• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Guzim

Oct 25, 2017
Here's more info on the dude. He has 3.3 million followers. Damn.

www.insider.com

The prank TikToker who dumped a crate of milk and cereal in the NYC subway apologized, but immediately proceeded to post a racist video

In his apology video, the TikToker read the "50 most hateful" comments he received on the video, promising viewers that he was absorbing the feedback.
Immediately after posting portions of his apology to Instagram, Popkin continued to post insensitive videos, including one where he made a racist joke about mailing someone his body hair.
He's an asshole.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Real life isn't like your anime or movies folks. You shouldn't be doing physical pranks like this in real life.

Admittedly I laughed at the prank I'm assuming everyone else watched of the teens wearing hazmat suits on a train pretending they spilled Covid 19 on the floor and reflecting on that event months ago through this twist on the joke today it was inappropriate as well.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm idealistic but if someone fails to observe the laws they should be punished and shamed regardless of everything else - money, power, race etc.
What should and what does happen are completely different things. It's not just idealism, it's naivety on your part if you don't understand that. Tons of people have mentioned why in this thread. It's privilege. It's not simply a coincidence it's always the same types of people pulling these pranks

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
If no criminal charges can be brought for this type of thing, they should at least have their social media accounts deactivated so they can't profit from it.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Here's more info on the dude. He has 3.3 million followers. Damn.

www.insider.com

The prank TikToker who dumped a crate of milk and cereal in the NYC subway apologized, but immediately proceeded to post a racist video

In his apology video, the TikToker read the "50 most hateful" comments he received on the video, promising viewers that he was absorbing the feedback.

The way to stop this kind of thing is for these social media companies to ban his accounts permanently, it would stop him profiting from it and stop any other idiots copying the behaviour if they feared they'd lose their "following". They obviously won't do that though because views means revenue for them too.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope everyone here is reporting the account instead of just fucking complaining. Link the news report.
why are people in a need to add "white" to their sentences - dumb people are dumb regardless of their race and ethnicity.

Tiktok is trash.
Because the fact that he walked away without a scratch or attention from the police says everything about privilege here. Meanwhile, a brown mother is getting beaten up by 6 cops in front of her toddler for not wearing a mask correctly.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I dont understand TikTok. like what prompted millions to sign up on this service when they already had twitter, insta etc? I am too old and antisocial I guess :(

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure how he could have thought this was a good idea, like what's the joke in this?

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
It seems like he's taking the Logan Paul approach. Now more people will talk about him and he'll gain more followers. Then he may pull another stunt and dial it back after the next surge of followers.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I dont understand TikTok. like what prompted millions to sign up on this service when they already had twitter, insta etc? I am too old and antisocial I guess :(
A few things.

It's very popular with younger demographics.

Also, it's less crowded than Twitter/IG and so on, which are more mature platforms. So if you're an inspiring content creator there is less competition than an IG.

The number counts are also high because it originated in China--a huge population. It's the first successful Chinese social media platform outside of China. There are others with bigger userbase, but they tend to be Chinese only.

This is the first big non-American social media platform.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

More "comedy" from this asshole

Dude could be reading a book, starting a new hobby or volunteering to help people right now but instead chooses to spend his time mentally jerking himself off by fucking with people who just wanna live.

I'm not sure how he could have thought this was a good idea, like what's the joke in this?
He gets off when other people think he's obnoxious I guess. He should just seek out a dominatrix to humiliate him one on one and leave everyone else alone.

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking despise social media and its creation of a highly lucrative economy where absolute sociopathic idiots go around being twats in public and are so handsomely rewarded for it by a gormless audience of other twats who think the metric for funny is being a twat in public making life difficult for everyone around them.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Usually I avoid giving views to douches, but I accidentally gave it another view. Tell me this video is a re upload from someone else.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I swear people are getting stupider by the day.

And the youth of America is all over these apps thinking they're cool and preaching to a world of idiots in the same choir.

Maybe some of us are more mature but the stuff posted on places like that are absolute wastes of time and nothing of value is added.

I'll laugh at some things and appreciate good tasteful creativity but stuff like this is funny on paper and expect common sense to prevail.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I dont...understand what the prank was?

Did he expect people to help him pick all that up and then say "Its just a prank bro"?

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really confused...did he really go through all that stupidity and effort for a 17 second video?

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
What a cunt. They should make him remove the video and fine him to show others not to fuck about when people are trying their best to live their lives.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
why are people in a need to add "white" to their sentences - dumb people are dumb regardless of their race and ethnicity.

Tiktok is trash.
White people have lack of consequences so there is that privilege in doing all kinds of shit even up to beating up cops and not even getting shot. He's a racist, too.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
What an idiot. He's probably not aware, but I know for a fact his video won't get many views, if it's not downright deleted.
It got 3.2 million views on tiktok it's right in the op...

Not the first time he's pulled a stunt on essential workers during this pandemic so please miss me with that not aware shit

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
I'm all for dunking on this dude, but seriously what's the point if no citation/warrant/charges/arrests have occurred

Mar 10, 2018
Not much of a prank, but more of a historical allegory for how caucasians have been inconveniencing other people for centuries by dumping their whiteness where it isn't wanted.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Since when is making a mess for others to clean up a prank? That's just being an asshole.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
This is up there with the dude that licked ice cream and put it back for stupid Internet stunts. Permanent bans from the Internet should be a thing.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
As annoying as TikTok is, this has nothing to do with it. You're blaming a social media app that people primarily use to lip sync or talk about their day.

"Yup it's TikTok". Lazy.

It's an asshole who has no regard for others. He's accountable for his actions. Not the platform he uses.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Revoke all his unemployment benefits. You're being paid to stay home and not cause problems, if you need to go out and do dumb shit that bad, you can get a job in an essential industry.