• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Now that the highly successful first season is finished, we've reached the conclusion to the first game I'm sure a lot of none gaming fans of the show will be interested to check out part 2 of the series. Do we think naughty dog will release some information on the updated/remastered/directors cut version of part 2 that we've been hearing about anytime soon?

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I am expecting some sort of promo / rerelease this / next year. Part 1 is releasing on PC soon and I imagine that they would want Part 2 out before the next season of the show starts. Just a guess though.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely getting the itch to replay Part 2 and wondering if I should "save" it for a PS5 native version. The PS4 version already got a PS5 patch for 60 FPS so that seems good enough to me, but if something better's coming, I'm all ears. One of my favorite games ever, I won't mind double dipping if need be.

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're waiting until they get their 80% sales from the PC version of Part 1, in a couple of months once the PC sales and the sales brought on by the TV show fizzle out they're gonna re-release Part 2 on PS5 and PC.

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
I want to replay Part II but with how I know how Sony works it's more of a "when" so I've been holding off until this gets announced/released.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It's obviously coming with Factions.

PS4 has been old news for a long time now.

Plus a lot of the asset work done with TLOU1 PS5 should transfer over.

And the HBO show has been massive hit, so....

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Given the remake of Part 1, I would not mind to see Part 2 re-appear in a similair vein. Especially given from impression of this interview:
www.eurogamer.net

The Last of Us Part 1 developers on the journey to PlayStation 5 and the endless promise of accessibility

A chat with Naughty Dog about the accessibility options in The Last of Us Part One.

Escayg, whose previous works include Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, states that Naughty Dog wanted to offer the chance for "our existing fans and new fans to have the ability to play Part 1 and Part 2, continuously, without large gaps in technology or visual fidelity" with this upcoming release.

A lot of the groundwork for this had been laid out thanks to Part 2, however. "One of the benefits of building Last of Us Part 1 in The Last of Us Part 2's engine [is] we got to leverage [all of the tech we've been developing] right off the bat and put that into The Last of Us Part 1," says Gallant, who worked on the original game as a designer, before stepping into the director's role.

IMO part 2 already looked beautiful and I don't know what they'll add to have a Director's cut moniker apart from already remastered titles (e.g. Ghost of Tsuhshima and Death Stranding).

Hallucinations are dangerous, some people are so thirsty from being lost in the desert :p. Apart from very loose discussions and speculations don't think there's been a rumour that would substantiate that it's coming.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Linked to the TLoU Multiplayer and TLoU 2 PC version.
They are going to release Part 1 on PC just now so it will take time.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if it'll be a director's cut sort of thing per se (I feel like that implies new content, which I'll be happy if we get but I'm not expecting it), but I'll be surprised if we don't hear about Part II getting a native PS5 version and a PC port by the end of the year.

That said, since the game already has PS5 enhancements (60 FPS), perhaps a native PS5 port was never in the cards and they'll simply do a PC version like they did Days Gone, Horizon, God of War, etc.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
People keep holding out hope that's it's happening but after almost 3 years it seems that the game will just get the God of War 2018, Days Gone and Horizon treatment (PS5 Patch only). Jury's out on the when the PC port of TLOU2 will occur, that's probably the last chance they'll have or maybe they sit on it until they are closer to Season 2 on the show.

May 10, 2018
I'm all for it if it's only a $10 upgrade like how they did Uncharted.

If it's full price, then I'll stick with the PS4 version that's 60FPS on PS5.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
They already patched the PS4 version to run at 60FPS on PS5. I wouldn't expect too much more at this point. I can see Part II being released on PC with a PS5 native app, though. Which would be welcome since the load times on Part II are rough if you wanted to load chapters or encounters.

yelough

Dec 11, 2022
I know there's probably more, but the Jackson Festival was playable (Dina/Ellie kiss scene) and I believe there was more Abby & Lev sections before they made it to the Firefly house. I remember the concept art had them walking on the Freeway in LA.

There is also Ellie's boar hunt and subsequent breakdown that was a playable sequence that turned into a journal entry in the final game.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I still haven't played part 2. Maybe someday. Part 1 on ps5 was a treat. I'm sure this is even better.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
They're too busy developing the PS6 version of Part 1. /s

In all seriousness, they need to give us a reveal trailer/release date for Factions before even thinking about doing a PS5 version of Part 2.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
jfc a director's cut? are they gonna do this whole dance again?

just make the game you wanna make, you're already getting carte blanche

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
They're too busy developing the PS6 version of Part 1. /s

In all seriousness, they need to give us a reveal trailer/release date for Factions before even thinking about doing a PS5 version of Part 2.
I played so much Factions back on PS3. I'm DYIN for that ps5 version.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Just get me a native PS5 version with a few graphical tweaks/upgrades (next to the already present 60fps) and I'll pay 10 bucks for that

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Gimmie. Played nearly 100 hours of TLOU2, but I'd be there Day 1 for a PC version. Still easily the best Stealth/Action systems & mechanics since MGSV.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
A DC that cuts 10 hours would be good.
out-of-line-anthony-mackie.gif

OP
OP
Rickyrozay2o9

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Just get me a native PS5 version with a few graphical tweaks/upgrades (next to the already present 60fps) and I'll pay 10 bucks for that
Basically what I'm expecting. I actually thought we'd have it by now even before the show was announced but the remake for part 1 released and now the pc version is coming. I guess it wouldn't be time to announce this immediately but surely in the next few months.

MarkuGarku

Aug 22, 2022
I've played Part I and Part II back to back recently and I really don't find the needs for a DC or upgraded version.

PS5 patch is enough to have a similar experience to Part I.

Sep 6, 2022
Gimmie. Played nearly 100 hours of TLOU2, but I'd be there Day 1 for a PC version. Still easily the best Stealth/Action systems & mechanics since MGSV.
Crawling through the tall grass along with the greatly expanded level design where you can make your way through a street encounter by cutting through multiple houses is "chefs kiss".

Part 2 absolutely blows the first game out of the water in terms of gameplay.

The only thing I wish was better is how we don't get many opportunities to lure infected and survivors into a confrontation.
The survivor AI is really smart and they will do things like keeping quiet when they are around Clickers etc.

Hell, just talking about it after finishing the first season of the show, I am definitely booting up Part 2 and doing another playthrough on Grounded starting today.

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
DC that cuts out Ellie's section. She should be the bookends and that's it.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Well, if they decide to bring it to PC we probably will get a PS5 Upgrade we have to pay for lol.

I don't think it would be a full-on Directors Cut or Remake though. Would guess it'll be more like Uncharted where it's just "Here's new trophies and 4K/Higher Textures".