• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lilty

Oct 25, 2017
New Brunswick
Feels like Tim's adds a new menu item every damn week. I doubt I would ever order a pizza from them though. Seems completely out of place with the rest of the items they offer.

Garth2000

Oct 27, 2017
This ain't it Tim Hortons. Here's my 5 point plan to save Tim Hortons:

1) Change the coffee back to whatever it was before. I don't drink coffee but all the coffee drinkers I do know say the coffee use to be better.
2) Bring back the Bieber timbits. I don't like the guy, never heard a song of his that didn't suck but holy shit, those timbits slapped.
3) Introduce dips for timbits. You know how much the plain timbits fucking suck? They're always the last one left in the box. What if you could dip it in some vanilla? Or chocolate? Or some sort of strawberry cream? This is such a good idea I hesitate to even post it online.
4) Turn the birthday cake timbit (the GOAT) into a full donut. Holy fuck why hasn't this happened already?!
And... if you really must branch out to pastries+coffee...
5) Ice cream. You're already half way there with ice caps, donut toppings, etc.
Omg.... Tim Dips!!! This is brilliant! The possibilities are endless

A Grizzly Bear

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thought this was an old thread because they've been here in Alberta for awhile. The cheese pizza has a "New improved taste!" On it already.

This ain't it Tim Hortons. Here's my 5 point plan to save Tim Hortons:

1) Change the coffee back to whatever it was before. I don't drink coffee but all the coffee drinkers I do know say the coffee use to be better.
2) Bring back the Bieber timbits. I don't like the guy, never heard a song of his that didn't suck but holy shit, those timbits slapped.
3) Introduce dips for timbits. You know how much the plain timbits fucking suck? They're always the last one left in the box. What if you could dip it in some vanilla? Or chocolate? Or some sort of strawberry cream? This is such a good idea I hesitate to even post it online.
4) Turn the birthday cake timbit (the GOAT) into a full donut. Holy fuck why hasn't this happened already?!
And... if you really must branch out to pastries+coffee...
5) Ice cream. You're already half way there with ice caps, donut toppings, etc.
Pretty sure the reason for point 1 is McDonald's buying their old supplier. Then they probably realized the quality of the coffee didn't matter as there's far too many people who go there simply because they think it's Canadian.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
They've been selling pizzas in Western Canada for months now.

I'm in Alberta, and I've yet to see Tim's Pizza anywhere.

McDonald's pizza was pretty good.

Timmys on the other hand, they haven't done anything good in a long fucking time.

I like the donuts and the wraps. I especially like the bacon farmer's wraps they have for breakfast. But also, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like they're the best thing ever. But yeah, everything else is pretty mediocre. Outside of the wraps, the last Tim's thing I remember liking were the hot smoothies that they never brought back for whatever stupid reason.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
their breakfast wraps are pretty damn good. They should make a pizza version of that.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
(american) they just opened a Horton's by my place, pizza looks okay (particularly the dough/bread). in my fat years i'd have given it a go, like with those Subway pizzas they were obviously mid but did the job in a pinch

Smitington

Oct 27, 2017
Denver
Here's the thing. The profit margins on pizza and wild. It's basically bread with a few OZ of cheese and sauce which are all incredibly cheap inputs. Cost of goods alone are usually like 10% of the pizza. This is why there are so many pizza restaurants and why local mom-n-pop pizza shops can exist.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Tim's had this delicious fudge brownie iced latte that they only had last March. It was the best cold drink they ever made since the ice Capp and now it's fucking gone.

I will eat this pizza and give it the score it deserves.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Looking at it, honestly, I'd try it. Looks okay.

GLEa9ATWUAAvc6s
That looks like cardboard and bird shit over low grade pepperoni

Cana

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 27, 2021
The downward trend in quality over the last several years is nuts. They keep messing with the menu when the issues are poor workers, order mishaps, food quality, and coffee quality.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
They've been selling pizzas in Western Canada for months now.

The pepperoni pizza is "ok" but they take a long-ass time to make and disrupt the flow. I would never order one during a busy time of the day.

?? I'm in Edmonton, and while I don't go to Tims daily or anything, I've never seen pizza here ever.

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, I must just be "lucky" to have several early-adopter pizza Tims in my area - I assumed that it was the same for the rest of Western Canada.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in Alberta, and I've yet to see Tim's Pizza anywhere.

I like the donuts and the wraps. I especially like the bacon farmer's wraps they have for breakfast. But also, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like they're the best thing ever. But yeah, everything else is pretty mediocre. Outside of the wraps, the last Tim's thing I remember liking were the hot smoothies that they never brought back for whatever stupid reason.
I'm ok with some of the donuts, crueller is probably the best bet though.

I've had a few of the wraps, all I remember is how bad the sausage ones are.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the thing. The profit margins on pizza and wild. It's basically bread with a few OZ of cheese and sauce which are all incredibly cheap inputs. Cost of goods alone are usually like 10% of the pizza. This is why there are so many pizza restaurants and why local mom-n-pop pizza shops can exist.

Weird fact about Canada: cheese is absurdly expensive for pizza... unless they import 'pizza kits' from the US. It's literally cheaper for some companies to import the kits to get around the duty and toss away all the other ingredients except for the cheese.