 titles for the year, only 5 were DC: Detective Comics 1000, Batman/Superman #1, DCeased #1 and 2, and Batman: Last Knight on Earth. It's pretty much all Batman, outside of DCeased. Nothing else is moving copies.

Marvel had 13: Xmen #1, Black Cat #1, Absolute Carnage #1, Marvel Comics 1000, House of X #1 #5, #6, Powers of X #1 #5, #6, War of Realms #1, Symbiote Spider Man #1, Spider Man #1.

Marvel's lineup is broader and healthier by a lot.

Granted this does not include digital titles or things sold through non diamond outlets like scholastic, but it gives you a pretty good idea of what core titles are selling and which aren't.

Last edited:

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
wait what's happening with Wally now?

He's literally fusing with Doctor Manhattan.

flash-forward-header.jpg