• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
That's so sad. Arguing about him vs Iverson vs T-Mac was a daily topic at school for years that really got me into sports deeper than who won the game.

Brashnir

Oct 25, 2017
Heard the news and walked out to the basketball court in my neighborhood.

Yelled "Kobe!" and chucked up a 30-footer.

It went in. RIP.

John Dope

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is one of the saddest days of my life. The joy that guy brought to me is something is indescribable... Can't even imagine what his family is going through... his wife and girls.... god damn it!!!

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
RIP to an absolute legend and the most significant LA athlete of my life. I've been a laker hater since I was a kid growing up in LA and his incredible talent was frustrating at first but admirable as I got older.

Goddamn man.

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This just proves that no matter who you are, life can be over for you in an instant. Live your lives everyday to the fullest, because you never know when your last day is going to be.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hate that my mind goes to hoping they died on impact and not in the fire.

I also cannot imagine being his wife and getting that call. And then having to tell the kids.

Horrific.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Wasn't a fan of his but man, what a shock and what a gut punch it must be for his fans. I feel so terrible for his family and everyone else on board that helicopter.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck fuck fuck shit shit shit. I feel so awful now. Been a Laker fan all my life. Dammit! I love watching him play and see him win all those championships. :( :( :( RIP the GOAT

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Lebron passed Kobe on the all time scoring list just last night so ESPN had Kobe plastered everywhere.

This is surreal.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Kobe. Can't imagine the pain Vanessa and the kids are going through.

Helicopters are the fucking worse. A few years ago the owner of Leicester City also died in a helicopter crash right after the helicopter he was in lifted off from the pitch (something he regularly did).

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
This shit is killing me. Just isn't right..

He had been coaching his daughters basketball team teaching all the fundamentals and even has them running the triangle offense...

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. I saw someone tweet "RIP Kobe" and thought it was being used in a joking way for something that had happened. So fucking tragic. RIP Kobe, my heart goes out to his wife and kids.