Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Doesn't delisting usually mean you can no longer play even if you already bought it? I have a friend in the region currently playing so not sure

No, delisting is just removing from sale. You can still play if you bought the game beforehand, but you can't buy the game anymore in these regions.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
Thankfully I already bought it.

I know Sony is ultimately to blame for this, but I STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND why people were so against just signing up for PSN or if the issue was about the country, just put the closest country in there instead. It's how I've used PSN for 15 years lol.

Now we're in a situation where Sony feels it IS a problem, and now people like me can't buy their games. Brilliant.

Morgan1994

Dec 10, 2017
Thankfully I already bought it.

I know Sony is ultimately to blame for this, but I STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND why people were so against just signing up for PSN or if the issue was about the country, just put the closest country in there instead. It's how I've used PSN for 15 years lol.

Now we're in a situation where Sony feels it IS a problem, and now people like me can't buy their games. Brilliant.

This isn't gamers issue this is only sony's issue. At least pc gamers have a backbone sony just wanted to try to wiggle in psplus, they want to change the pc gaming sphere and that isn't happening in this generation. So now they are raging and it's only their fault. They should remove ps requirements and be a real human corp. but they won't, it's just so good that pc people have logic and taste. I guess they are the smart ones. Not paying for online, ever!

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
I would 100% believe this is a steam thing instead of Sony. They are probably trying to stymie potential purchases that could result in refunds.
People keep saying this but

Devleopers/publishers are the one to pay steam refunds, not Steam unless it's full blown chargebacks?? Like as far as I'm aware the process involves a very simple "X amount of people refunded so we're deducting that from any revenue you made, and charging you if that means you went below $0 for your monthly payment from Steam".

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't gamers issue this is only sony's issue. At least pc gamers have a backbone sony just wanted to try to wiggle in psplus, they want to change the pc gaming sphere and that isn't happening in this generation. So now they are raging and it's only their fault. They should remove ps requirements and be a real human corp. but they won't, it's just so good that pc people have logic and taste. I guess they are the smart ones. Not paying for online, ever!

What… are you talking about? PS+? Where has that been discussed?

I have not heard a single source mention anything about Sony forcing you to pay for online play on PC.

Morgan1994

Dec 10, 2017
User warned: Antagonistic behavior towards other members
What… are you talking about? PS+? Where has that been discussed?

I have not heard a single source mention anything about Sony forcing you to pay for online play on PC.
It's not dummy it's for the future are you really like this? It's pretty simple math, make people force to make a sony account and later force them to pay for online. This is what ms tried, pc gamers seen this happen multiple times. Please don't reply with a very stupid comment like that again. I don't have free time for this stuff.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's not dummy it's for the future are you really like this? It's pretty simple math, make people force to make a sony account and later force them to pay for online. This is what ms tried, pc gamers seen this happen multiple times. Please don't reply with a very stupid comment like that again. I don't have free time for this stuff.
What the hell is this attitude? Lmao. It's not going to happen, it's been like 15 years since Microsoft tried charging for online on pc, no one is swallowing that pill no matter how good the game is.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017

Is this trolling?

I'm going to bed, I'm done.

MANTRA

Feb 21, 2024
The only way any company is gonna monetize playing online on PC is if you're making an MMO, and good fucking luck with that if you are anything outside of a World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy. You're speaking absolute nonsense, Sony is filled with idiotic decisions but charging for online play on PC is a step too far not even they will go there.

Odinsmana

Mar 13, 2019
Sony and Microsoft are really standing on each side of a car at the moment competing to see who can skal their dick in the door the hardest. Microsoft obviously has the advantage currently, but Sony is trying to catch up by making less destructive, but way stupider decisions.

Morgan1994

Dec 10, 2017
What the hell is this attitude? Lmao. It's not going to happen, it's been like 15 years since Microsoft tried charging for online on pc, no one is swallowing that pill no matter how good the game is.
This is what sony is trying to do its foolish to think they are not trying to do this. Is this bizarro world where corps are worshiped like wtf. You really don't think this was what sony wanted to do? Like its how things work, first force people over to make a account then when the game becomes mandatory force people to pay to play online. It's what ms tried it's what capcom tried it's what a lot of companies tried to do. It's why steam is the best pc sales place because they don't do this and they have a good reputation.

I don't know why you think otherwise when this is the only reason why they are raging now. Because the plan failed. But okay play dumb and act like some weird company dicksucker. I don't commit here a lot because of this. Like I see it completely and yeah I don't know what else to say to people like you. It's also funny how the guy brought the game and then says the corp speak of, "I brought this but now other people can't and it's because of not making my company I seem to be worshipping's account".

Explain that!

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
er4miapo.png

Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities

Discord is the easiest way to communicate over voice, video, and text. Chat, hang out, and stay close with your friends and communities.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Those are EU countries. How do you not have PSN there?

Edit:
Don't get me wrong, Sony should have a solution for non-EU countries as well.
For example, I know that gamers in Kazakhstan, Armenia, Azerbaijan and other post-Soviet countries used to register their PSN accounts in Russia. So when Sony blocked PSN and PS Store in Russia, these countries also got affected. Sony, I understand that you don't want to pay taxes to the Russian government (or, let's be honest, more likely you don't really care about the war, and you're just afraid of bad PR). But you had 2 years to think of a way to provide services to your customers in other post-soviet countries. Are those markets so small, they don't deserve your attention?

Last edited:

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
The PSN/Steam account linking requirement was dropped, but the regional restrictions were never lifted.
Wait what? Really? Thats the whole reason this account shit was BS in the first place. I dont give a shit about people being minorly inconvenienced, I care about people not being able to play the game. I guess it's nice that people who already own it can still play it but that feels like something that should be a given. There's no reason for delisting this game in territories where PSN isn't available if PSN connectivity is optional. To me, that makes it seem like they're shifting pieces into place to take another stab at requiring PSN accounts for this game.